2008 Pontiac G5

8.2

Based on 172 Ratings for the 2007 - 2009 models.

Love the mileage

By on Sunday, May 24, 2009

"I down sized from an SUV. I Love the comfort and the great gas mileage. It is much more comfortable than the Thunderbird I ownd in the '90s. The styling and amenities are great. I get better gas mileage, comfort and dependability from my G5 than my husband gets from his Civic. When together we use my car more often."

Very nice vehicle

By on Thursday, January 3, 2008

"I am very pleased with this car. I would say that the problems I've read about here are real. Small trunk opening and bad blind spots. However the snow driving I can not agree with, with the opitional traction control system, this car is very drivable in the snow. Over all a great little car!"

07 G5

By on Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"I Love this car, from the moment we walked into the dealership I knew it was mine. I bought my G5 new in June of 07, so I have had it now for a month shy of 2 years. I still love this car like the day it came off the showroom floor. The only problem I have had is I keep blowing tail light bulbs. The dealer has replaced them twice. Its great on gas, and roomy. We have 2 preteens and my husband and I with the kids fit comfortable. The only complaint's I have are the size of the trunk opening, and the limited sight because of the spoiler.(You get used to it and adjust.) All in all I will drive this car till the wheels fall off or give it to one of the kids. GREAT car!!!"

BEST VEHICLE EVER!!

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "Great value, fun to drive, sporty, good first car"

Cons: "NONE"

"Love this car!!! So much better than the Cobalt! It speeds up well and looks sporty. Very dependable car. Good fuel mileage."

good little daily and long haul driver

By on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pros: "Good price, sporty, good acceleration, Reliable"

Cons: "Poor clearcoat above windows on doors"

"A resonably priced vehicle and has been extremely reliable to me. i have driven it across the west coast twice now had no problems with it ever. Its a GM product if you take care of it it will take care of you!!! with a few mods here and there it can be turned into a more sportier and way more reliable car then the 2.4 lt GT edition! The only thing i can say is that it was a poor clear coat of paint on the upper portion of the doors. i has peeled and faded off of mine and i have seen it happen to quite a few others. This is a great first car to buy for a student. Or a great car to have your first loan out on. Or just a great commuter!"

Great Short Commute Car

By on Saturday, April 2, 2011

"Pros: A great short commuter car. Good gas mileage (I average 28mpg) and it handles well. The interior cabin has little road noise and the ac/heat unit works great. Have had no problems with the stereo and love the mp3 player jack. The cruise control which is great for highway trips. Good pick-up for the engine type and it rides well on the highway. Cons: There were 2 recalls(one for the power steering and one for the fuel system). Mine also has an issue with the front suspension/brakes causing intermittent unnerving rattling which has been unrepairable. It gets fixed and then starts up again. The backseat is almost unusable due to the lack of leg room. If you're tall, you have to lean the seat back all the way to be able to see out the front window completely without the rear-view mirror getting in the way which is uncomfortable because the driver seat offers no lumbar support . The trunk is huge but it's difficult to use because of the small opening. If you're driving short distances it's a great car but if you have over a 30 minute commute, you may want to look at another vehicle."

not very hardy

By on Monday, March 2, 2009

"We have replaced heater fan twice. A pot hole destroyed a tire, alloy rim, rearaxle, and front strut. Alignment is diffiuclt to maintain. I have had 15 cars and never had issues like this...it just doens't hold up...I hate taking it in to dealer..i am either being ripped off of the car design is weak. Good on gas mileage, performance, styling...value just hasn't been there (lost 1/2 value in 20 months with average mileage)"

The new G-5 was a great deal !!

By on Sunday, April 13, 2008

"I bought the base G5 with 4 sp Auto, Cruise, Anti-Lock Brakes, Sun roof, 16" aluminum wheels, 7 speaker sound, Leather wrapped steering & shift knob, body side moldings, A/C, PS & PB, Rear Spoiler are standard, for $12500 incl Doc fee. It is brand new but 2007 model. I could not find any 2008 even close to this price, domestic or import, with similar performance. The test drive showed the car feels solid, has good zip from standing start but peters out a bit over 40 mph. But remember it is a 4 banger and rated at 33 mpg hi-way. I will write a detailed review after 3, 6 & 12 months."

Nice Car!

By on Sunday, March 16, 2008

"The G5 is a cute little sporty looking 2 door car. The car has the ability to really pick up and go when you need it and has really good brakes. The gas mileage is about average for a small car. The seating is nice for 2 people. There is really no room for passengers in the back seat. I have taken my G5 camping but loading and unloading my equipment and gear was a real pain. It all fits but it's awkward and very inconvenient. The car has a lot of space to pack stuff in the back seats and the trunk. However, long or bulky items may not go in the car because the trunk opening is very small and the front seats only slide forward so much, leaving a limited amount of space to put things in the back seats. This is definitely not a family car. It's a nice car for a single person or a couple with no children. I get a lot of complements on my car. My car is a happy yellow color. Oh and the AC will about freeze you out of the car. The heater will cook you if you're not careful. The defroster works quickly-especially on the back window."

stability is the best review

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "very consistent with gas consumption rate"

Cons: "seats are getting that "worn out feeling"."

"have had no major repairs, or costs/breakdowns as yet. very stable, and consistently cost efficient. finally had my first headlight go out. but the repair was very straight forward-and easy for the owner to take care of. wish Pontiac was still in business!"

Awesome Sporty Quick Llittle Car

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Drives, mileage, comfort, reliable, sporty"

Cons: "Cramped interior, A/C doesn't blow hard"

"I've had my G5 a year and a half now and I've had no problems with hit. For a small engine it has good acceleration. Fuel economy is between 32-40mpg highway. The car gets better mileage at higher speeds than it does in city. Drives great, takes corners good, great for road trips. Have taken it cross country from Utah to Michigan and back and it did great!! Interior is that of a sports car-- meaning it doesn't have alot of room inside. The backseat really serves no purpose :-) Trunk has TONS of space! Decent Pioneer stereo system. I tinted the windows and put black rims on it and it looks amazing! Handles winter driving better than expected."

Great car to start out with, never many problems.

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great on gas, good price."

Cons: "Mine had no cruise which was odd."

"This is a great car that I would recommend to anyone to start out with or for just an affordable little car to cruise around in. Other than standard repairs and the rare big deal it's been very easy to deal with and is comfortable to drive. It has a nice sporty feel when your driving despite only being a 2.2 4-cylinder. Overall I'd have to say I've been a very satisfied G5 owner."

Dissapointing

By on Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pros: "Economicish."

Cons: "Agility, fit and finish and overall value."

"Relatively economical car however low quality and performance. Engine is sluggish and the automatic transmission is clunky. Handling is sloppy for a car of that size but controllable. The 2.2L 4cyl is relatively efficient however the gas gauge is inaccurate. There is 1/8th of a tank above the full line, goes about 35mi, and the last 1/8 drops in roughly 22 miles. I'm averaging 29mpg highway but the lack of cruise control makes for painstaking long trips. Its convenient for my wife and she enjoys it for her around town trips. I would only recommend this for a high school/college age girl who needs a relatively reliable car. I would consider an older Civic or Corolla."

True love!

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "reliability, full economy, low maintenance"

Cons: "small, minor interior issues"

"This was the first car I bought on my own, my first true "grown up" purchase. And I couldn't be more pleased. I have a long commute - I spend roughly 4 hours each day on major highways (and in major traffic) in New England. My G5 has always gotten me to and from work, and elsewhere, safely. Over the past 3 years (I bought it used in late 2009 w/ about 7k miles on it), this car has been reliable and relatively low-maintenance. I did have one random issue at around 60k... had to have the ignition column replaced, and none of the mechanics could explain how or why it happened. Nonetheless... considering how quickly I've put miles on this car, it's held up very well. Great handling. Has performed well in winter weather conditions. Comfortable interior. Happy with the fuel economy. On the flip side - I've had a few minor issues with the interior electrical system. My power locks died @ about 90k, and the stereo system started to act glitchy around the same time (i.e. the rear speakers will occasionallly short out, and then kick back in a few days later). I would definitely recommend the G5 as an awesome "starter car" - great first purchase for a young buyer. Not super convenient for hauling around more than two or three adult passengers... can't speak to traveling with children, but I can't imagine the back row is very conducive to kids / carseats. It will be interesting to see how my girl holds up from here on out - hoping to hit 200k, we'll see :)"

Great reliable car, but kind of cramped.

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Quick acceleration from a stop and at hwy speeds"

Cons: "small quarters"

"Is a great compact sports car. Quick acceleration and driving ability for the price. Very reliable for starting in cold weather and handles well in any precipitation. But can be cramped with more than two people in the car."

great little car

By on Friday, April 29, 2011

"Great little car REal quick and 34 mpg highway"

By on Friday, April 15, 2011

"I have owned my Pont G5 for about 3 years now. I love the car but here in Minnesota, I wouldn't recommend driving on ice or snow. The vehicles light weight and small tires are not fit for winter driving. I plan on getting rid of it this year before the snow comes again. If you don't have snowy roads or ice - its a great little car."

So/So

By on Thursday, August 5, 2010

"I've gotten this car in 07 when they 1st came out with the G5, I had alot of problems with it already with the gas tank, and engine light being on alot. and sometimes the remote start dont work. Its really noisy and you feel every bump in the road."

Great on gas & looks great!

By on Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"I get so many compliments on my G5..everyone wants to know what it is..I have the first year of the G5, the 2007 in yellow with a black interior. The car has never given me a bit of trouble in all that time. We have had two very minor problems that were fixed under warranty-the little door on the mirror on the drivers side visor broke and the area around the power window/door lock controls on the drivers side arm rest got scratched. Both were replaced quickly and without complaint by the dealer. I would highly recommend as a two-person car. You can use this car with a car seat but it is cumbersome. The back seat and the trunk are both much larger than they look but the trunk opening is rather narrow. I carry bigger items in the back seat."

it's only OK

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"I bought my g5 a little over a year ago. I have had problems with the car hesitating when i am merging onto the interstate or speeding up while coming out of a school zone. The dealership has given me 3 different excuses, none of which have fixed the problem... The value dropped by half WAY to fast. It is a cute little car... Great starter car for a college student or something. NOT a family car. Great gas mileage. I love the controls on the stering wheel. Interior does stain super easy, i spilled a bottle of water and it left a ring on the seat."

2007 G5 GT

By on Saturday, April 18, 2009

"Bought this car during high gas prices, traded in my Hemi Ram. I have had a few problems with this car. My sunroof would not seal right. I also still have rattles in the trunk area. I also think the turning radius is horrid. It is very hard to make a u-turn within two lanes. Trunk opening is way too small. I'm going to back to the SUV/ Truck market soon. Needs more power."

By on Monday, February 23, 2009

"Apart from a poor turning radius and kinda a cheap paint job. I Love my G5. Has all the bells and whistles (do not look forward to getting the tires replaced. $$$$) I have rented a Chev Cobalt and you know what, same car but NOT the same at all! Check the sticker price. To get a 100% maxed out (less supercharger) Chevy, Big more dollars. My wife and her girl friend drove route 66 from Chicago to LA. 7 weeks later, She was the owner of a G5. also. Do the math. Good car."

Cute & Sexy

By on Thursday, February 7, 2008

"I love my '07 G5. It's my first brand new car and I got it at a great price! I have the sun and sound package, automatic trans, remote start, and xm radio. There are a couple things that aren't perfect, but for my life style, they aren't a big deal. For one, the trunk opening is small, but the trunk is much larger then you think it would be! Plus, the back seats don't fold down all the way. I'm 5'10 so the only prob. I have with room is when there is another tall person sitting beside me. I don't think there is any less back seat space then any other 2 door car. My G5 does great on gas milage on the intersate. Visiting family is a 300 mile drive for me and I did it with 10 gls of gas. Way better then my Truck ever did! Over all, I love this car and my boyfriend keeps try'n to still it from me!"

Great Value

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"With all the talk of how great foreign cars are, its nice to see that Pontiac is a front runner in quality and styling. Great value for the car. Styling is great. This is one of the nicest cars I've owned. The only disappointing thing is the deference between the sticker MPG(32,26) and the actual MPG I am seeing(28,23)."

affordable sports car

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"every day i enjoy driving more and more. i have been very impressed with the power and handling of my gt, as well as the fuel economy.my previous vehicles have all been powerful V8's so i was leary of a 4 cyl car. but it has more than enough power to get up and go. as for winter driving,the stock tires get very poor traction( as do most factory tires)since switching to hakkepelita snow tires i have no problem in the snow and ice,which we get a lot of in vermont. my only dislike is the seat construction. the adjustable lumbar suport doesn't quite fit me the way i would like."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G5 near Honolulu. See local deals