1995 Porsche 911

9.6

Based on 59 Ratings for the 1995 - 1998 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10
    9.8/10

Quality, safe, reliable and FUN!!

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

my weekend 911 for western NC

"I own this car and it's one of the best cars I have ever owned. The feel of this performer is unlike any other specially for its class and price! The performance and FEEL is all Porsche. Have owned it for 3 yrs and it has not seen a mechanic for any serious issues. other than normal maintenance (oil,B pads,engine belt once, wiper blades). I have only put 3,500 miles in 3 years but every mile has been on back roads of NC. With this 911 is something to experience at least once in a life time. The air cooled engine 911s are a perfect match for the mountain roads of western NC. Not as good on hot 90 degree summer days in the city. I basically drive this simple and refined machine on weekends, great feeling with the top down, nothing like it. Pure Porsche feel on these air cooled 911s that can take some degree of punishment...I'm a little careful not to ask too much from it..it can get away from you. I must have gotten a really good one... because i have had no problems in 3 years other than regular maintenance with my local everyday good mechanic. The 911 can be an everyday car, I prefer not to use it that way and it's just a personal choice. Most definitely for a Porsche enthusiast this 6 speed 285hp 911 model is made for you! Many complements and looks all day long. Loving it too. Tight steering, safe feel and good on gas keeping it under 5K rpms. It's as tough as a tank and I'm sure it can take plenty of punishment if you like to do that. Prices have rocketed on these 911 air cooled convertibles and hard to find them. Insurance super cheap in NC. Had one time the engine light come on.... freaked, but it was just a gas cap replacement after a few different opinions, and don't always trust everything you read on the internet about scary mechanical issues on this 911s, many bloggers are not mechanics. These cars, simply put, are wonderful and they give a lot of joy. Sometimes a repair or maintanace can be done by a good all around mechanic, not necessaryly a Porsche shop. If you like driving a performance car that is not too hard on the pocket and is all German with style this is it. It looks like serious business from all angles but the best is from the rear! Simple to drive. Respect for it on full throttle take offs and super tight turns. Look out if you over correct on dry pavement... a spin out most likely. DO NOT OVER CORRECT! If you don't know how to recover from a spin then don't gun it on tight turns. These 911s need to be respected. A safe recovery from a spin on a 911 is NOT an easy task. These cars will go where the steering is pointed to and that's no joke. Use it and love it respect it. Get one of these air cooled 911s for fun and if you take care of it you will never regret owning one. (tip for convertibles: do not open or close the top when car not level on all 4s, can loose your alignment quick and damage top). Every thing is simple about this car. Enjoy a 911!"

my weekend 911 for western NC

I've owned six 911 turbos in my life, my last

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Looks. Air cooled sound and road connectivity."

Cons: "You drive it and the miles add up."

"one twice. My first was a '77, then a '94 ( very quick !! ) an '02, '97 that I sold for a Gallardo. Sold the Lambo, bought my present '97, sold it for an '08 997. Added my present '97 again, sold my '08. The '97 is the best car I have ever driven. It connects with the pavement and doesn't let go. Glides from lane to lane smooth as can be, accelerates incredibly fast. I've driven Corvettes, Lambos' Vipers, Ferraris' and Mustangs. Quick ? Sure, but not quite the same. There a lot of other high line cars I haven't had the opportunity to drive. Probably never will, but that's OK. I love my 1997 993 Turbo. Period."

original owner, drives well needs repairs

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Last year for the oil cooled engine"

Cons: "Needs work indicated"

Always garaged

"Ocean blue coupe, original owner. The car handles great and, except for a cracked windshield, is in good physical condition. It needs a 60,000 mile service and emissions work to qualify for California standards."

Always garaged

There really is NO substitute!

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Everything about this car is phenomenal."

Cons: "The speeding tickets I've collected over the years"

"What can I say that hasn't been said for the past 50 years? I'm on my third 911 and there really isn't anything that compares. My 993 has had H"

I love driving this car. Best I've ever owned.

By on Sunday, December 25, 2011

"Car handles great. The power from this car is fun to have and mine is only the C2. Wish I had the turbo. Car's value has stayed the same or gone back up over the last few years, I would recommend buying one used if you have the chance."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche 911 near Honolulu. See local deals