2009 Pontiac Vibe

Based on 106 Ratings for the 2009 - 2010 models.

Bad Brakes

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

"In 65000 miles, I will be putting the FOURTH set of brakes, drum and rotor, into this misery. The other car we own, an older Scion with double the mileage, required brake work twice in the same period, and it was less expensive. The traction control in ice and snow is much less stable than the Scion, and the back end fish-tails like a boat in slippery conditions. I think the guys on the assembly line knew that Pontiac was going out when they built this car, it's a turkey."

Love this car!!!!

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Geat price and fun to drive."

"We have driven this car all over the country. Just love it."

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, versatile, LOTS of cargo room"

Cons: "CD player sticks, Several recalls but no issues"

"This has been the best car I have ever owned. I love the way it drives, smooth ride, smooth turning. This was a college car for me. Love the way the back seats fold down - I was able to cram A LOT of my belongings in this vehicle as I moved to new dorms or moved back home. This vehicle does pretty great in the snow, also. Love the Stabilitrak and front wheel drive. Never was in a collision, but I feel safe in this vehicle. There have been some unsettling issues, as this is a Toyota-made car, twin to the Toyota Matrix. There have been a few recalls (floor mat sticking under gas pedal, window motors, etc) but I never experienced any issues regarding these recalls. Other small issues: CD player gets CDs stuck on hot days. Sometimes I have to push the eject button several times before the CD will work its way out. Also had some minor issues with the factory tires going flat several times due to dirt getting between the tires and rims, but since I have replaced the tires, I haven't had any problems. Overall, just a FABULOUS vehicle - I am very sad Pontiac went under. The reason I have to trade it in is because my husband and I are expecting our second child and this vehicle just doesn't have the room that we want/need for a family with two infants that need bulky car seats, diaper bags, strollers, etc."

Love my GT, nice pick up, fuel efficient

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

"Great vehicle, was suppose to trade it in on my new Equinox n 2010, but couldn't. Glad I didn't, better vehicle for the money than the Equinox!!!"

Solid Reliable Car for Value

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "reliable, fuel efficient"

Cons: "not real comfortable for taller drivers"

"I bought my base model (1.8l 4cyl fwd)with 5sp manual trans new & it now has around 125,000 miles on it. All I've had to do it so far is: change oil, air filter, tires & brake pads & rear rotors. I have had a little trouble with the rear brake calipers but that's it. Fuel economy is always right around 30-32 mpg. I do more city than hwy driving. On trips I've gotten up to 36 mpg. I'm 6'1" & this is not the most comfortable car, but it is what it is and that's a great, reliable, economical. My dad used to have an 03 vibe & my sister has an 07 and neither had any significant problems with theirs. Based on my experiences, I doubt you'll get a lemon if you buy one."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Vibe near Honolulu. See local deals