2010 Pontiac Vibe

Based on 114 Ratings for the 2009 - 2010 models.

Easy to drive, can carry everything.

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Easy fun to drive, looks cool even for a "wagon"."

Cons: "Clearance is not as high as I'd like for snow."

"I bought this car used, a little over 1 year old, and have had it for a year and a half so far. Great car. I love the way it looks and the way it drives. The traction control is a nice feature, especially during Wisconsin winters. This is a very "wash & wear" car. Not high-maintenance, not difficult, just get in and drive. The easy-to-fold-down seats and rubber-treaded trunk mean I can go from taking a bunch of friends around town to loading up the back of my car with bags of garden soil and fertilizer all in the same afternoon. We used to take my boyfriend's Honda CRV every time we had to go on a long road trip, but the Vibe rides so comfortably and gets such good gas mileage, we take it now on trips instead. The ONLY thing I would change about the Vibe is the clearance. I've gotten stuck in snow at the end of my driveway a couple times this winter. If the snow is piled up more than 12 inches in spots, the body of the car gets stuck. So, really, not that bad. I just can't ram this car over a hill of snow like I can with some SUVs."

By on Monday, January 26, 2009

"I have owned the 09 2.4L fwd since June 08. I have been pleased with most everything so far, I have 6,000 miles on it. I averaged 35 mpg on two long trips and about 26 in the city,more than sticker said I was suppose to get. I love the xm radio where I live, but on my two trips through mountains and hills I lost xm signal many times. I see no blind spots like I've read in other reviews. The only problem there has been it's in the shop as I write. There was a loud rattle noise coming from dash behind steering area. The Pontiac dealer has determined its the power box at bottom of steering wheel, other wise after driving a GMC Sonoma for ten years I,m glad I bought the Vibe over the Saturn Astra, Scion XB and Mazda 3. The price beat all them."

Practical and Fun Performer

By on Thursday, October 08, 2009

"Bought this car for work because the space, size and mpg's fit my needs. Got the 2.4L and a few options to make it more fun. Still get 28-30 mpg hwy. 18 months and 44,000 miles later and I love it! The eager 2.4 w/automatic has generous power to enter a freeway, pass, get out of the way and climb mountains and have fun doing it. I routinely fill it with computers or people and it still gets the job done w/o straining. Not a sports car, but certainly no slacker. Not one problem with it since day one."

2009 Vibe GT

By on Friday, May 29, 2009

"I have had the car 9 months and have 18k miles on it already, no problems at all. Car seems really well built. Nice looking, styling is fine. I have a major lead foot and average 21-22 mpg which is an acceptable average for me considering the way I drive. My 2 complaints are the road noise. At 75-85 the tires and wind noise are pronounced. My last car was a 2006 Cadillac CTS which isnt really comporable but was much quieter. Secondly, its not that comfortable on long drives. I do a lot of 3-6 hour trips for work and find myself getting worn out. If it had a few more inches leg room and more comfy seat Id be happier but this is the sport version so its my fault for making this purchase. Overall, pretty nice car. My wife has the 1.8 and she averages about 26-27 mpg combined which is fine with me."

By on Thursday, May 07, 2009

"I searched long and hard for an affordable AWD/4WD vehicle that also got decent gas mileage. I was really pleased to find the Vibe and purchased it in September 2008. After going through the winter, with some of the heaviest snowfall my area has seen in about 15 years, I'm absolutely thrilled with the car. The hatchback is great and the plastic lined trunk area and fold-down seatbacks make it functional like an SUV. Unfortunately with Pontiac going out of business there won't be too many opportunities to buy this in the future. However, if you're looking for a new car I definitely wouldn't shy away from buying the last model they'll make of this in 2010 - you really will be glad you did and I suspect you could get a good deal too."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Vibe near Honolulu. See local deals