2009 Pontiac G6 (2009.5)

7.7

Based on 1074 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Good car

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Reason: Need truck

"love having this car. im in the military so i left the car sitting for along time (6 months at a time) and never had a problem with the G-6."

Great car for the money

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pros: "Nicely equipted and comfortable"

Cons: "Too much flex in the body causing minor rattles"

"I am the second owner of a 2007 G6 hardtop convertible. My car has the 3.9 V-6 which has lots of power and torque. The gas mileage was a pleasant surprise @ 18 around town and high 20's on the hwy. I love convertibles and elected to go with this hardtop model sacrificing room in the trunk however it's been very well worth it. The top works flawlessly however has some rattles and creeks during cold temperatures. (What convertible doesn't!?) I am a Pontiac Fan and sorry that they ended production in '09. This car has plenty of style, functionality, comfort and will last longer than most vehicles out there."

Awesome

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Great value, stylish, reliable"

Cons: "A little bumpy over potholes/railroad tracks"

"I have owned this car from 40k miles to now 110k miles. I have had 0 problems with it. It handles really well, and still offers good pickup with the V6 despite having over 100k on the odometer. It was affordable for me as a college kid, but still stylish enough to keep as a professional and not look poor (although I am poor...) or unprofessional. I have been late getting almost every oil change and I have driven it across the country 5 times. If I could get unlimited miles on this car, I would keep it forever."

This is one of my all-time favorite cars.

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "Good size, good milage, nice dash and extras"

Cons: "people hit their heads a lot when they get in"

"It gets good gas mileage, right up there with my Toyota Solara and 4-door Camry and is much more fun to drive. Pieces don't fall off it or break like they did with the Toyotas. It is quality built like the Hondas I used to own. It's great driving on the highway and such a smooth ride on any road. It's extremely quiet. It's a slightly larger car than I'm used to but it seems heavier and safer, which I like. All around, it's been a really great car, even though I've had it for six years and only have 21,000 miles on it. Because of illness, I don't drive it much, but when I do, I feel very safe it in. It's a very sleek attractive car, and when I'm out, I get a lot of compliments on it. It's held its value pretty well, as well as the Toyotas did."

Pretty good

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

"I bought mine used from someone who didn't take care of it OR pay for it as it sat on the repo lot for about 6 months so consider this on the review. If you like manual transmission cars, it won't be fun to drive. And it's not particularily fast, but it's a GREAT cruiser. MPG could be better as I'm about 23 mixed with 80% highway for the 3.5 engine. There have been some issues with quality, but again, not sure how much is it not being taken care of originally. One of the winglets on the top broke its cable so that was about $500 to fix. The Top would still work, but one of the fitment winglets didn't stow correctly. Recently have a plugged drain hole so the interior carpet got wet from the AC (but they attributed it to a clogged drain hole which likely was due to it sitting while repo'd) Insurance covered all but deductible but the overall bill was about $700. Would have been $1500-$2400 if the AC evaporator was bad. There are some creaks particularily when the seat rubs the center console while cornering or adjusting yourslf in the seat. Had a bad catalytic converted replaced under warranty ($850 repair otherwise) and had to have the exhaust resonator replaced TWICE - once under warranty ($850 again) and once on my own (had the resonator cute out and a straight pipe welded in)for $80. As with most GMs recently, several recalls but for little things like making sure wire harness is right, cables are tight, etc. All G6s have the clunk in the steering column - comes with the car. Had it fixed on my own - wasn't dangerous just annoying. The convertibles have a lot of exhaust issues and the dealership will typically replace the WHOLE thing not just pieces which is why the $850 costs. Headlights faded but that happens to all cars eventually in Florida - had them buffed out and look brand new now. Sterio has 8 speakers but they could be of better quality. Overall, more issues with this one than any other previously owned GM cars, but this is the first GM car I've bought that was used and I could tell by the wearing of the interior it wasn't taken care of so I would suspect other than the exhaust issues and various GM recalls, it would be a better car than I got had I purchased new. Best things to look for if buying used: exhaust whistling, CHECK THE TOP FOR SMOOTH MOVEMENT WHILE OPERATING, remember about the steering. Other that that, a great car - looks amazing for the price (get constant compliments) and an outstanding cruiser (which is what the GT is made for - it's not a street racer)."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G6 (2009.5) near Honolulu. See local deals