2008 Pontiac G5

8.1

Based on 167 Ratings for the 2007 - 2009 models.

Great little car

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun, sporty, comfortable and affordable to drive"

Cons: "No cruise control and extremely small rear window"

"I have had it for almost 4 years. One accident where I had not seen the car out the back window. Very small window. The vehicle was purchased because I weighed close to 300 lbs and needed a car which I could ride comfortably for long distances. I traded comfort for cruise control. The two negatives = small rear window and no cruise control. I have been very happy with this choice. I now have my first major repair at 129,000 miles. The timing chain has to be replaced. Until this last month I was getting 32 and 33 miles per gallon. Again - great car."

best vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

"My car is a hard top convertible"

Peppy little car with a sporty feel.

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Sporty feel, great gas mileage"

Cons: "passing vision"

"We bought this knew for my wife and other than the recalls and regular service, it has not given us any trouble. It drives very tight and sporty with a little better comfort than most economy cars have. We like its appearance, performance and reliability even if it is a little plain. Would rather have it than any of the imports that are in its class that cost more. Personally, I think it is under rated because it is not an import. Gauges are nice and simple although 160 MPH is a little unrealistic, stereo read out is easy and large enough to see. Only complaint would be the lack of clear vision through the back windows whenever I go to pass and change lanes, but that is true to most two doors. we got the manual transmission version and added cruise and 16" allow wheels. Really sporty look and feel from that. Tires and oil changes are all we have had to do in 60,000 miles and 7 years. The sticker was 16 grand new and worth it, but we paid a little less. Books for about half that retail now. not too bad an investment for an economy car that gets an average of 30 MPG. Will tow my Harley Softail on a small trailer and get low 20s and cruise at 70 and get as high as 40MPG. love the standard tranny."

My first car...

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Great price, drives well"

Cons: "little leg room, not good for tall people."

"Is very reliable, I've driven this car to and from DC and to and from SC several times and the only issue it ever had was when the ignition locked up in "on" position but the local dealer fixed it up at no cost to me because it was covered under warranty/recall. I would not recommend it for tall people though; I am 5'3" and I love it, it's the perfect size. My now husband though is 6'1" and he hates the size, says it's too short and too cramped."

Comfortable, reliable, economic, 30mpg average

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "quick, responsive, affordable sporty, economy"

Cons: "Reputation - perspective, not realistic."

"We are the original owners with 60,000 miles. I am a retired and Certified auto tech in 5 of 8 auto fields with current certifications. I know cars. Pros - So far, no problems. Oil changes and tires are all it's required other than a little gas. $15,000 and change new, seven years, and it is worth about half that now. 1 recall without the symptoms (leaky fuel injector), but GM changed it out with a fast friendly attitude just in case. Sporty little car. I have the 5 spd manual by choice. Peppy for 140 horses and fun to drive. Insurance has been very reasonable for fill coverage. It even still has the original battery! Stereo is wimpy but ok unless you are an enthusiast. Spoiler is positioned perfectly to block the headlights of those idiots out there who get way to close to your bumper - yes, you know the ones I mean! I had an aftermarket orange moving and towing company put a hitch on it to tow my 500lb trailer and my 800 lb Harley. No problems even in the mountains of TN. It does lower the MPG down to low to mid 20's but that is normal in any towing situation. The owners manual says it is ok up to 1500lbs. my experience confirms that. Cons - back side windows offer little vision for lane change, as is true for most coupes. Headlight covers are yellowing a little early from oxidation - could be the Florida sun, not sure. A $20 kit and some elbow grease will fix that. Personal opinion - American cars get a bad Rep. Too many people think that foreign cars are better. How many recalls did "Toyo" cars have lately? Uh-huh! I rest my case on that. Perception! I have had 5 brand new GM vehicles since mid 90s and all of them went over 100,000 miles without stranding me at the dealership before i decided to buy a new car (I like new cars). I have had two foreign new cars. Currently the wife drives a 2011, $30,000 Rogue with two recalls in less than 23,000 miles. We are lucky to get mid 20's mpg and its already lost over 30% of its value! Nice ride, but that value of paying so much for it doesn't stack up for me. I root for the home team even when they they don't bring home the championship title. cars should be the same way. Why send the majority of profits to Japan owners instead of our own troubled economy. We make a decent car too."

stability is the best review

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "very consistent with gas consumption rate"

Cons: "seats are getting that "worn out feeling"."

"have had no major repairs, or costs/breakdowns as yet. very stable, and consistently cost efficient. finally had my first headlight go out. but the repair was very straight forward-and easy for the owner to take care of. wish Pontiac was still in business!"

Love my G5.

By on Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pros: "Great Price, Fun to Drive, Reliable, Gas Mileage"

Cons: "No Cruise Control although it's fully stocked"

"I've had my G5 for three and a half years now. It's been driven quite a lot, and been taken on many long distance trips. It's been serviced regularly, and it has never once broken down or proven to be unreliable. I'm about ready to buy a new car, and no matter how much nicer, this car will always have a place in my heart."

Great car for the price

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

"This has been a very dependable car. Good mpg and to cast to maintain. Sad to see the Pontiac band discontinued."

BEST VEHICLE EVER!!

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "Great value, fun to drive, sporty, good first car"

Cons: "NONE"

"Love this car!!! So much better than the Cobalt! It speeds up well and looks sporty. Very dependable car. Good fuel mileage."

PERFECT first car!

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, perfect first car, pretty"

Cons: "Small back seat- not ideal for families"

"I got this car when I was 16 and had only been driving for 6 months. I could not have asked for a better first car! It lasted through my last two years of high school and 5 years of college. The back seat is small but 2 people have fit back there (although college students will put up with a lot to split gas prices). The trunk opening is small, but I have fit pretty much everything I own in that car going home on summer breaks and such. The rear folding seats help a lot in that situation! The gas mileage is fantastic and it whips around town and can get into some tiny parking spots. Downside is that it did not come with cruise control but I just put an after-market one in and it worked like a dream! Also, it is a sporty looking car. A good wash and some polish makes it look more expensive than it actually was! Now I am moving to Mexico and it will not survive on the bad roads there. I am sad to part with it but I know it is making the new owner very happy!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G5 near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for