1999 Porsche 911

9.5

Based on 205 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

9.8/10

You would be most fortunate to own one

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

"You want C4 if you have doubts at all about your skills as a driver. I do, that is to operate at a level that challenges the car. I have no interest in spin outs or all four corners smashed. I do drive spritely. I like AWD. It is proven to beat two wheel drive in all conditions. I do have expensive time to time problems. I did the IMS. I could afford it and I did it for piece of mind. The bearing was fine and I got a new clutch and other things done at the same time 4400 bucks. If you gasp, tires are expensive too. This is about identity. This is about driving a fantastically novel and nimble car. Make your choices. Be happy ith them and dont complain about them later. You are among the rarest of drivers to ever own a 911. Look down upon all mankind. In your nursing home bed someday you will not think of the money you spent, only the pinnacle you acheived. Buy it.The newer ones are only marginally better. Not worth the cost . 25 k for a nice c4. You are all good. Have it Porsche inspected pre purchase for God sake."

Best vehicle ever!!!

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"I was warned that after this car, I'll never want to drive another, and it's true. Super drive, fast, responsive, simply great!"

BEST USED SPORTS CAR FOR THE MONEY

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

"PURCHASED TIPTRONIC COUPE 2-15-13 THIS CAR IS AMAZING-THE PRICE WAS A BARGAIN FOR THIS BRAND, IF YOU HEARD THAT THIS CAR IS NOT REALLY A PORSCHE-BELIEVE ME IT IS!--JUST TAKE YOUR TIME AND DO YOUR RESEARCH WHEN BUYING---GET A TOTAL INSPECTION OF THE CAR FROM TOP TO BOTTOM, IF THINGS CHECK OUT, YOU WILL NOT REGRET YOUR PURCHASE."

Great sports car

By on Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"Thought I was dying of cancer and decided that I shouldn't die without owning and driving a 911. Found that I could buy a low milage, used vehicle for about 30K and picked up a 2003 911 coupe with 26k miles. It looks and drives beautifully. Steering is precise. It has remarkable pick-up in every gear (6 speed). It's comfortable to drive at any speed. Somehow the first gear is forgiving enough that it's easy to drive in stop and go commuter traffic. The only problem with the car is that I get whereever I'm going too quickly; a radar detector is a must if legal in your state. Why drive an Audi or Z when you can get a 911. Turns out I'm not dying of cancer, so I'm looking forward to many Porsche miles."

Serious, but fun car!

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Handles well, responsive and comfortable"

Cons: "Can be expensive to maintain"

"I bought this car 5 years ago used after driving a 1968 911 for 26 years. After some initial going through all of the maintenance inspections, fluid and filter changes this car has been a lot of fun and surprisingly reliable once a fuel tank leak was fixed (3 dealer visits). I perform all of the routine maintenance which can be done withas minimum of additional tools and effort. While many of the reviews mention some problems with the rear main seal, intermediate shaft bearings and water pump, I have not had such problems as such. The car is responsive, comfortable and with the AWD, quite stable, even in the worst of rains. A great car, but can be expensive to maintain if you use the dealer."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche 911 near Honolulu. See local deals