1993 Pontiac Sunbird

7.6

Based on 67 Ratings for the 1987 - 1994 models.

Recycled Sunbird

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"I bought this little car a couple years ago for $350. It needed a head gasket and about a year later I had that done and the mechanic tried to buy it from me. Then, after another 9 months, I insured and started to drive it around town as a daily driver. When a trip to CA came up, I made the trip from Indiana with two black labs in the back seat and a Siamese cat and 11-year-old Shih-Tsu in the front seat. After 2000 miles, this car with 175K miles did not need even a quart of oil. We didn't go fast, but it paid for itself on this trip alone. Great student car or around town, even for an economical long trip."

1989 sunbird first car

By on Sunday, September 14, 2008

"I've had this car for almost 3 years as my first car. The previous owner had it sitting dead with windows open (!) for close to 2 years. With a bit of time (about a year of here-and-there work) my father and I rebuilt it at home, with just a few parts to buy, and she was good as new! Recently installed new muffler system and starter and i think the oil gaskets are about to go now. It runs so reliable, never hesitates to start on cold, cold days and gets me everywhere - even if it's across a few states. The steering is just right, response is pretty good (for a car that's just a year younger than I am), mileage is great! It won't really go faster than 90 mph without shaking a bit, but that's okay, I know it is not a sports car! Overall, I'm so attached to this little car! It's like a good old friend who'll always be there."

Great First Car

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"This is an excellent first car to anyone who is looking for a car that runs great, has A/C, and is good on gas. I currently average about 26-28 mpg's, which helps with the ever increasing cost of gas. Great vehicle!"

pretty good car

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "no cup holders but its a sports car lol"

"this was my first car but some tlc into it and made her happy i love this car and she has really stuck with me"

Dependable

By on Thursday, December 31, 2009

"I have one right now that I got for free from my brother 4 years ago. This has actually been the most dependable car I've ever owned. In 4 years I have only replaced the starter, brakes, and a 5 dollar piece in the brake pedal assembly. It starts every morning, even if it's 5 below zero. At 212,000 miles my little car is still running strong!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Sunbird near Honolulu. See local deals