2008 Pontiac G5

8.2

Based on 170 Ratings for the 2007 - 2009 models.

07 G5

By on Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"I Love this car, from the moment we walked into the dealership I knew it was mine. I bought my G5 new in June of 07, so I have had it now for a month shy of 2 years. I still love this car like the day it came off the showroom floor. The only problem I have had is I keep blowing tail light bulbs. The dealer has replaced them twice. Its great on gas, and roomy. We have 2 preteens and my husband and I with the kids fit comfortable. The only complaint's I have are the size of the trunk opening, and the limited sight because of the spoiler.(You get used to it and adjust.) All in all I will drive this car till the wheels fall off or give it to one of the kids. GREAT car!!!"

not very hardy

By on Monday, March 02, 2009

"We have replaced heater fan twice. A pot hole destroyed a tire, alloy rim, rearaxle, and front strut. Alignment is diffiuclt to maintain. I have had 15 cars and never had issues like this...it just doens't hold up...I hate taking it in to dealer..i am either being ripped off of the car design is weak. Good on gas mileage, performance, styling...value just hasn't been there (lost 1/2 value in 20 months with average mileage)"

The new G-5 was a great deal !!

By on Sunday, April 13, 2008

"I bought the base G5 with 4 sp Auto, Cruise, Anti-Lock Brakes, Sun roof, 16" aluminum wheels, 7 speaker sound, Leather wrapped steering & shift knob, body side moldings, A/C, PS & PB, Rear Spoiler are standard, for $12500 incl Doc fee. It is brand new but 2007 model. I could not find any 2008 even close to this price, domestic or import, with similar performance. The test drive showed the car feels solid, has good zip from standing start but peters out a bit over 40 mph. But remember it is a 4 banger and rated at 33 mpg hi-way. I will write a detailed review after 3, 6 & 12 months."

Nice Car!

By on Sunday, March 16, 2008

"The G5 is a cute little sporty looking 2 door car. The car has the ability to really pick up and go when you need it and has really good brakes. The gas mileage is about average for a small car. The seating is nice for 2 people. There is really no room for passengers in the back seat. I have taken my G5 camping but loading and unloading my equipment and gear was a real pain. It all fits but it's awkward and very inconvenient. The car has a lot of space to pack stuff in the back seats and the trunk. However, long or bulky items may not go in the car because the trunk opening is very small and the front seats only slide forward so much, leaving a limited amount of space to put things in the back seats. This is definitely not a family car. It's a nice car for a single person or a couple with no children. I get a lot of complements on my car. My car is a happy yellow color. Oh and the AC will about freeze you out of the car. The heater will cook you if you're not careful. The defroster works quickly-especially on the back window."

stability is the best review

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "very consistent with gas consumption rate"

Cons: "seats are getting that "worn out feeling"."

"have had no major repairs, or costs/breakdowns as yet. very stable, and consistently cost efficient. finally had my first headlight go out. but the repair was very straight forward-and easy for the owner to take care of. wish Pontiac was still in business!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G5 near Honolulu. See local deals