2010 Pontiac G6

7.7

Based on 1084 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Good looking, Good, not great car.

By on Friday, February 29, 2008

"I leased the Base V6 Model after test driving a 4 Cylinder Accord EX. The V6 gives you smoother, better power than an Accord 4-Cyl, and also as well or better equipment for the same price. In fact, with GM incentives, my lease payment was significantly lower than it would have been on the Accord. I bought this in 2005, when it was first introduced. The car has been reliable, but not without minor glitches. The dashboard creeks and cracks, and despite GM’s recommended fix, has never been resolved. The car would be relatively quiet, if not for annoying wind noise in the driver’s side window. That too, was never resolved, despite two trips to the dealer. The rear visibility leaves something to be desired, and the wide front pillars are a hazard when pulling out on a busy street. Nice amenities for a car at this price, especially the trip computer and remote ignition, but my jaw fell out when I took it home and learned it did not come with ABS! Be warned, this was not a standard safety feature in 2005. Perhaps it is now, I don’t know. What attracted me to the car was the smooth acceleration of the V6 engine and the sporty look and feel, compared to the somewhat drab-looking 2005 Accord. The handling, I feel, is underrated. It handles quite well, and gives you a very nice comfortable ride. I recommend this car only in the Base model – the extra money for the GT, brings it in the price range of other, more refined V6 cars like the Accord, Maxima or Camry. The Highway Gas mileage is among the best I’ve ever had in a V6. Depending on the levelness of the road, I’ve gotten anywhere between 30 and 34 MPG! Not nearly as impressive in the city (around 18 or 19MPG).. Interesting, how there is such a difference between City and HWY mileage. After 3.5 years, there has not been a mechanical problem, other than needing new front brakes. A good, but not great car. I put 85 Octane gas in it because I've noticed literally no improvements or benefits in paying more for 87 or 91. In fact, the fuel economy seems to do better with 85."

Excellent care!

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "great value for the price"

Cons: "gas mileage is in the low 20's, but it has power!"

"I have owned my G6 for 6 years and purchased it new. It is an excellent car. While gas mileage is low, the ride and the comfort more than make up for that."

the best used car I ever bought

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "sporty, fun and practical baby sports car"

Cons: "wish the drive shaft i.e. d, reverse part lit up"

"Bought this car in 2010 with 36,000 miles by far hands down its the best used car I've ever owned. My college student living in NC has racked up 141,000 and I've never had to do any more maintenance other than basic oil, tune ups etc. by far the best money could have bought, I wish they still made them I'd buy another one brand new. has speed, agility, horsepower and all the style of a sports car with the insurability rating of a family sedan. I love my G6."

Love it!

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

Pros: "good on gas"

"This car has been great and reliable for me. I've owned it for over a year now and have had no problems with it! I haven't had to put any money into it and its been great"

I Love this car so much i told my kids they should

By on Saturday, May 11, 2013

Pros: "fast great mileage and yes fun fun and looks hot"

Cons: "struts front went too fast and also stabilizer bar"

"I have had such a good time with this car and i get 34 mpg on the hwy. This is a fun car to drive a friend borrowed it to go 4000 miles and came back exclaiming it corners like it's on rails! Yay, i have a 144000 on it and have had the front struts replaced, tranny oil changed and have babied it with xtra oil changes about every 3000miles. The leather heated seats are amazing in the winter and are great with leather. I live in MT so the traction control has come in handy a few times. The cd player broke about 3 yrs in but the radio still works just great. This car does go thru tires every two years but i do buy the cheap ones so it could be that i also have gone thru two sets of brakes. Over all i would buy this car over and over again."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G6 near Honolulu. See local deals