2008 Pontiac G5

8.2

Based on 168 Ratings for the 2007 - 2009 models.

best GM vehicle ever - i would buy another one

By on Monday, September 08, 2014

"love this car - bought it new in 2007 - get 33mpg at 70mph and it has alot of pep. So sad that Chevrolet canceled the Pontiac name. This car today is ahead of anything new they make - General Motors has lost a customer. I want another one"

Great little car

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun, sporty, comfortable and affordable to drive"

Cons: "No cruise control and extremely small rear window"

"I have had it for almost 4 years. One accident where I had not seen the car out the back window. Very small window. The vehicle was purchased because I weighed close to 300 lbs and needed a car which I could ride comfortably for long distances. I traded comfort for cruise control. The two negatives = small rear window and no cruise control. I have been very happy with this choice. I now have my first major repair at 129,000 miles. The timing chain has to be replaced. Until this last month I was getting 32 and 33 miles per gallon. Again - great car."

best vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

"My car is a hard top convertible"

Peppy little car with a sporty feel.

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Sporty feel, great gas mileage"

Cons: "passing vision"

"We bought this knew for my wife and other than the recalls and regular service, it has not given us any trouble. It drives very tight and sporty with a little better comfort than most economy cars have. We like its appearance, performance and reliability even if it is a little plain. Would rather have it than any of the imports that are in its class that cost more. Personally, I think it is under rated because it is not an import. Gauges are nice and simple although 160 MPH is a little unrealistic, stereo read out is easy and large enough to see. Only complaint would be the lack of clear vision through the back windows whenever I go to pass and change lanes, but that is true to most two doors. we got the manual transmission version and added cruise and 16" allow wheels. Really sporty look and feel from that. Tires and oil changes are all we have had to do in 60,000 miles and 7 years. The sticker was 16 grand new and worth it, but we paid a little less. Books for about half that retail now. not too bad an investment for an economy car that gets an average of 30 MPG. Will tow my Harley Softail on a small trailer and get low 20s and cruise at 70 and get as high as 40MPG. love the standard tranny."

My first car...

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Great price, drives well"

Cons: "little leg room, not good for tall people."

"Is very reliable, I've driven this car to and from DC and to and from SC several times and the only issue it ever had was when the ignition locked up in "on" position but the local dealer fixed it up at no cost to me because it was covered under warranty/recall. I would not recommend it for tall people though; I am 5'3" and I love it, it's the perfect size. My now husband though is 6'1" and he hates the size, says it's too short and too cramped."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G5 near Honolulu. See local deals