2008 Pontiac Solstice

Based on 261 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

head turner

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"I bought the car two years ago. Fell in love with the style the first time I saw it. Just like 50s corvets. It is an American sport car. Rough and tough. I put in 24000 miles. No leaks or drips, runs better now than new. The only draw back are the seats, unconfortable and too low, Poor rear view visibility."

Love this car

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, good gas mileage, looks great"

Cons: "Manual top, damagability of lower front"

Ready to hit the roads!

"Have had my Solstice for 5+ years. Drove it to work daily. I am petite so it fits me perfectly. It is very comfortable. Seats slide forward and then power up and down. It is Mean Yellow (yes that is the actual name of the color) and turns heads. The 5 speed turbo is powerful. Road noise for a convertible is less than normal with the acoustic top. The handling is nice and tight with no slippage on the curvy back roads. Couple things I wish were different. I wish the convertible top was powered up and down, rather than manual. I wish the seats were heated as leather is cold in the winter, but the car warms up quickly. Lastly, I dislike the little metal piece that goes across the bottom of the front of the car. The car sits so low that it gets scratched when parking if it hits the concrete "bumpers" in parking lots."

Ready to hit the roads!

2008 GXP owner...the bad stuff

By on Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Pros: "Handles awesome, turns heads, fast"

Cons: "Temperamental, repairs are costly"

"We all know that American cars aren't built like they used to be. But expect some surprises with your Solstice. While I hands down have more of what you would call a "love affair" with my car, it can definitely be temperamental. Be extremely careful with the coolant system and never open the coolant reservoir when the engine is warm. There is a tendency to get air bubbles that will overheat the engine. In addition, I've had to replace my water pump and thermostat while still under power train warranty, and just today 1 month out of the power train warranty, I had to have a new coolant fan assembly installed for a whopping $840. On a car just over 5 years old, garage kept, and regularly maintained, I expect more. All said though, you'd be hard pressed to have a more fun, nostalgic convertible, and it's a real head turner."

Great ride with a minor flaws.

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "Fast, Reliable, Great Design, Killer Handling"

Cons: "No trunk space, no power top, tough to get in/out"

"I bought my GXP with just under 8k on the odometer in 2011. I've put about 9500 miles on it in the past year and can say that I'm very pleased overall with this car. The acceleration is on par, if not better than, my 1998 Camaro Z28 Convertible. Build quality appears to be top notch as well. Handling is fantastic and I'd put it up against just about anything out there, past or present. My biggest complaints? While it's no Lotus Exige, getting in and out of this car is a major pain in the butt and you'd best be a contortionist to do so. Also, the trunk might be big enough to hold a change purse or maybe a gym bag...and that's it. It holds NOTHING if the top is down. The only other complaint would be the lack of a power top. It's truly a pain to open/close the top. Given its shortcomings, I would highly recommend this car. As an everyday driver, perhaps a little less so. As a weekend cruiser, second car, or your track/canyon carver...definitely. Biggest mistake GM made was NOT keeping this car as a performance option for, say, Buick."

Fun to drive auto. Will attract wolf whistles

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

Pros: "Fun sports car to drive"

Cons: "limited room for baggage"

"This auto very fun to drive and it is a true sports car. This car bought by my late wife and although I have driven it in the summer only I decided to sell the car. It has been stored in my garage during the winter from Nov. to April every year."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Solstice near Honolulu. See local deals