2009 Pontiac Vibe

Based on 109 Ratings for the 2009 - 2010 models.

Local driving

By on Thursday, April 10, 2008

"I bought this for around town driving. With Gas going to $ 4 a gallon, I now look very smart! I am getting about 29 miles per gallon. I went golfing with my two boys and all three of us, 6 feet tall, easily fit in the car with our 3 sets of clubs. Engine is snappy, XM radio rocks and I have the BASE 1.8 engine with auto. No problem for me with gas going to $5 a gallon, I got rid of the SUV getting 12 in the city.. I cut my gas cost MORE than half with this change and my carbon footprint is 1/3 of the SUV."

Best Car Ever 4 Today

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2008

"Bought one of the first 2009 Vibe GTs. Love it. Getting 30+ MPG highway. In town on road 26 combined. The GM twin to the Toyota Matrix gives great value. Has the Toyota engine and 5 speed automatic and shiftable transmission with GM ONStar and 100,000 mile GM warranty. Have 9000 miles so far with no problems. I recommend the GT over the base model for handling, suspension, feel, and looks. I safely dodged a headon on the Interstate without any problem last month. My Vibe took a hard avoidance manuver at full speed with no problem with a guy entering the freeway ramp the wrong way. It has all the safety features, great sound system, XM radio, and I would definately buy it again. The only suggestion I would give Toyota/GM is to place a slide or second sun visor for summer days. Sun visors are single and small."

Very Well Put Together Car

By on Monday, February 23, 2009

"Having been a 4-door "family" sedan driver most of my life, I decided to take a chance a something a little sportier and different. Took a look at the '09 Vibe (my daughter has an '04 model) and was immediately impressed. The looks are extemely well thought out and somewhat futuristic. The 2.4 liter is surprisingly zippy and peppy while being stingy on gas. I'm averaging 24-25 mpg in moslty suburban type driving and expect to get 30+ on the highway.A manual shift mode with the 5-speed auto trans adds to the fun. The drivers seat is very comfortable with the overall interior space being quite roomy. The XM radio also adds to a pleasant driving experience and OnStar is a nice safety feature. All in all a,geat small car at a fair and reasonable price ."

Lovin My Vibe

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2008

"After test driving a Mazda3, Toyota Matrix, Saturn Astra and Nissan Rogue, I finally decided on the Pontiac Vibe GT (5 speed manual transmission) and I love it!!! I’ve had the car for 2 weeks today and have put on just under 500 miles. The gas mileage is fantastic (I’m averaging 30 mpg). I love the rear folding seats that actually fold flat and have a plastic coating, which is perfect for hauling the dogs around. I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a versatile car that is fun to drive."

Nice but,

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "see desc."

Cons: "see desc."

"Car has been fantastic as far as reliability and ease of maintainence. Easiest oil changes I've ever done. Very reliable and powerful motor with mileage at 30mpg no matter what. When passing, hold on! I like the controls and handling except for this- it tugs to the right on acceleration for just a moment. Braking is very crisp and the antilocks work great on ice and snow. Lots of interior room! lots more than it's small size would indicate. The one thing I really hate is visibility. The back windows are small and you really have to look for blind spots and the front body panel cab support blocks your view on left turns. More of an annoyance than anything but I think they could have made it better."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Vibe near Honolulu. See local deals