1993 Pontiac Sunbird

7.6

Based on 69 Ratings for the 1992 - 1994 models.

Recycled Sunbird

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"I bought this little car a couple years ago for $350. It needed a head gasket and about a year later I had that done and the mechanic tried to buy it from me. Then, after another 9 months, I insured and started to drive it around town as a daily driver. When a trip to CA came up, I made the trip from Indiana with two black labs in the back seat and a Siamese cat and 11-year-old Shih-Tsu in the front seat. After 2000 miles, this car with 175K miles did not need even a quart of oil. We didn't go fast, but it paid for itself on this trip alone. Great student car or around town, even for an economical long trip."

1989 sunbird first car

By on Sunday, September 14, 2008

"I've had this car for almost 3 years as my first car. The previous owner had it sitting dead with windows open (!) for close to 2 years. With a bit of time (about a year of here-and-there work) my father and I rebuilt it at home, with just a few parts to buy, and she was good as new! Recently installed new muffler system and starter and i think the oil gaskets are about to go now. It runs so reliable, never hesitates to start on cold, cold days and gets me everywhere - even if it's across a few states. The steering is just right, response is pretty good (for a car that's just a year younger than I am), mileage is great! It won't really go faster than 90 mph without shaking a bit, but that's okay, I know it is not a sports car! Overall, I'm so attached to this little car! It's like a good old friend who'll always be there."

A Classic Car

By on Thursday, August 2, 2007

"My 1992 Sunbird has just turned 15 years. It has been in my family since new. It has always been reliable and keeps on going. With only 75,000 miles I plan on keeping it a few more years - definitely a wise purchase back in 1992"

A Fun Little Car

By on Sunday, May 22, 2016

This was right after I had painted the car, it was originaly black with red in the bumper and red bump-guards but I took them off

"The Pontiac Sunbird is one of the funnest cars I have ever driven. this car handles great, accelerates great, and can handle any kind of weather as long as you drive safe. If you are a bigger person the car might be a little uncomfortable because the seats are small but than that I have no complaints about the car. Even with the convertible the trunk still has a ton of storage. The dash set up is very comfortable for the drive to use while driving. Over all, I would highly recommend this car to someone."

A great car !

By on Thursday, February 18, 2016

Pros: "super inexpensive parts ! great gas mileage !"

Cons: "not suitable for tall or obese persons"

"I bought my 1994 Sunbird LE, with 2.0L, manual transmission five years ago as a 'backup' car in case my 95 Volvo died. I got rid of the Volvo two years ago. I am 5'11" and I find it a little cramped in the driver's seat. My 5'4" wife is comfortable in the passenger seat and my huge dog owns the entire rear seat! The car handles well on the road. The gas mileage is great. This car is the cheapest car to maintain than any car I have owned in my life and I am 67! I buy my parts from the internet. This car is mechanic friendly, so many parts are easily accessible! Changing the thermostat is like opening a bottle of milk! You just screw off the cap,remove the old thermostat and insert the new thermostat. Why didn't anyone else think of that? The rear window is great, you can see 360 degrees. the rear windows on most new cars are near useless. I intend on keeping this car for the rest of my life."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Sunbird near Honolulu. See local deals