2008 Pontiac G5

8.2

Based on 171 Ratings for the 2007 - 2009 models.

I look forward to driving my G5 every day

By on Saturday, June 28, 2008

"I bought the G5 base model 2 months ago. It is a pleasure to get behind the wheel of this car. It has the best engine power and transmission gear ratio's resulting in really good performance from standing start and fuel economy at hiway speeds. The engine is so smooth and quiet, it is hard to tell it is running at traffic light stops. I like the fusion orange color, Pioneer sound, sun roof, smooth shifting auto trans, remote starter, cruise, and the computer information display. Power steering is not mushy. Disc+Drum Brakes are quite adequate. With cruise control engaged, the computer said I was getting 40 mpg at 65-70 mph. In all combined driving I am getting 30.8 mpg. Zero problems in 2 months of driving. The trunk is huge but the opening is small. But I can get my pull cart and golf bag thru the opening with no problem. Larger items can be placed in the trunk from inside the car by folding the rear seats down, which could be a hassle if you need to haul them frequently. The one complaint I have is length of seats is short which provides less thigh support. Seats are also on the firm side. I bought a seat cushion which helps with the seating comfort on longer drives. I bought this car new but it was last years (2007) model and has the 36,000 mile/3 years total plus 5 years/100,000 miles power train warranty. After all the rebates, out of the door price was under $9000 which was absolute steal for a car of this quality & looks."

Love the mileage

By on Sunday, May 24, 2009

"I down sized from an SUV. I Love the comfort and the great gas mileage. It is much more comfortable than the Thunderbird I ownd in the '90s. The styling and amenities are great. I get better gas mileage, comfort and dependability from my G5 than my husband gets from his Civic. When together we use my car more often."

Very nice vehicle

By on Thursday, January 03, 2008

"I am very pleased with this car. I would say that the problems I've read about here are real. Small trunk opening and bad blind spots. However the snow driving I can not agree with, with the opitional traction control system, this car is very drivable in the snow. Over all a great little car!"

good little daily and long haul driver

By on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pros: "Good price, sporty, good acceleration, Reliable"

Cons: "Poor clearcoat above windows on doors"

"A resonably priced vehicle and has been extremely reliable to me. i have driven it across the west coast twice now had no problems with it ever. Its a GM product if you take care of it it will take care of you!!! with a few mods here and there it can be turned into a more sportier and way more reliable car then the 2.4 lt GT edition! The only thing i can say is that it was a poor clear coat of paint on the upper portion of the doors. i has peeled and faded off of mine and i have seen it happen to quite a few others. This is a great first car to buy for a student. Or a great car to have your first loan out on. Or just a great commuter!"

Great Short Commute Car

By on Saturday, April 02, 2011

"Pros: A great short commuter car. Good gas mileage (I average 28mpg) and it handles well. The interior cabin has little road noise and the ac/heat unit works great. Have had no problems with the stereo and love the mp3 player jack. The cruise control which is great for highway trips. Good pick-up for the engine type and it rides well on the highway. Cons: There were 2 recalls(one for the power steering and one for the fuel system). Mine also has an issue with the front suspension/brakes causing intermittent unnerving rattling which has been unrepairable. It gets fixed and then starts up again. The backseat is almost unusable due to the lack of leg room. If you're tall, you have to lean the seat back all the way to be able to see out the front window completely without the rear-view mirror getting in the way which is uncomfortable because the driver seat offers no lumbar support . The trunk is huge but it's difficult to use because of the small opening. If you're driving short distances it's a great car but if you have over a 30 minute commute, you may want to look at another vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G5 near Honolulu. See local deals