2008 Pontiac G8

9.4

Based on 263 Ratings for the 2008 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

4 yrs & still amazed by it.

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "great all around value,love driving it."

Cons: "no power seat recliners,rt ft pass seat travel"

"Having owned about 40 new & 10 used cars from acura to vw,including several high performance cars(boss 302)(280Z turbo),&several mid range luxury cars Acura legend,cad seville.The pontiac is probably the best compromise in my opinion, it seems to do everything extremly well.mixed driving over 1000 miles yields 19.7 mpg.Not perfect,but no mechanicle issues, I agree with other reviews passanger seat travel should match drivers,& power seat recliners would have been nice.We purchased a oem 19 in rim & tire, that fits in spare tire recepticle.power,handling & braking are exceptional."

Awesome

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Fast, sporty"

Cons: "No garage door controls"

"Great car particularly for the money. Bought it in December, 2009 when Pontiac was blowing them out with $6K in rebates. Made it the buy of a lifetime. Great handling, sporty feel fast etc. Love this car."

One amazing car

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Very reliable, amazing performance"

Cons: "Plastic interior parts"

"This car is truely amazing. Fast, agressive look, and very good handling with performance to match. I am closing in at 30k miles (very hard driven miles) and this car just keeps performing. I change the oil at about half the estimated oil life of 13000 miles, and I have not had a single problem except for the recalled gas cap which was fixed free or charge. Another thing I love about this car is the harder you punch the gas the smoother it sounds and feels. Highway driving is also not a problem as I have experienced 28-30 mpg when active fuel management kicks in. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone looking for a performance vehicle at a relatively affordable price."

Best Family Car

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Room, comfort, fun to drive"

Cons: "Bottom of front seats are plastic and they break"

"We looked at alot of vehicles before purchasing the G8. You will not find another sedan with the room, comfort and over all power that this car has. I traded in my GTO for this car and I have to say that in no way do I feel slighted on power or performance (in fact the G8 handles far better). Only complaint would be that the front seats are made of plastic around the bottom; and when getting out of the car if you slide across it the wrong way it will break everytime. It makes no sense to have such nice leather interior and a cheap plastic snap in for the seat."

Power and Room

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"I have had my G8 GT for a little over a month. I love this car. I finally found a vehicle that would fit me (6'2" and rotund) that has incredible power. I had been lusting after the new Camaro and realized that you get nearly the same power and more utility. The winter handling takes some getting used to. I have had no problems except for the occasional back slide on initial acceleration. Simple to correct and worth it for the fun on the dry days."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G8 near Honolulu. See local deals