2009 Pontiac G8

9.4

Based on 244 Ratings for the 2008 - 2009 models.

9.7/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

The best car that GM never built.

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Great performance bargain. Excellent handling."

Cons: "Power seats have manual recline."

"Ordered new in 2008. GM could not supply in Canada. Purchased 2009 in US through my local dealer. Then GM cancelled local dealer. Love my G8 GT. Have owned 34 new GM vehicles but; THIS ONE IS THE LAST!"

Best Car I have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

"I have owned many cars in my life. I have owned 3 Acura TL's. When I bought my Pontiac G8 GT I thought I was probably taking a step down in quality assuming that Acura is supposed to be a luxury vehicle. I think I have only owned one other car for more than 3 years (I have OCD issuses with rattles etc.). I have never owned a car long enough to require a set tires. Until now. I bought my 2009 GT in 2010 sometime. It is the best driving vehicle I have ever owned. I still can't hear one rattle going into almost into my 5th year of ownership. I have to admit it - I'm in love with this car and can't find anything to replace it with. Driving this car almost makes me sexually excited. The sound, performance, and power are just beautiful. It actually goes quite well in the snow being RWD. Stabilitrak and anti-lock brakes work great. If I could buy another one new right now I would get up and go do it. I should buy a new but I just can't part with this car. PS - I did buy new tires."

A Dream Came True!

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Performance, comfort, head turner"

Cons: "Premium fuel, gas consumption"

"Owning a full-sized sedan with a manual transmission was a lifelong dream. My Pontiac G8 GXP fulfills that dream daily. I would love to buy another if I could find one with low mileage that's affordable."

last reviewed 3/31/13 love this car.

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Looks,Comfort,performance,&terrific value."

Cons: "passenger seat rear travel,long red lights in town"

"motor trend mag nearly stopped me from buying this 09g8gt. there coty test was less than complementary,Stated they were concerned about overall reliability.5.5 yrs later the car has been nothing but a pleasure to drive.No reliability problems & over the last 3500 miles averaging 21 mpg.(65% hwy 35% city).After 24K the tires seem to be barely worn,at least 20K left on them.brakes have 85/90% pad life left."

Best Car Ever

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "I have one!"

Cons: "They quit making them."

"The G8 GT is an excellent car! I will never sell this car! I bought this car new in 8/09 and LOVE it! The ride is so good and it sticks to the road like you wouldn't believe. Power is incredible, walks away from 99% of the other cars out there. I gave the interior an "8" because the windshield pillars are a little big, a minor irritation that's easily overlooked when cruising down the road in a car that gets so many looks. I've had more compliments on this car in 4 years than I have in 12 years with my Vette. People love it. The only problems on the car so far were the On-star battery died (warranty) and 2 recalls requiring reprogramming: 1 on the tire pressure monitoring system and 1 on the air bag timing. A friend was looking for a new car and after he drove my G8 he opted for a used G8. Pulling the plug on this car was the biggest mistake in automotive history."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G8 near Honolulu. See local deals