2009 Pontiac Vibe

Based on 112 Ratings for the 2009 - 2010 models.

Local driving

By on Thursday, April 10, 2008

"I bought this for around town driving. With Gas going to $ 4 a gallon, I now look very smart! I am getting about 29 miles per gallon. I went golfing with my two boys and all three of us, 6 feet tall, easily fit in the car with our 3 sets of clubs. Engine is snappy, XM radio rocks and I have the BASE 1.8 engine with auto. No problem for me with gas going to $5 a gallon, I got rid of the SUV getting 12 in the city.. I cut my gas cost MORE than half with this change and my carbon footprint is 1/3 of the SUV."

Best Car Ever 4 Today

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2008

"Bought one of the first 2009 Vibe GTs. Love it. Getting 30+ MPG highway. In town on road 26 combined. The GM twin to the Toyota Matrix gives great value. Has the Toyota engine and 5 speed automatic and shiftable transmission with GM ONStar and 100,000 mile GM warranty. Have 9000 miles so far with no problems. I recommend the GT over the base model for handling, suspension, feel, and looks. I safely dodged a headon on the Interstate without any problem last month. My Vibe took a hard avoidance manuver at full speed with no problem with a guy entering the freeway ramp the wrong way. It has all the safety features, great sound system, XM radio, and I would definately buy it again. The only suggestion I would give Toyota/GM is to place a slide or second sun visor for summer days. Sun visors are single and small."

Easy to drive, can carry everything.

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Easy fun to drive, looks cool even for a "wagon"."

Cons: "Clearance is not as high as I'd like for snow."

"I bought this car used, a little over 1 year old, and have had it for a year and a half so far. Great car. I love the way it looks and the way it drives. The traction control is a nice feature, especially during Wisconsin winters. This is a very "wash & wear" car. Not high-maintenance, not difficult, just get in and drive. The easy-to-fold-down seats and rubber-treaded trunk mean I can go from taking a bunch of friends around town to loading up the back of my car with bags of garden soil and fertilizer all in the same afternoon. We used to take my boyfriend's Honda CRV every time we had to go on a long road trip, but the Vibe rides so comfortably and gets such good gas mileage, we take it now on trips instead. The ONLY thing I would change about the Vibe is the clearance. I've gotten stuck in snow at the end of my driveway a couple times this winter. If the snow is piled up more than 12 inches in spots, the body of the car gets stuck. So, really, not that bad. I just can't ram this car over a hill of snow like I can with some SUVs."

Practical and Fun Performer

By on Thursday, October 08, 2009

"Bought this car for work because the space, size and mpg's fit my needs. Got the 2.4L and a few options to make it more fun. Still get 28-30 mpg hwy. 18 months and 44,000 miles later and I love it! The eager 2.4 w/automatic has generous power to enter a freeway, pass, get out of the way and climb mountains and have fun doing it. I routinely fill it with computers or people and it still gets the job done w/o straining. Not a sports car, but certainly no slacker. Not one problem with it since day one."

2009 Vibe GT

By on Friday, May 29, 2009

"I have had the car 9 months and have 18k miles on it already, no problems at all. Car seems really well built. Nice looking, styling is fine. I have a major lead foot and average 21-22 mpg which is an acceptable average for me considering the way I drive. My 2 complaints are the road noise. At 75-85 the tires and wind noise are pronounced. My last car was a 2006 Cadillac CTS which isnt really comporable but was much quieter. Secondly, its not that comfortable on long drives. I do a lot of 3-6 hour trips for work and find myself getting worn out. If it had a few more inches leg room and more comfy seat Id be happier but this is the sport version so its my fault for making this purchase. Overall, pretty nice car. My wife has the 1.8 and she averages about 26-27 mpg combined which is fine with me."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Vibe near Honolulu. See local deals