2008 Pontiac G8

9.4

Based on 269 Ratings for the 2008 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

Pontiac G8 GT - Good bang for the buck!

By on Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Pros: "Good V8 power. Decent gas mileage."

Cons: "Problematic stock suspension parts."

"I own this car and love it. It has good V8 power, a great shifting transmission when in SPORT mode and dual climate controls! It also has leather interior, heated seats, and the optional 19" wheel package. These cars original sold for around $30K. In recent years the prices have slowly started to go back up on the used car market. Probably because these are a great family car with the hot-rod friendly rear wheel drive and V8 powerplant. My car averages 17mpg in city and 23mpg in highway driving. The only known issues with these cars is the front lower controls arms, stuts, and strut bushings. I've had to change mine after they started giving problems at 80K miles. Other than that, the car is rock solid."

Power and Room

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"I have had my G8 GT for a little over a month. I love this car. I finally found a vehicle that would fit me (6'2" and rotund) that has incredible power. I had been lusting after the new Camaro and realized that you get nearly the same power and more utility. The winter handling takes some getting used to. I have had no problems except for the occasional back slide on initial acceleration. Simple to correct and worth it for the fun on the dry days."

Hats off to GM for the G8 GT.

By on Sunday, December 28, 2008

"Looks, performance and lots of room. Nothing better on the market for the price. Your spouse will think you bought a responsible family car...just don't floor it while they are in the car. :)"

Delivers

By on Friday, May 02, 2008

"I LOVE this car; just purchased it 3 weeks ago and I can not stop smiling!! I traded my 2005 Bonneville GPX, and have not missed the car. The G8 is agile, quick, fun to drive and has a killer sound system!!! The gadgets are slick and easy to use (be sure to read the manual). By the way there are a few new interesting things to play with like the CD system. One bad thing no "XM" radio available, but handy "AUX" plug for great sound from an after market system. You have to drive this car "VERY, VERY" fast! Can't wait to see what the G8 GXP will be like. Congratulations Pontiac, I was mad when you discontinued the Bonneville, but the G8 is a nice replacement!!!"

Outstanding car!!!

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Excellent power, fun to drive-very responsive!!!"

Cons: "No XM/Sirius capability."

"Outstanding, in comfort, drivability and reliability. The G8 has a great look with it's widetrack, aggressive stance. I love approaching it as it is parked on a lot...it just looks as bad as it is!! It was a major mistake by GM in deleting Pontiac from their line up."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G8 near Honolulu. See local deals