1996 Porsche 911

9.6

Based on 61 Ratings for the 1995 - 1998 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10
    9.8/10

Stunning Car

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, fast and sweet"

Cons: "tough to get into but once in your in"

"Lacks nothing right down to the courtesy lights are perfect. No Mechanical, or paint problems, never been in an accident. Fair Weather vehicle not driven in snow and rarely (only if caught init) rain"

Mine since new

By on Monday, August 03, 2009

"Bought it new in October 1996 and have used it as a weekend car for special rides. We packed it to the gills for a great trip form L.A. to Santa Fe and back. Really fabulous roadcar. The only problem was the carbon buildup due to the USA catalytic converter but I went ahead with a full top end re-build as I plan to keep the car till they carry me out of it. I am pleased to notice that the new 2010 version of the 911 looks very much like my 993 - with similar headlights and even the reflectors going part way accross the tail. There is really nothing like the sound of the air-cooled, flat six at 4,000+ RPM when it gets up on the cams with that "chain saw ripping through metal" sound! I like the LACK of things like cup holders and computer driving aids since I really have to pay attention to my driving or I will end up in the weeds. This is a very responsive car that slips though traffic like a salmon going upstream. Extreemly reliable and can be a daily driver."

Style, performance, pedigree.

By on Sunday, November 18, 2007

"I've owned a 98 993 Cab since 2001 and have put 30k miles on it including several thousand race track miles in high performance driving events. It's an absolute classic and the last 911 that was true to the original "form follows function" engineering philosophy, especially the interior which is downright spartan by contemporary standards (no tilt steering, no cup holder, poor quality stereo). I also own a 997 which is a very modern car by all standards. While newer 911's are highly capable and comfortable, the 993's will earn their place as the last of the true 911's dating back to the late 60's. The car feels like it was carved from a solid block of steel. The doors close with a solid and gratifying "THUNK" and the steering has a telepathic connection to the road surface. Simply incredible. It always feels like a special car when I drive it even if it is a bit raw and unrefined compared to it's younger sibling. To own a 993 is to own a piece of history. Porsche isn't making cars like this anymore."

Should have bought one sooner.

By on Tuesday, January 04, 2011

"I've always wanted one but never saw the point to owning one on this continent of turtle-like speed limits. I'm glad I finally took the plunge though. Its a toy; an evening and weekend driver and its fun just driving it at any speed on the quiet country back roads. A PCA driving instructor took me out in his 993 that was stock other than the Moton shocks. This is one very capable car and almost a waste to own for street use."

There really is NO substitute!

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Everything about this car is phenomenal."

Cons: "The speeding tickets I've collected over the years"

"What can I say that hasn't been said for the past 50 years? I'm on my third 911 and there really isn't anything that compares. My 993 has had H"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche 911 near Honolulu. See local deals