2008 Pontiac G5

8.2

Based on 169 Ratings for the 2007 - 2009 models.

Good car for the money!!!

By on Thursday, September 08, 2011

Pros: "Good vehicle for the money"

Cons: "If i had paid more, i'm sure i could've gotten the sunroof, multidisk CD player, etc..."

"I purchased this vehicle used with low miles in 2009. The price was exactly what I wanted in a monthly payment and the options the vehicle carries makes this car great for the money! MP3/CD player, Auxiliary Input, Cruise Control. This car has been the best compact car I've owned and very reliable for my daily commute. The backseat space is comfortable and simple options like back seat cup holders, full folding back seats which allow me to utilize the trunk to it's fullest capability, two places to plug in my cell charger in case i have a passenger that wants to charge theirs at the same time, one touch window on the driver side, electronic adjustment for side mirrors, rear defroster, electronic monitoring of tire pressure, oil, fuel are also great features."

PERFECT first car!

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, perfect first car, pretty"

Cons: "Small back seat- not ideal for families"

"I got this car when I was 16 and had only been driving for 6 months. I could not have asked for a better first car! It lasted through my last two years of high school and 5 years of college. The back seat is small but 2 people have fit back there (although college students will put up with a lot to split gas prices). The trunk opening is small, but I have fit pretty much everything I own in that car going home on summer breaks and such. The rear folding seats help a lot in that situation! The gas mileage is fantastic and it whips around town and can get into some tiny parking spots. Downside is that it did not come with cruise control but I just put an after-market one in and it worked like a dream! Also, it is a sporty looking car. A good wash and some polish makes it look more expensive than it actually was! Now I am moving to Mexico and it will not survive on the bad roads there. I am sad to part with it but I know it is making the new owner very happy!"

Lasting for now

By on Tuesday, September 01, 2009

"I've had my '07 G5GT for 3 years now. I've already put 80,000 miles on it and it's still running great. I do my own oil changes/brakes/tire rotations...ect. The only big complaint I have with it is the trunk, it is a decent sized trunk but the opening is pretty small. Other than that, I have no complaints."

Love the mileage

By on Sunday, May 24, 2009

"I down sized from an SUV. I Love the comfort and the great gas mileage. It is much more comfortable than the Thunderbird I ownd in the '90s. The styling and amenities are great. I get better gas mileage, comfort and dependability from my G5 than my husband gets from his Civic. When together we use my car more often."

I look forward to driving my G5 every day

By on Saturday, June 28, 2008

"I bought the G5 base model 2 months ago. It is a pleasure to get behind the wheel of this car. It has the best engine power and transmission gear ratio's resulting in really good performance from standing start and fuel economy at hiway speeds. The engine is so smooth and quiet, it is hard to tell it is running at traffic light stops. I like the fusion orange color, Pioneer sound, sun roof, smooth shifting auto trans, remote starter, cruise, and the computer information display. Power steering is not mushy. Disc+Drum Brakes are quite adequate. With cruise control engaged, the computer said I was getting 40 mpg at 65-70 mph. In all combined driving I am getting 30.8 mpg. Zero problems in 2 months of driving. The trunk is huge but the opening is small. But I can get my pull cart and golf bag thru the opening with no problem. Larger items can be placed in the trunk from inside the car by folding the rear seats down, which could be a hassle if you need to haul them frequently. The one complaint I have is length of seats is short which provides less thigh support. Seats are also on the firm side. I bought a seat cushion which helps with the seating comfort on longer drives. I bought this car new but it was last years (2007) model and has the 36,000 mile/3 years total plus 5 years/100,000 miles power train warranty. After all the rebates, out of the door price was under $9000 which was absolute steal for a car of this quality & looks."

Great value.

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2008

"I recently got back from a 14 day, 2500 mile tour with a friend's band. We were able to comfortably fit myself and two others, band merchandise, 6 guitars, one amp, and some luggage with the larger half of the back seat folded down. In fact, everyone preferred riding in my G5 to riding in the Grand Cherokee that was also brought on tour (both were packed to the hilt with gear, carried 3 passengers, and had 2/3 of the rear seat folded down. We averaged 32mpg with an overstuffed load on the highway. The notorious blind spot and small trunk openings are a problem at times, but you can work around the trunk issue by loading larger items through the passenger door with one or both of the rear seats folded down. I had one small problem with the handbrake not locking in place which was promptly fixed by my dealer and covered by warranty. Also, the bevel around the sunroof switch would slip out from time to time. Dealer replaced that once and fixed it a second time when it slipped again. Finally, I just pulled down the headliner enough to pinch the metal clips onto the headliner and since then, that problem's been solved. Good value, good on gas. My two minor problems with the car have been resolved and I couldn't be happier."

nice sporty compact

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"I find this car to be a decent value, good gas mileage, and sporty. Nicely equipped base model. My only fault I find is over 60 mph the gas mileage drops off dramatically. Could have geared it a little more for highway without losing it's get up and go. Still average over 30 mpg (mixed)' just had to keep it under 65 on the highway."

Very nice vehicle

By on Thursday, January 03, 2008

"I am very pleased with this car. I would say that the problems I've read about here are real. Small trunk opening and bad blind spots. However the snow driving I can not agree with, with the opitional traction control system, this car is very drivable in the snow. Over all a great little car!"

good little daily and long haul driver

By on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pros: "Good price, sporty, good acceleration, Reliable"

Cons: "Poor clearcoat above windows on doors"

"A resonably priced vehicle and has been extremely reliable to me. i have driven it across the west coast twice now had no problems with it ever. Its a GM product if you take care of it it will take care of you!!! with a few mods here and there it can be turned into a more sportier and way more reliable car then the 2.4 lt GT edition! The only thing i can say is that it was a poor clear coat of paint on the upper portion of the doors. i has peeled and faded off of mine and i have seen it happen to quite a few others. This is a great first car to buy for a student. Or a great car to have your first loan out on. Or just a great commuter!"

Great Short Commute Car

By on Saturday, April 02, 2011

"Pros: A great short commuter car. Good gas mileage (I average 28mpg) and it handles well. The interior cabin has little road noise and the ac/heat unit works great. Have had no problems with the stereo and love the mp3 player jack. The cruise control which is great for highway trips. Good pick-up for the engine type and it rides well on the highway. Cons: There were 2 recalls(one for the power steering and one for the fuel system). Mine also has an issue with the front suspension/brakes causing intermittent unnerving rattling which has been unrepairable. It gets fixed and then starts up again. The backseat is almost unusable due to the lack of leg room. If you're tall, you have to lean the seat back all the way to be able to see out the front window completely without the rear-view mirror getting in the way which is uncomfortable because the driver seat offers no lumbar support . The trunk is huge but it's difficult to use because of the small opening. If you're driving short distances it's a great car but if you have over a 30 minute commute, you may want to look at another vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G5 near Honolulu. See local deals