2008 Pontiac Vibe

Based on 735 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Great Car for Driving

By on Friday, May 18, 2012

Pros: "longevity, minor repar costs, 30 - MPG"

Cons: "none."

"I purchased this car new in November of 2002 as a good all wheel drive call for my wife to commute 40 mi each way to work. After about 3 years and 60,000 miles my job changed and so I started driving this car since. It is a FANTASTIC car for somone who is in rep for their company and does alot of driving. Since the beginning i have changed the oil around 3000 to 3500 each time, transmission fluid 50,000, first tune up came at 190,000 i tried to get a tune up at 100,000 but the mechanic at the dealer said the plugs looked like they were new. Let me talk about the AWD this car is like a tank, i have driven to make appointments in unplowed driveway (mine - flat) thru 12 inches of snow and looked back and could see the outline of the under carriage, my job takes me to construction sites and i have amazed contractors with f-350 what i can drive thru. I have not done any major work on this car just the normal stuff tires, brakes, struts, i am now having to replace the caalytic converter (231K), i am not buring any oil, tranmission shifts good and I plan on driving this car a long time 300 miles. I average about 30k a year for work."

the fabulous Vibe

By on Saturday, August 04, 2007

"Yes, it is possible to love a car. This is a great family car (for two kids and a dog), but you don't have to cringe when your friends see you driving around like you would if you were in a minivan because this baby's got style. We love the front seat that flips down: on long trips we can just plug the laptop into the AC outlet on the dash (the coolest feature) and let the kids watch movies for hours. We've had the car for over two years and have had no maintenance issues at all. My only wish is that it had a little zippier engine, but it performs beautifully for what it is. I plan on keeping this car until the doors fall off."

This car meets all my expectations- best value

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "It is fun to drive, it is easy to park and load"

Cons: "The right head light is hard to change"

"I purchased the Vibe because it was comfortable for me (5ft3) and for my husband(6ft 2)and large. We are retired and cost and maintenance are excellence. Our son loves it. It has Baby seat hooks for our grandchild. We have changed the catalytic converted,had new breaks done, and new spark plugs. Of course we have regular oil changes and transmission care and new tires. At 270,000 miles it still gets 34 mile to the gallon of regular fuel. It does not use any oil. People say it is comfortable when we take guests."

Great Value

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

"My Vibe is stylish and economical. It is no speed demon and is actually listed as a wagon, but then again the insurance is priced accordingly. I average around 33 mpg and have had no problems mechanically; after all it is made in conjunction with the Toyota Matrix. I get the occasional “nice car” or “sporty” from others and my wife will say “I’m going to take the sports car to the store”. It is very versatile, the back seats lay flat and you haul lots of stuff in back. I’m 6’2” so I gave it 4 stars on comfort because it would be nice to have more leg room. Other than that I love this little car."

Outstanding Car

By on Saturday, November 24, 2007

"After three years, I have no complaints about my 5-speed, 05 Vibe; in fact, I have nothing but praise for this car which provides outstanding gas mileage (40 mpg interstate at 65 mph) with excellent storage capability and backseat comfort for up to three people. There is ample head room, excellent visibility, use-to-use dashboard controls, and smooth shifting. I just replaced the original tires, but have done nothing else but regular oil changes, wiper blade replacements, and replacement of the air filter. I routinely haul several boxes which easily fit into the car with one or both back seats moved down. Even the front passenger seat can be put down to allow hauling of long objects. The car is also fun to drive. Sure, it doesn't explode from 0 to 60, but I didn't buy it to do this. I wanted a five-speed, and the Vibe was one of the few American cars offering this options. I want excellent fuel economy with plentiful interior room, and the Vibe delivers. I want a car that is dependable, and the Vibe delivers. I have yet to meet another Vibe owner who doesn't rave about his or her car. Perhaps because this car is part Toyota that makes it so reliable, but whatever it is, I plan to stay with the Vibe when it is time to trade in for a new vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Vibe near Honolulu. See local deals