2010 Pontiac G6

7.7

Based on 1085 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Good looking, Good, not great car.

By on Friday, February 29, 2008

"I leased the Base V6 Model after test driving a 4 Cylinder Accord EX. The V6 gives you smoother, better power than an Accord 4-Cyl, and also as well or better equipment for the same price. In fact, with GM incentives, my lease payment was significantly lower than it would have been on the Accord. I bought this in 2005, when it was first introduced. The car has been reliable, but not without minor glitches. The dashboard creeks and cracks, and despite GM’s recommended fix, has never been resolved. The car would be relatively quiet, if not for annoying wind noise in the driver’s side window. That too, was never resolved, despite two trips to the dealer. The rear visibility leaves something to be desired, and the wide front pillars are a hazard when pulling out on a busy street. Nice amenities for a car at this price, especially the trip computer and remote ignition, but my jaw fell out when I took it home and learned it did not come with ABS! Be warned, this was not a standard safety feature in 2005. Perhaps it is now, I don’t know. What attracted me to the car was the smooth acceleration of the V6 engine and the sporty look and feel, compared to the somewhat drab-looking 2005 Accord. The handling, I feel, is underrated. It handles quite well, and gives you a very nice comfortable ride. I recommend this car only in the Base model – the extra money for the GT, brings it in the price range of other, more refined V6 cars like the Accord, Maxima or Camry. The Highway Gas mileage is among the best I’ve ever had in a V6. Depending on the levelness of the road, I’ve gotten anywhere between 30 and 34 MPG! Not nearly as impressive in the city (around 18 or 19MPG).. Interesting, how there is such a difference between City and HWY mileage. After 3.5 years, there has not been a mechanical problem, other than needing new front brakes. A good, but not great car. I put 85 Octane gas in it because I've noticed literally no improvements or benefits in paying more for 87 or 91. In fact, the fuel economy seems to do better with 85."

Love it!

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

Pros: "good on gas"

"This car has been great and reliable for me. I've owned it for over a year now and have had no problems with it! I haven't had to put any money into it and its been great"

sweet ride

By on Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"what a great car. very comfortable for a long ride or trip to the mall great on gas never had to repair a thing on it since new now has 67,000 on it just oil changes a shame that they got rid of pontiac. you cant go wrong"

Very nice car

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "easy drive, comfortable, decent price"

Cons: "none yet"

"My family purchased this car about a year ago at roughly 86000 miles. It has been extremely easy to maintain as we do most of the work on it (oil change, brakes, filters, and anything else we see may be easy to do) It is a car fairly easy on gas mileage. It has had many long trips as at least once a month taking a 300 mile drive. It does not feel like the older "squirrels running" 4-cylinders of the past. If you get in and just take a test drive you would probably not be able to tell its a 4 cylinder."

Nightmare

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive when everything functions correctly."

Cons: "See my review."

"Terrible car. I bought it brand new and lucky for me I bought the extended warranty. It really came in handy when it was time to replace the head gasket. Not to mention the time the brake lights stayed on all the time except when I actually put my foot on the brakes, then they went out. It was handy as well when it was time to replace the windshield wiper motor and the actuator that controls the vehicles ventilation (to recirculate or not to recirculate air). It was helpful when the cruise control died and also when I had to replace a couple of the wheel hub assemblies. I was also pretty jazzed that I had that warranty when the rear passengers door stopped locking and unlocking with the remote key fob and if you notice the actual lock mechanism on the back doors is WAY back on the door so you can't just pop it up manually from the front with a reach-around. These items were all covered under my extended warranty. Don't leave a dealership without one is my motto. Some items that were cleared up by the vehicles regular warranty was peeling paint on both bumpers, the hood and one of the rear panels and the hood latch that kept unlatching all the time. Some things that were not covered under either warranty were all the plug wires needing to be replaced well before most people replace them due to misfires caused by cracked wires and the transmission cooling lines. I was outside of my factory warranty when these items fell apart but my extended did not cover them. Both my factory warranty and the extended warranty covered the replacement of two radio/driver information centers. Things that have broken since the warranties have expired was the windshield wiper transmission which was a $400 repair and my car now thinks that one of it's doors is "ajar" all the time so the dome light will stay on all the time (I've had to shut it off completely), the doors no longer lock when I put the car in gear and I can't lock the car anymore with the key fob because that will arm the anti-theft system which can and most likely will go off while the car is parked because the car will assume someone is messing with the door due to the faulty door "ajar" business. This is by no means a complete list of all the issues I had/still have with this vehicle but it is some of the larger and some of the more annoying ones. I make my last payment on this car this month and I can not wait to be rid of it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G6 near Honolulu. See local deals