2006 Pontiac Torrent

7.9

Based on 269 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

Not the worst I could've bought

By on Saturday, May 09, 2009

"I purchased this in April of 2007 as a new car (2006 model from show room). It started off as a rough relationship. I was in and out of the shop about 4 times within the first 3 months. Granted, one of those trips was for a rip in the seat before I purchased the car and not a mechanical issue. But when the "Check Engine" light went on a handful of time and OnStar could only say "we recomend taking it into the shop" (oh, really? you don't say), I was getting annoyed with the purchase quickly. I think something broke on the emissions system each time...which I've learned is almost everything in the car. First was a leak somewhere, then a bracket that should never come loose broke off...hooray! After those first several months, everything stopped breaking and I've had no real issues since then. The features of the car have been great (heated seats, auto dimming mirror, XM radio, automatic headlights, etc.) I'm not sure I can go without these things now. I did have to replace the front break pads sooner than I had hoped, as well as the factory equiped Bridgestone tires (went out around 25,000 miles) and just recently I had the windshield replaced for a crack that formed from a rock that chipped it. Not pontiac's problem, but I've noticed some vehicles are more pron to cracking from road damage if their shape is off...Hummer H2's have this problem a lot. The interior of the car has held up nice (made the dealer throw in all weather mats as part of the deal)...all buttons, knobs and levers still look new or at least are easy to clean. The exterior holds up well too. Standard dent or swirls to be expected over two years of driving around. I was disappointed in the gas mileage, although it was right on with EPA's estimate. I usually get about 16-17 city and 19-20 high way if I'm lucky. I had a Vibe before this impulse-buy and I wish I had never given up the Vibe...best car I ever owned. I do like the size of the Torrent and ability to use LATCH system in all rear seating positions (for when I have kids later on in life). Hope my review helps...boils down to this is a decent SUV for the price, now that the kinks seem to be worked out."

Good Overall Design

By on Thursday, October 04, 2007

"Best size and shape of any small to mid sized SUV. GM does vehical dynamics well, so the ride and handling are supurb. The engine is a bit poky, but gives decent milage. So unless you need a hot rod, it is fine for the average family. This is one of only two cars sold in the world that gets 5* side impact rating withOUT side airbags which means it is strong. Get em anyway, they are a great option!"

unsage

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"I would not recommend this vehicle due to computer problems that contradict with the transmission. If the computer is faulty, the car becomes out of control and accelerates when stepping on the break. Also, there are many times where the key will not turn in the ignition and it will take at least 2 minutes to try and get the key to turn."

Great car

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"I love the Torrent features and comfort. I've had a couple issues with repairs (dash board rattle that lead to Onstar & stering wheel volumn problems) - which is probably the dealership more than the vechicle. Overall I'm very happy with the Torrent."

good buy

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"I have never had any problems with my Torrent. Great on gas, I can get 28.8 miles per gallon on the highway. Even with 2 kids I have plenty of room."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Torrent near Honolulu. See local deals