2008 Pontiac G8

9.4

Based on 268 Ratings for the 2008 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

Pontiac G8 GT - Good bang for the buck!

By on Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Pros: "Good V8 power. Decent gas mileage."

Cons: "Problematic stock suspension parts."

"I own this car and love it. It has good V8 power, a great shifting transmission when in SPORT mode and dual climate controls! It also has leather interior, heated seats, and the optional 19" wheel package. These cars original sold for around $30K. In recent years the prices have slowly started to go back up on the used car market. Probably because these are a great family car with the hot-rod friendly rear wheel drive and V8 powerplant. My car averages 17mpg in city and 23mpg in highway driving. The only known issues with these cars is the front lower controls arms, stuts, and strut bushings. I've had to change mine after they started giving problems at 80K miles. Other than that, the car is rock solid."

very good road performing vehicle

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "very good touring vehicle"

Cons: "road noise, audio system could be better"

"Excellent vehicle for my driving experience. There is more road noise than I like. The interior materials and application of could be better than is. Performance of mechanicals are on par with what I consider to be good. Engine performance, transmission, brakes are all better than I expected. Steering is light and quick. The a/c and heating is up to par. I don't like the sealed transmission application, as I would like to know the level of transmission fluid. Overall pleased with this vehicle."

Best Family Car

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Room, comfort, fun to drive"

Cons: "Bottom of front seats are plastic and they break"

"We looked at alot of vehicles before purchasing the G8. You will not find another sedan with the room, comfort and over all power that this car has. I traded in my GTO for this car and I have to say that in no way do I feel slighted on power or performance (in fact the G8 handles far better). Only complaint would be that the front seats are made of plastic around the bottom; and when getting out of the car if you slide across it the wrong way it will break everytime. It makes no sense to have such nice leather interior and a cheap plastic snap in for the seat."

Power and Room

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"I have had my G8 GT for a little over a month. I love this car. I finally found a vehicle that would fit me (6'2" and rotund) that has incredible power. I had been lusting after the new Camaro and realized that you get nearly the same power and more utility. The winter handling takes some getting used to. I have had no problems except for the occasional back slide on initial acceleration. Simple to correct and worth it for the fun on the dry days."

Hats off to GM for the G8 GT.

By on Sunday, December 28, 2008

"Looks, performance and lots of room. Nothing better on the market for the price. Your spouse will think you bought a responsible family car...just don't floor it while they are in the car. :)"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G8 near Honolulu. See local deals