2009 Pontiac G6 (2009.5)

7.7

Based on 1082 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Good looking, Good, not great car.

By on Friday, February 29, 2008

"I leased the Base V6 Model after test driving a 4 Cylinder Accord EX. The V6 gives you smoother, better power than an Accord 4-Cyl, and also as well or better equipment for the same price. In fact, with GM incentives, my lease payment was significantly lower than it would have been on the Accord. I bought this in 2005, when it was first introduced. The car has been reliable, but not without minor glitches. The dashboard creeks and cracks, and despite GM’s recommended fix, has never been resolved. The car would be relatively quiet, if not for annoying wind noise in the driver’s side window. That too, was never resolved, despite two trips to the dealer. The rear visibility leaves something to be desired, and the wide front pillars are a hazard when pulling out on a busy street. Nice amenities for a car at this price, especially the trip computer and remote ignition, but my jaw fell out when I took it home and learned it did not come with ABS! Be warned, this was not a standard safety feature in 2005. Perhaps it is now, I don’t know. What attracted me to the car was the smooth acceleration of the V6 engine and the sporty look and feel, compared to the somewhat drab-looking 2005 Accord. The handling, I feel, is underrated. It handles quite well, and gives you a very nice comfortable ride. I recommend this car only in the Base model – the extra money for the GT, brings it in the price range of other, more refined V6 cars like the Accord, Maxima or Camry. The Highway Gas mileage is among the best I’ve ever had in a V6. Depending on the levelness of the road, I’ve gotten anywhere between 30 and 34 MPG! Not nearly as impressive in the city (around 18 or 19MPG).. Interesting, how there is such a difference between City and HWY mileage. After 3.5 years, there has not been a mechanical problem, other than needing new front brakes. A good, but not great car. I put 85 Octane gas in it because I've noticed literally no improvements or benefits in paying more for 87 or 91. In fact, the fuel economy seems to do better with 85."

Excellent care!

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "great value for the price"

Cons: "gas mileage is in the low 20's, but it has power!"

"I have owned my G6 for 6 years and purchased it new. It is an excellent car. While gas mileage is low, the ride and the comfort more than make up for that."

Love my g6!

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "Runs great, fun to drive,"

"I purchased my 2005 g6 v6 sedan december of last year. I love it. I am currently in college and I commute 50 miles each way, I get about 24 to 27mpg. Which I think is pretty good for a v6. The only problems I am currently having is my wheel bearing is needing replaced on my front drivers side and my heat shield rattles. I do drive this car pretty hard and it withstands my abuse to it. I think it runs great for a v6, its nothing like a v8 but it does good! I love the looks of the car inside (red gauges) and out. This car is great for me because I'm about 5 2' so it has plenty enough room. While my 6 0' tall fiance doesn't fit in it as well and complains the drivers seat doesn't have enough room. Otherwise I give this car 2 thumbs up!"

Love it!

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

Pros: "good on gas"

"This car has been great and reliable for me. I've owned it for over a year now and have had no problems with it! I haven't had to put any money into it and its been great"

the best used car I ever bought

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "sporty, fun and practical baby sports car"

Cons: "wish the drive shaft i.e. d, reverse part lit up"

"Bought this car in 2010 with 36,000 miles by far hands down its the best used car I've ever owned. My college student living in NC has racked up 141,000 and I've never had to do any more maintenance other than basic oil, tune ups etc. by far the best money could have bought, I wish they still made them I'd buy another one brand new. has speed, agility, horsepower and all the style of a sports car with the insurability rating of a family sedan. I love my G6."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G6 (2009.5) near Honolulu. See local deals