2002 Pontiac Sunfire

8.0

Based on 463 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

wow 270000 miles and still driving the beast

By on Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pros: "everything is a pro"

Cons: "cons i guess would be idk"

"i bought this car have been driving it like crazy as you can tell as long as you stay true to oil changes and maintain the vehicle you should not have any trouble"

This has been a great car !

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "If you like to shift, if you like to drag ?"

Cons: "Governor cuts in too soon in 1st, but 2nd wow !"

"I purchased new, It has the 2.4 engine, manual - Dual cat back, cold air intake, and a great super charger,factory, and factory body upgrade. This car will fly. Never wrecked, never abused , always serviced, and never raced, but has been in a few short drag races, never beaten, by a 4 cylinder, and whipped a few 6'es. Never been smoked in and it does not smoke, 1/2 qt. oil in 3k miles , at best. One chip in windshield, sealed."

KEEPING THIS CAR UNTIL THE DOORS FALL OFF!!!

By on Sunday, May 31, 2009

"I have a 2005 Sunfire - purchased it with 10,000 miles, now has 60,000. Here we are 4 years later, and all that I have had to do is regular maintanence (i.e. oil change, tune-up), passenger side hub bearing (part costed about $50, and another $20 to put it), rotors and brakes (which does not surprise me, I have been told I drive like mad), and I spent $100 on the door locks (doors did not want to unlock in cold weather with remote or manually). So, spending the $170 for the bearing and doors has been well worth the four years that it has lasted me. It has NEVER left me stranded, and this is the car that I choose to take on the highway (I also have a 2004 Taurus, which I also love, but it stays home when it comes time for long trips). Oh yeah, and I get GREAT gas mileage!!! Lets be honest here, lets not cut this car down because your 7 feet tall, and say this car has no room!!! It is spacious for being a two door, small vehicle. Too bad they quit making Sunfire's, and GM is going through a "crisis" because I would, without a doubt, buy another Sunfire. P.S. This is the first car that I paid off, before it started falling apart! Makes me hate the previous cars I have ownded (Honda, Mitsubishi, and Nissan) even more!!!"

By on Saturday, August 4, 2007

"very reasonable price, bought new in 2001 had 0 problems with it until 2005 since then a few minor things have come up but nothing major, great gas mileage, only regret is having a 2 door, looks sporty but is a pain to get things/people in and out of the back"

Love my car so not sure why I would trade it

By on Wednesday, December 3, 2014

"My 2000 Sunfire has 170K on the odometer. Can I buy a new or used car - sure - do I want a car payment - no. Of course had the normal items to repair - tires, brakes, transmission, water pump etc. But I love my car and if I buy another car - will keep my Sunfire.."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Sunfire near Honolulu. See local deals