• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2009 Pontiac Solstice

Based on 253 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

Fun to drive & sexy styling

By on Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pros: "Economical to drive & SO much fun!"

Cons: "Get used to double checking side mirrors!"

"I LOVE my Solstice. It's great looking and fun to drive, sort of a mini muscle car in a sexy body. I get tons of comments from real "car people." The interior is comfortable but not plush, and that's okay with me. It isn't my first roadster, and I understand the need for simplicity. The only drawback in my experience is limited rear and side visibility with the top up. Check your mirrors an extra time before changing lanes, though, and you're good."

Ferrari performance GM budget

By on Friday, November 28, 2014

Pros: "everything!!!"

Cons: "loss of blue book value"

"Bought this car due to beauty and performance. Still love this car due to its beauty and performance. Sad to see the blue book value drop so far down. It's still a head turner and still out performs the Porsche Booster ($40 k) and is far far better lookin. Have had no mechanical issues."

It is great fun to drive; I enjoy the GXP power.

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pros: "It has a lot of power and that sports car feel."

Cons: "Very little trunk space."

"I just turned 72; this sports car makes me feel young again. The sports handling makes me feel like I am in full control going through the curves. The G forces of the GXP power system give me a thrill. It has 45,000 miles and has not had any issues since minor things were done during the early warranty period."

I love this car. Drives like a dream,

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

"This car has great pick up with the turbo engine. Love it. I am retiring and in my 70's so I guess it is time to sell it."

America does it right

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "Excellent suspension and power, fun to drive"

Cons: "top storage, trunk, internal storage"

"Out of the box, the Solstice GXP is a great car. Short comings are top storage and engine lugging in first gear. Suspension is good for a production car that cost 20K new. The engine has great power for a car at 20K new. But then I didn't pay anyway near 20K for this car. That's the main point. I have seen remarks about the Solstice as being minimalistic and unrefined. That's OK with me because that is how we do it in the US. In the Navy, we say we build war ships, not cruise liners. Same with our cars. The Solstice is a perfect car in that it can truly be what the owner wants - and not bankrupt while doing so. Want more power - no problem and easily done. GM Stage II tune. Want a better suspension? Again, no problem and at a seriously good price. Z0K parts are cheap. Update the interior? The sky is the limit. Do that to other cars the Solstice is compared to, and you are more than likely to pay out the nose. Trunk space is just horrible - that is a fact. But a person with a little ingenuity can take care of that. Most complaints come from individuals that will conquer the suspension but whine because they cannot install a cup holder. For the price I paid for the car, I have a turbo 4-cylinder monster - still half the price of a BMW 3 series or 350Z of the same year range."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Solstice near Honolulu. See local deals