2009 Pontiac G8

9.4

Based on 264 Ratings for the 2008 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

4 yrs & still amazed by it.

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "great all around value,love driving it."

Cons: "no power seat recliners,rt ft pass seat travel"

"Having owned about 40 new & 10 used cars from acura to vw,including several high performance cars(boss 302)(280Z turbo),&several mid range luxury cars Acura legend,cad seville.The pontiac is probably the best compromise in my opinion, it seems to do everything extremly well.mixed driving over 1000 miles yields 19.7 mpg.Not perfect,but no mechanicle issues, I agree with other reviews passanger seat travel should match drivers,& power seat recliners would have been nice.We purchased a oem 19 in rim & tire, that fits in spare tire recepticle.power,handling & braking are exceptional."

Awesome

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Fast, sporty"

Cons: "No garage door controls"

"Great car particularly for the money. Bought it in December, 2009 when Pontiac was blowing them out with $6K in rebates. Made it the buy of a lifetime. Great handling, sporty feel fast etc. Love this car."

One amazing car

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Very reliable, amazing performance"

Cons: "Plastic interior parts"

"This car is truely amazing. Fast, agressive look, and very good handling with performance to match. I am closing in at 30k miles (very hard driven miles) and this car just keeps performing. I change the oil at about half the estimated oil life of 13000 miles, and I have not had a single problem except for the recalled gas cap which was fixed free or charge. Another thing I love about this car is the harder you punch the gas the smoother it sounds and feels. Highway driving is also not a problem as I have experienced 28-30 mpg when active fuel management kicks in. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone looking for a performance vehicle at a relatively affordable price."

Best Family Car

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Room, comfort, fun to drive"

Cons: "Bottom of front seats are plastic and they break"

"We looked at alot of vehicles before purchasing the G8. You will not find another sedan with the room, comfort and over all power that this car has. I traded in my GTO for this car and I have to say that in no way do I feel slighted on power or performance (in fact the G8 handles far better). Only complaint would be that the front seats are made of plastic around the bottom; and when getting out of the car if you slide across it the wrong way it will break everytime. It makes no sense to have such nice leather interior and a cheap plastic snap in for the seat."

Power and Room

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"I have had my G8 GT for a little over a month. I love this car. I finally found a vehicle that would fit me (6'2" and rotund) that has incredible power. I had been lusting after the new Camaro and realized that you get nearly the same power and more utility. The winter handling takes some getting used to. I have had no problems except for the occasional back slide on initial acceleration. Simple to correct and worth it for the fun on the dry days."

Hats off to GM for the G8 GT.

By on Sunday, December 28, 2008

"Looks, performance and lots of room. Nothing better on the market for the price. Your spouse will think you bought a responsible family car...just don't floor it while they are in the car. :)"

Delivers

By on Friday, May 02, 2008

"I LOVE this car; just purchased it 3 weeks ago and I can not stop smiling!! I traded my 2005 Bonneville GPX, and have not missed the car. The G8 is agile, quick, fun to drive and has a killer sound system!!! The gadgets are slick and easy to use (be sure to read the manual). By the way there are a few new interesting things to play with like the CD system. One bad thing no "XM" radio available, but handy "AUX" plug for great sound from an after market system. You have to drive this car "VERY, VERY" fast! Can't wait to see what the G8 GXP will be like. Congratulations Pontiac, I was mad when you discontinued the Bonneville, but the G8 is a nice replacement!!!"

very good road performing vehicle

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "very good touring vehicle"

Cons: "road noise, audio system could be better"

"Excellent vehicle for my driving experience. There is more road noise than I like. The interior materials and application of could be better than is. Performance of mechanicals are on par with what I consider to be good. Engine performance, transmission, brakes are all better than I expected. Steering is light and quick. The a/c and heating is up to par. I don't like the sealed transmission application, as I would like to know the level of transmission fluid. Overall pleased with this vehicle."

Outstanding car!!!

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Excellent power, fun to drive-very responsive!!!"

Cons: "No XM/Sirius capability."

"Outstanding, in comfort, drivability and reliability. The G8 has a great look with it's widetrack, aggressive stance. I love approaching it as it is parked on a lot...it just looks as bad as it is!! It was a major mistake by GM in deleting Pontiac from their line up."

Zero Issues

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Power, reliability, handling"

Cons: "City mpg"

"Purchased the car for the performance to value ratio. Car is fast, handles well and has lots of room. Been driving it for over 4 years and 113k miles, mostly all highway so easy miles. No repairs needed to date. Just routine maintenance. Gotta be proud of the general for this one,,, and the Aussies."

Looks good. drives even better.

By on Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pros: "Ride and handling. Looks."

Cons: "stock speakers sound quality. easy fix."

"Don't see a lot on the road. Wish pontiac could of stayed around just to make this one car. I would buy a new one every 4 to 5 years. It's a shame I won't get the chance. Car has a stand out look and drives great. For a big sedan it corners like a little car. Turn the traction off and have some fun. Stays balanced and easy to handle even in a drift."

Big Car Fun

By on Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Pros: "Driviability, fast and delirious, trunk space"

Cons: "No rear cup holder"

"Excellent 4 Door Hot Rod; only drawback is driver side seat trim, replaced three times under warranty and needs to be replaced again."

My favorite vehicle of all time.

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "Sporty yet roomy,,,, love it!!"

Cons: "Pontiac is no longer available"

"Love this car... beauty, power, smooth ride,"

I love my G8 GT!!!

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "All pros."

"I went to dealership to buy a Chevy Cruze and saw this 2009 (24,500 mi.,excellent cond.) G8 GT and had to have it. GT trim plus sport package and sun roof. What's not to love? Handles great, runs like a champ and is simply beautiful. Oh! Can't forget all the compliments i've gotten for it and heads it's turned, and I have only had it for a week. Sad that GM had to axe it. G8 is truly a great car."

Sports car that fits my whole family

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, lots of room, efficient for a V8"

Cons: "stock exhaust note is very subdued"

"I had been holding out for a Camaro SS, but when I heard Pontiac was going away, I decided to check out a G8 before it was too late. I was totally blown away by the car, and decided that the small trade off for performance from a Camaro was worth the extra room and comfort. I've had the car for two years, and it's exceeded my expectations. It handles great, very quick, and for having a 6.0 liter, it's fuel efficient (I get around 17 mpg). If you like the rumble of a V-8, I suggest getting a set of Flowmasters. The stock exhaust is very subdued. I've put 32,000 miles on the car, and aside from the after market exhaust and a K"

Wish they continued making this car!

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"This car is one of the most fun cars I've owned. And for the cost, you couldn't get a better value. Full size backseat, lots of engine power, and rear wheel drive!"

Best Car I've Owned

By on Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"I've owned many cars but this is by far the best. With 360+ HP and 25mpg on the highway, this GT is a blast to drive. I had it for over a year now with no issues other than a bushing recall which was fixed quickly. The front end with the wide overhanging fenders looks menacing. I call it a 4 door GTO!"

Check engine light on every month

By on Saturday, December 19, 2009

"We purchased our G8 in Feb 2009 and paid too much for it. The price dropped significantly a short time later when GM announced that Pontiac was being discontinued. The car has been in the shop more than it has been in our garage and we are extremely disappointed with it. It has been taken to our local dealer at least once a month due to the check engine light coming on. The pulley/belt has squeaked since the first week even though it has been replaced once already. The electrical system went out completely and took a week to repair, and the entire dash had to be taken apart to do this. This has caused some rattles to add insult to injury. Based on the mostly positive reports here I believe we have a lemon on our hands but GM has yet to make it right other than providing us free oil changes for two years."

By on Friday, July 24, 2009

"This is a great car. We can fit our family of five comfortably and have more than enough power to hold our own against the high dollar foreign cars that are 10's of thousands more. The seats could be a little softer and they should have used the bose stereo system. But other than that, no complaints. This is a fun car to drive."

Great Value

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"This car is straight-out a four-door Corvette. You will realize immediately that this was originally a right-hand drive car. The only thing on the driver's door is the handle. All window, door and mirror switches are on the center console. After a few drives it doesn't seem that different. Many controls seem odd for a GM car....or should I say a Holden/GM car. The sunroof control is VWish and a bit strange. The seat lumbar and tilt are manual controls on the side of the driver's seat. Weird for a GM. On the plus side....auto trans, engine and brakes on top notch. This car is scary-fast. Wheels are significantly unique. Since 2009 and 2010 (maybe) will be the only years a GXP is made this car should be very exclusive. Stereo and climate system are fantastic. Trunk is large. An actual family car if you can stomach the low gas mileage."

strut problems

By on Sunday, September 21, 2008

"the same day i bought this car inoticed unusual binding or pop noise.turns out my struts and or strut bearings were bad.they replaced them from another new g8.still not so sure its perfect.may favor to the right side in alingment.montoring tire wear to see.i only have 1500 miles on this .i love this car but sure could do without these problems"

Sweet Machine

By on Thursday, May 22, 2008

"Smoked a M3 today. Ride is smooth. No road noise. Fit and finish is excellant"

American muscle is back

By on Saturday, April 19, 2008

"I also wasn't really looking for a new car but this is just what I've been looking for. Comfortable affordable family saloon with sports-car like performance and handling. It's too soon to be able to assess fuel consumption adequately but it's acceptable so far and you don't buy a 360HP car for economy. No problems so far; just look forward to my drive to work and even volunteer to take kids to practise!"

Pontiac G8 GT - Good bang for the buck!

By on Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Pros: "Good V8 power. Decent gas mileage."

Cons: "Problematic stock suspension parts."

"I own this car and love it. It has good V8 power, a great shifting transmission when in SPORT mode and dual climate controls! It also has leather interior, heated seats, and the optional 19" wheel package. These cars original sold for around $30K. In recent years the prices have slowly started to go back up on the used car market. Probably because these are a great family car with the hot-rod friendly rear wheel drive and V8 powerplant. My car averages 17mpg in city and 23mpg in highway driving. The only known issues with these cars is the front lower controls arms, stuts, and strut bushings. I've had to change mine after they started giving problems at 80K miles. Other than that, the car is rock solid."

This is the best car that GM ever built.

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "Great styling. Super handling characteristics"

Cons: "None - this car is the best of the best"

"I have had a lot of complements on this car. For a full sized car, the mileage is good at an overall 22+. The style is timeless and it handles beautifully."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G8 near Honolulu. See local deals