1999 Porsche 911

9.5

Based on 206 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

9.8/10

Best vehicle ever!!!

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"I was warned that after this car, I'll never want to drive another, and it's true. Super drive, fast, responsive, simply great!"

BEST USED SPORTS CAR FOR THE MONEY

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

"PURCHASED TIPTRONIC COUPE 2-15-13 THIS CAR IS AMAZING-THE PRICE WAS A BARGAIN FOR THIS BRAND, IF YOU HEARD THAT THIS CAR IS NOT REALLY A PORSCHE-BELIEVE ME IT IS!--JUST TAKE YOUR TIME AND DO YOUR RESEARCH WHEN BUYING---GET A TOTAL INSPECTION OF THE CAR FROM TOP TO BOTTOM, IF THINGS CHECK OUT, YOU WILL NOT REGRET YOUR PURCHASE."

Great sports car

By on Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"Thought I was dying of cancer and decided that I shouldn't die without owning and driving a 911. Found that I could buy a low milage, used vehicle for about 30K and picked up a 2003 911 coupe with 26k miles. It looks and drives beautifully. Steering is precise. It has remarkable pick-up in every gear (6 speed). It's comfortable to drive at any speed. Somehow the first gear is forgiving enough that it's easy to drive in stop and go commuter traffic. The only problem with the car is that I get whereever I'm going too quickly; a radar detector is a must if legal in your state. Why drive an Audi or Z when you can get a 911. Turns out I'm not dying of cancer, so I'm looking forward to many Porsche miles."

Serious, but fun car!

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Handles well, responsive and comfortable"

Cons: "Can be expensive to maintain"

"I bought this car 5 years ago used after driving a 1968 911 for 26 years. After some initial going through all of the maintenance inspections, fluid and filter changes this car has been a lot of fun and surprisingly reliable once a fuel tank leak was fixed (3 dealer visits). I perform all of the routine maintenance which can be done withas minimum of additional tools and effort. While many of the reviews mention some problems with the rear main seal, intermediate shaft bearings and water pump, I have not had such problems as such. The car is responsive, comfortable and with the AWD, quite stable, even in the worst of rains. A great car, but can be expensive to maintain if you use the dealer."

WOW.

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Fun, Fast, Attractive, Refined when driven lightly"

Cons: "Slim seats (I'm 175), Less than impressive speaker"

"I bought this because I'm getting too old to ride a crotch rocket motorcycle. My reflexes aren't what they used to be and that can equal death on a motorcycle. This IS a crotch rocket on 4 wheels. The engine has a similar higher rpm powerband and propels the car like a slingshot. Additionally, the rear engine and racing tone give me sort of a "street" indy car feeling. I'm afraid to break it but can't help but "use" the performance every now and then. It doesn't disappoint. @ $22k for an engine...I PRAY to never blow it up. The car feels more comfortable @ 90 than 45...etc. I find myself taking the freeway for things like getting ice cream, gas, etc. A pure addiction, I LOOK for reasons to take it out. FUN CAR."

Best car and only car that is truly unique.

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "Sheer speed, quality of build and reliability"

Cons: "No cup holder, no trunk, tire wear in rear"

"I have owned six Porsches and the new water cooled models are head and shoulders above the old ones. Regarding the person who wrote about the catastrophic half-shift problem. It only happened on the early 996 models from 1999-mid-2000. And only on stick models. The Tiptronics are not affected. Perhaps some proper research is in order. ( As in reading the large number of Porsche magazines on the market.) It is such a pleasure not to deal with bad heater boxes, ineffectual air conditioning and lack of power on the air-cooled models. Also, the C2-C4 models have massive issues with the clutches and drivetrains. I have owned a 2000 996 and have only replaced window lifts and tires, batteries etc. Otherwise not one problem. And to all Porsche owners, switch from Contis to Michelins, better ride and wear."

Great car

By on Monday, April 07, 2008

"I have owned it for 5 years. Bought it with 16000 ML. I have covered 52000 miles,need rear tires every 17000 ML. Maintenance for this car is minimal only took it to Porsche for 65000 service,oil change at intervals of 8000 ML. I just keep the oil topped up with Mobil one. Never had any problem. Again Great car"

By far the best vehicle I ever owned.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, looks, fun."

Cons: "Lack of technology; leather starting to crack."

"A wonderful car in all respects. Fun to drive, a solid, quality feel, and difficult to give up because it is so reliable."

Nothing comes close in the price range

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "Makes you feel like a hero every time you drive it"

Cons: "Needs to be driven fast to be enjoyed"

"Given the current market value of this car it is an absolute steal. To get similar performance your options are either a semi exotic (F430, Gallardo, for example) at 3 or more times the price with very high maintenance cost or a Japanese supercar that just doesn't have the refined styling or ride. This car is really a no-brainer for anyone looking for a true sports car on a realistic budget. The car is very dependable and is very unlikely to leave you stranded. The engine platform is a carryover from the air-cooled racing block and doesn't suffer the same IMS issues as the naturally aspirated 996's of the same generation. The turbo platform also offers nearly endless possibilities for tuning and performance - There are people that are easily putting down 500 BHP with just a flash and exhaust. 700HP is easily attainable with stock internals by adding larger turbos. Handling is very confidence inspiring with stability management and AWD. Just point it and go - The traction and PSM are never intrusive like on many other vehicles - The only times that you know that they are there are times when you really want them to intervene - It's still possible break the tail looks and chirp the tires from 1st to 2nd shifts with these systems enabled. The ride is nice for what it is - OK for daily driving and OK for light track duty - I opted for the X73 euro spec option and the ride is decidedly stiffer and more suited to track use - Regardless, I still use this as my DD and have no complaints. As far as comfort and interior, it's subjective - The interior is well put together, clean and almost spartan - There isn't a lot of gimmicky eye candy in the cockpit - Everything is fairly well laid out and even though the interior is basic for a car in this price range, there's nothing missing for a car that follows a design philosophy that emphasizes performance. Rough roads are noisy and in the case of my X73, the interior noise is enough that there's really no point trying to listen to the sound system. Honestly, I see no point in having a radio in this car and the original cost of the Bose premium sound system is a waste of money. If you want something enjoyable to listen to while you drive, get a nice aftermarket exhaust system like I did and leave the stereo off. This is a great time to buy this car - There are many owners that keep them as their garage queens and you can find many examples in superb condition with very low miles. These cars have also seen the bulk of depreciation at this point so you can likely find one at about a third the price of a new 997 turbo. I highly recommend this car for anyone that loves to drive the car as it was intended to be driven."

Wow!

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"What a blast to drive! Great acceleration, handling and braking. Enormous fun on track days, just put a better brake pad like Pagids on the car for a full weekend at the track. Use mine as a daily driver - ride is a bit firm but not terrible. Carrera and Carrera4 are incredible bargains used - save yourself half the sticker price and still get a car with a long life in it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche 911 near Honolulu. See local deals