2008 Pontiac G5

8.1

Based on 166 Ratings for the 2007 - 2009 models.

best vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

"My car is a hard top convertible"

Peppy little car with a sporty feel.

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Sporty feel, great gas mileage"

Cons: "passing vision"

"We bought this knew for my wife and other than the recalls and regular service, it has not given us any trouble. It drives very tight and sporty with a little better comfort than most economy cars have. We like its appearance, performance and reliability even if it is a little plain. Would rather have it than any of the imports that are in its class that cost more. Personally, I think it is under rated because it is not an import. Gauges are nice and simple although 160 MPH is a little unrealistic, stereo read out is easy and large enough to see. Only complaint would be the lack of clear vision through the back windows whenever I go to pass and change lanes, but that is true to most two doors. we got the manual transmission version and added cruise and 16" allow wheels. Really sporty look and feel from that. Tires and oil changes are all we have had to do in 60,000 miles and 7 years. The sticker was 16 grand new and worth it, but we paid a little less. Books for about half that retail now. not too bad an investment for an economy car that gets an average of 30 MPG. Will tow my Harley Softail on a small trailer and get low 20s and cruise at 70 and get as high as 40MPG. love the standard tranny."

My first car...

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Great price, drives well"

Cons: "little leg room, not good for tall people."

"Is very reliable, I've driven this car to and from DC and to and from SC several times and the only issue it ever had was when the ignition locked up in "on" position but the local dealer fixed it up at no cost to me because it was covered under warranty/recall. I would not recommend it for tall people though; I am 5'3" and I love it, it's the perfect size. My now husband though is 6'1" and he hates the size, says it's too short and too cramped."

Comfortable, reliable, economic, 30mpg average

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "quick, responsive, affordable sporty, economy"

Cons: "Reputation - perspective, not realistic."

"We are the original owners with 60,000 miles. I am a retired and Certified auto tech in 5 of 8 auto fields with current certifications. I know cars. Pros - So far, no problems. Oil changes and tires are all it's required other than a little gas. $15,000 and change new, seven years, and it is worth about half that now. 1 recall without the symptoms (leaky fuel injector), but GM changed it out with a fast friendly attitude just in case. Sporty little car. I have the 5 spd manual by choice. Peppy for 140 horses and fun to drive. Insurance has been very reasonable for fill coverage. It even still has the original battery! Stereo is wimpy but ok unless you are an enthusiast. Spoiler is positioned perfectly to block the headlights of those idiots out there who get way to close to your bumper - yes, you know the ones I mean! I had an aftermarket orange moving and towing company put a hitch on it to tow my 500lb trailer and my 800 lb Harley. No problems even in the mountains of TN. It does lower the MPG down to low to mid 20's but that is normal in any towing situation. The owners manual says it is ok up to 1500lbs. my experience confirms that. Cons - back side windows offer little vision for lane change, as is true for most coupes. Headlight covers are yellowing a little early from oxidation - could be the Florida sun, not sure. A $20 kit and some elbow grease will fix that. Personal opinion - American cars get a bad Rep. Too many people think that foreign cars are better. How many recalls did "Toyo" cars have lately? Uh-huh! I rest my case on that. Perception! I have had 5 brand new GM vehicles since mid 90s and all of them went over 100,000 miles without stranding me at the dealership before i decided to buy a new car (I like new cars). I have had two foreign new cars. Currently the wife drives a 2011, $30,000 Rogue with two recalls in less than 23,000 miles. We are lucky to get mid 20's mpg and its already lost over 30% of its value! Nice ride, but that value of paying so much for it doesn't stack up for me. I root for the home team even when they they don't bring home the championship title. cars should be the same way. Why send the majority of profits to Japan owners instead of our own troubled economy. We make a decent car too."

stability is the best review

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "very consistent with gas consumption rate"

Cons: "seats are getting that "worn out feeling"."

"have had no major repairs, or costs/breakdowns as yet. very stable, and consistently cost efficient. finally had my first headlight go out. but the repair was very straight forward-and easy for the owner to take care of. wish Pontiac was still in business!"

Love my G5.

By on Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pros: "Great Price, Fun to Drive, Reliable, Gas Mileage"

Cons: "No Cruise Control although it's fully stocked"

"I've had my G5 for three and a half years now. It's been driven quite a lot, and been taken on many long distance trips. It's been serviced regularly, and it has never once broken down or proven to be unreliable. I'm about ready to buy a new car, and no matter how much nicer, this car will always have a place in my heart."

Great car for the price

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

"This has been a very dependable car. Good mpg and to cast to maintain. Sad to see the Pontiac band discontinued."

BEST VEHICLE EVER!!

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "Great value, fun to drive, sporty, good first car"

Cons: "NONE"

"Love this car!!! So much better than the Cobalt! It speeds up well and looks sporty. Very dependable car. Good fuel mileage."

PERFECT first car!

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, perfect first car, pretty"

Cons: "Small back seat- not ideal for families"

"I got this car when I was 16 and had only been driving for 6 months. I could not have asked for a better first car! It lasted through my last two years of high school and 5 years of college. The back seat is small but 2 people have fit back there (although college students will put up with a lot to split gas prices). The trunk opening is small, but I have fit pretty much everything I own in that car going home on summer breaks and such. The rear folding seats help a lot in that situation! The gas mileage is fantastic and it whips around town and can get into some tiny parking spots. Downside is that it did not come with cruise control but I just put an after-market one in and it worked like a dream! Also, it is a sporty looking car. A good wash and some polish makes it look more expensive than it actually was! Now I am moving to Mexico and it will not survive on the bad roads there. I am sad to part with it but I know it is making the new owner very happy!"

Awesome Sporty Quick Llittle Car

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Drives, mileage, comfort, reliable, sporty"

Cons: "Cramped interior, A/C doesn't blow hard"

"I've had my G5 a year and a half now and I've had no problems with hit. For a small engine it has good acceleration. Fuel economy is between 32-40mpg highway. The car gets better mileage at higher speeds than it does in city. Drives great, takes corners good, great for road trips. Have taken it cross country from Utah to Michigan and back and it did great!! Interior is that of a sports car-- meaning it doesn't have alot of room inside. The backseat really serves no purpose :-) Trunk has TONS of space! Decent Pioneer stereo system. I tinted the windows and put black rims on it and it looks amazing! Handles winter driving better than expected."

Great car to start out with, never many problems.

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great on gas, good price."

Cons: "Mine had no cruise which was odd."

"This is a great car that I would recommend to anyone to start out with or for just an affordable little car to cruise around in. Other than standard repairs and the rare big deal it's been very easy to deal with and is comfortable to drive. It has a nice sporty feel when your driving despite only being a 2.2 4-cylinder. Overall I'd have to say I've been a very satisfied G5 owner."

stable, and consistent. low cost.

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

"work car-just what's needed are oil changes-have yet to replace brake pads. worried about cost of fuel."

Great travel car...

By on Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pros: "On-Star, great mpg, appearance, handling and XM"

Cons: "Small back seat area, will hold 1 adult+2children"

"Average 34 mpg on the road and 29 mpg local driving. This driver very happy with this and its overall performance. Ride is smooth and quite, On-Star is a must, with the capabilities of obtaining assistance, point to point directions verbally and on screen. A monthly report on all systems from lights, tire pressures ea. tire, oil percentage of use and needed servicing reminders. Sound system is a 5 CD multiple MP3 and Sirius/XM radio. Trunk is surprising spacious with netting. Display is choice of current mpg, outside temp F or C indicating possible icy conditions, low Fuel/estimated miles left with tank supply, miles traveled, 2 trip readings, oil change needs as a percentage, Lt/Rt tire pressures, low indication and Cell phone inclusion by buying minutes and voice activation. Steering wheel has controls for volume/channel plus Sirius/XM as well. Achieves Highway speed rapidly and passing is a boost with quick acceleration response. Lighting inside and out is more than adequate with Fog lights a part of the system. Exterior paint is actually one of the pearl types with blue and red colors under different views and lighting."

Dissapointing

By on Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pros: "Economicish."

Cons: "Agility, fit and finish and overall value."

"Relatively economical car however low quality and performance. Engine is sluggish and the automatic transmission is clunky. Handling is sloppy for a car of that size but controllable. The 2.2L 4cyl is relatively efficient however the gas gauge is inaccurate. There is 1/8th of a tank above the full line, goes about 35mi, and the last 1/8 drops in roughly 22 miles. I'm averaging 29mpg highway but the lack of cruise control makes for painstaking long trips. Its convenient for my wife and she enjoys it for her around town trips. I would only recommend this for a high school/college age girl who needs a relatively reliable car. I would consider an older Civic or Corolla."

good little daily and long haul driver

By on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pros: "Good price, sporty, good acceleration, Reliable"

Cons: "Poor clearcoat above windows on doors"

"A resonably priced vehicle and has been extremely reliable to me. i have driven it across the west coast twice now had no problems with it ever. Its a GM product if you take care of it it will take care of you!!! with a few mods here and there it can be turned into a more sportier and way more reliable car then the 2.4 lt GT edition! The only thing i can say is that it was a poor clear coat of paint on the upper portion of the doors. i has peeled and faded off of mine and i have seen it happen to quite a few others. This is a great first car to buy for a student. Or a great car to have your first loan out on. Or just a great commuter!"

I bought this car for 15K and I absolutely love it

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "Good price and a great ride"

Cons: "If I could change one thing it'd be the interior"

"I have never had any problems and the car is up to 50K miles. This car has been very reliable. Driving the car is a lot of fun because it's very light and pretty quick for a 2.2L i4. I never get left behind in traffic, this cars got a lot of get up and go for it's little engine. I really like the exterior of the car, the interior not so much but you get what you pay for I guess. The stereo in this car is absolutely thrilling, it came with a sub woofer in the back and it works great. The quality of the interior is not so great, a lot of plastic but it's not as bad as you think. Riding in the car is very comfortable and it is also very good on gas."

Vary good car but..

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "good price"

Cons: "small car for people my size"

"I have a 2009 G5 and I love it. the down falls for me is im 6 foot and the car isnt really ment for some one of my size i do fit and i do have confort but there cant be anyone behind me. there was never a day where the car didnt want to start altho there was a day it didnt want to turn off but that was due to a problem that was cought a fixed"

My First Car

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "Really fun to drive, good price, comfortable"

Cons: "Reoccuring shake, brakes not lasting"

"This car has been with me since I was 15. I was fortunate enough to have a new car as my first car and it has been absolutely wonderful. I was a bit rough on it for a few years and it's had to have brakes replaced and some other repairs done but otherwise it has been wonderful. It's going to be sad to see it go, but I know my new car is going to be just as wonderful as the good old G5 was to me. At least I hope so!"

fun little ride

By on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive with lots of pep"

Cons: "don't try to put big ppl in the back seat."

"My wife and I love our silver g5 GT. It is a very reliable and fun to drive. We are nearing retirement and will keep this car forever. Too bad that GM killed the Pontiac brand but they are doing a great job with Buick. Love the Verano."

True love!

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "reliability, full economy, low maintenance"

Cons: "small, minor interior issues"

"This was the first car I bought on my own, my first true "grown up" purchase. And I couldn't be more pleased. I have a long commute - I spend roughly 4 hours each day on major highways (and in major traffic) in New England. My G5 has always gotten me to and from work, and elsewhere, safely. Over the past 3 years (I bought it used in late 2009 w/ about 7k miles on it), this car has been reliable and relatively low-maintenance. I did have one random issue at around 60k... had to have the ignition column replaced, and none of the mechanics could explain how or why it happened. Nonetheless... considering how quickly I've put miles on this car, it's held up very well. Great handling. Has performed well in winter weather conditions. Comfortable interior. Happy with the fuel economy. On the flip side - I've had a few minor issues with the interior electrical system. My power locks died @ about 90k, and the stereo system started to act glitchy around the same time (i.e. the rear speakers will occasionallly short out, and then kick back in a few days later). I would definitely recommend the G5 as an awesome "starter car" - great first purchase for a young buyer. Not super convenient for hauling around more than two or three adult passengers... can't speak to traveling with children, but I can't imagine the back row is very conducive to kids / carseats. It will be interesting to see how my girl holds up from here on out - hoping to hit 200k, we'll see :)"

Cute, Economical, Fun!

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"I bought this car my Senior year in high school, I've had it for 3 years and I've loved it. It's great on gas and it's so much fun to drive! The only thing is, when you have more than 3 people it gets tricky to haul people. It's not comfortable with 3 let alone 4. The options on mine are awesome, I love my sunroof, stereo, color (yellow), just EVERYTHING!"

Best Car I've owned

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "Very sporty with good gas milage"

Cons: "kind of noisey inside"

"Just great all around car."

overall great fuel efficient car

By on Monday, March 12, 2012

Pros: "small, v4,"

Cons: "a bit cheap"

"its a simple sporty car. convenient for me because its a v4 so i don't waist much gas 2door is great for me since I don't have any children."

Good price, dependable vehicle, not fancy

By on Sunday, February 05, 2012

"I like this car alot. It gets me everywhere I have to go with very little issues. My biggest problem is the paint chips alot especially on the hood. Otherwise, its an affordable care that has no frills but gets you where you have to go everytime."

Amazing Car

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Love this car. If you want a good gas mileage car with some power, pick this car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G5 near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for