By Nathan on Monday, June 29, 2015
I own this car - My approximate mileage is 68,000
overall rating 8 of 10rating details
- Overall Rating
Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable"
Cons: "back seat entry, small trunk"
Likely to recommend this car? (1-10): 9
"I have owned this car for 6 years, and have been very pleased so far. I am not very hard on it; I only put on about 11000 miles a year. I would like to keep it until it dies, but I may have to get rid of it soon as the backseat is not easily accessible, and I have a young one now.
Positives on the car:
1. I love the power this car has. I have never had any problems getting up to speed.
2. Highway gas mileage is decent. On long trips, if a moderate speed is maintained, I could regularly count on around 31 MPG. I know there are a lot higher ratings out there, but it seems pretty good for a 217 HP engine.
3. Comfort (in the front seats at least). I find the car to be pretty comfortable, even when driving long distances. The back seats aren't necessarily uncomfortable, but it is just a pain to get back there.
I only had a couple of issues with this car:
1. I had to replace one of the headlight assemblies. The headlight had a wiring issue, causing it to blow headlamps. I may have been able to re-wire, but I just replaced it.
2. The Driver information (tire pressure, trip miles, MPG) is contained in the radio head unit. In order to put in an aftermarket radio, an extra display would be needed. I would have like to put in a different radio, but I did not have any luck finding a decently priced solution for this that also looked good.
3. The window "indexing" is not ideal in cold climates. On the coupe model of this car, there is no door frame above the windows, so for it to make a seal, when you open the door, the window goes down slightly to clear the car frame. Here in Minnesota, cars get iced over pretty frequently during the winter. If the window is frozen and cannot be rolled down, opening the door has the potential to break the window. I never broke a window because of this, but I was always very careful.
4. Vision. It is difficult to see some areas around the car through the small rear windows.
Other than the headlight mentioned, new tires, oil changes, and one recall, I have not had to have the car serviced (which you shouldn't have to on a new car). I hope that this continues in the years to come."
out of 6 found this review helpful
Was this review helpful to you?