2009 Pontiac Torrent

7.9

Based on 263 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

Not the worst I could've bought

By on Saturday, May 09, 2009

"I purchased this in April of 2007 as a new car (2006 model from show room). It started off as a rough relationship. I was in and out of the shop about 4 times within the first 3 months. Granted, one of those trips was for a rip in the seat before I purchased the car and not a mechanical issue. But when the "Check Engine" light went on a handful of time and OnStar could only say "we recomend taking it into the shop" (oh, really? you don't say), I was getting annoyed with the purchase quickly. I think something broke on the emissions system each time...which I've learned is almost everything in the car. First was a leak somewhere, then a bracket that should never come loose broke off...hooray! After those first several months, everything stopped breaking and I've had no real issues since then. The features of the car have been great (heated seats, auto dimming mirror, XM radio, automatic headlights, etc.) I'm not sure I can go without these things now. I did have to replace the front break pads sooner than I had hoped, as well as the factory equiped Bridgestone tires (went out around 25,000 miles) and just recently I had the windshield replaced for a crack that formed from a rock that chipped it. Not pontiac's problem, but I've noticed some vehicles are more pron to cracking from road damage if their shape is off...Hummer H2's have this problem a lot. The interior of the car has held up nice (made the dealer throw in all weather mats as part of the deal)...all buttons, knobs and levers still look new or at least are easy to clean. The exterior holds up well too. Standard dent or swirls to be expected over two years of driving around. I was disappointed in the gas mileage, although it was right on with EPA's estimate. I usually get about 16-17 city and 19-20 high way if I'm lucky. I had a Vibe before this impulse-buy and I wish I had never given up the Vibe...best car I ever owned. I do like the size of the Torrent and ability to use LATCH system in all rear seating positions (for when I have kids later on in life). Hope my review helps...boils down to this is a decent SUV for the price, now that the kinks seem to be worked out."

Great Overall Value

By on Monday, October 29, 2007

"I had the 07 model for a month now and driven about 4500 miles. The handling is great, although many have complained about the fuel milage but need to consider the AWD model gets lower milage than the FWD model. I have the FWD and get 26 HWY and 23 City. Three problems that I have is you can't adjust the drivers seat very easy without a small hand to reach between the door and the seat. Another is the placement of cup holders or the lack of. Third, small storage or coin compartments, hard to reach the lower left and if you put anything in the lower center consel it is hard to get to it while driving. Overall this is a good buy."

Nice vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"I have had this Torrent for 16 mths and have had it in the shop 3 times for repair. Twice for the ignition sticking, once I had to get towed because the ignition wouldn't turn at all. That was 2000mi ago and now it is doing it again. Took it in for a shake in the front when braking above 50mph and told the rotors need resurfaced already (at 25,500 mi). The inside looks cheap. I like the interior room and stylish outside, but I don't think I will be buying another Pontiac. I would love to trade it in but the value has decreased by $12,000 in 16mths."

RELIABLE

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "reliable; good on gas; comfortable; roomy interior"

Cons: "cup holder bad spot; wheel bearing issues"

"At the beginning of my vehicle search; the Torrent was at the top of my list. After researching the consumer reviews, I removed the vehicle from my list. After months of test driving vehicles and more research; I found myself in front of a nice Torrent. It was priced right; looked good; and felt good to drive. I purchased the car used in 2009. This vehicle has been so reliable on its trips across the country. It's been comfortable; gas efficient; and very roomy to travel in. Nothing is perfect including this design. The main issue that we had was that it used up a lot of wheel bearings. (5 replaced within a year and a half! wow! Grateful to have a warranty that covered most of the repairs.) The leather seats are only partially heated (base only). I had expected fully heated. Lastly; the front cigarette lighter plug is located underneath the drink holders in the center console which is extremely inconvenient! Aside from that ~ this SUV is highly recommended!"

Very comfortable ride

By on Monday, April 23, 2007

"I love my torrent, it is a great family vehicle. It has a great turning radius and great visibility.."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Torrent near Honolulu. See local deals