1992 Pontiac Sunbird

7.6

Based on 67 Ratings for the 1987 - 1994 models.

Recycled Sunbird

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"I bought this little car a couple years ago for $350. It needed a head gasket and about a year later I had that done and the mechanic tried to buy it from me. Then, after another 9 months, I insured and started to drive it around town as a daily driver. When a trip to CA came up, I made the trip from Indiana with two black labs in the back seat and a Siamese cat and 11-year-old Shih-Tsu in the front seat. After 2000 miles, this car with 175K miles did not need even a quart of oil. We didn't go fast, but it paid for itself on this trip alone. Great student car or around town, even for an economical long trip."

1989 sunbird first car

By on Sunday, September 14, 2008

"I've had this car for almost 3 years as my first car. The previous owner had it sitting dead with windows open (!) for close to 2 years. With a bit of time (about a year of here-and-there work) my father and I rebuilt it at home, with just a few parts to buy, and she was good as new! Recently installed new muffler system and starter and i think the oil gaskets are about to go now. It runs so reliable, never hesitates to start on cold, cold days and gets me everywhere - even if it's across a few states. The steering is just right, response is pretty good (for a car that's just a year younger than I am), mileage is great! It won't really go faster than 90 mph without shaking a bit, but that's okay, I know it is not a sports car! Overall, I'm so attached to this little car! It's like a good old friend who'll always be there."

A Classic Car

By on Thursday, August 02, 2007

"My 1992 Sunbird has just turned 15 years. It has been in my family since new. It has always been reliable and keeps on going. With only 75,000 miles I plan on keeping it a few more years - definitely a wise purchase back in 1992"

loved this car for years

By on Thursday, April 28, 2011

"I bought this car new and it never gave me any problems. I hear about all these recalls cars have today, never had one. Nothing more fun than pulling two latches and pushing a buttun to put the top down at a red light! Or putting it up. While shopping around at dealerships for a convertible one salesman tried to tell me the motor in convertibles go out all the time, the one he was trying to sell me you had to get out and put it down manually. Go figure. The top still goes up and down. oh also I ran this car pretty hard. I kept up with the oil changes and it rewarded me for years. The white top took a little more work to keep nice but I still like the look better than the black (for a chick car lol)"

pontiac sunbird

By on Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"I love this car, it is a straight up champ. I had over heating problems for six months due to a fan motor failure and it overheated at least 50 times and never blew a head gasket or caused any major damage, this car totally pulled it off!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Sunbird near Honolulu. See local deals