2008 Pontiac G5

8.2

Based on 171 Ratings for the 2007 - 2009 models.

Good car for the money!!!

By on Thursday, September 08, 2011

Pros: "Good vehicle for the money"

Cons: "If i had paid more, i'm sure i could've gotten the sunroof, multidisk CD player, etc..."

"I purchased this vehicle used with low miles in 2009. The price was exactly what I wanted in a monthly payment and the options the vehicle carries makes this car great for the money! MP3/CD player, Auxiliary Input, Cruise Control. This car has been the best compact car I've owned and very reliable for my daily commute. The backseat space is comfortable and simple options like back seat cup holders, full folding back seats which allow me to utilize the trunk to it's fullest capability, two places to plug in my cell charger in case i have a passenger that wants to charge theirs at the same time, one touch window on the driver side, electronic adjustment for side mirrors, rear defroster, electronic monitoring of tire pressure, oil, fuel are also great features."

PERFECT first car!

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, perfect first car, pretty"

Cons: "Small back seat- not ideal for families"

"I got this car when I was 16 and had only been driving for 6 months. I could not have asked for a better first car! It lasted through my last two years of high school and 5 years of college. The back seat is small but 2 people have fit back there (although college students will put up with a lot to split gas prices). The trunk opening is small, but I have fit pretty much everything I own in that car going home on summer breaks and such. The rear folding seats help a lot in that situation! The gas mileage is fantastic and it whips around town and can get into some tiny parking spots. Downside is that it did not come with cruise control but I just put an after-market one in and it worked like a dream! Also, it is a sporty looking car. A good wash and some polish makes it look more expensive than it actually was! Now I am moving to Mexico and it will not survive on the bad roads there. I am sad to part with it but I know it is making the new owner very happy!"

Lasting for now

By on Tuesday, September 01, 2009

"I've had my '07 G5GT for 3 years now. I've already put 80,000 miles on it and it's still running great. I do my own oil changes/brakes/tire rotations...ect. The only big complaint I have with it is the trunk, it is a decent sized trunk but the opening is pretty small. Other than that, I have no complaints."

Love the mileage

By on Sunday, May 24, 2009

"I down sized from an SUV. I Love the comfort and the great gas mileage. It is much more comfortable than the Thunderbird I ownd in the '90s. The styling and amenities are great. I get better gas mileage, comfort and dependability from my G5 than my husband gets from his Civic. When together we use my car more often."

I look forward to driving my G5 every day

By on Saturday, June 28, 2008

"I bought the G5 base model 2 months ago. It is a pleasure to get behind the wheel of this car. It has the best engine power and transmission gear ratio's resulting in really good performance from standing start and fuel economy at hiway speeds. The engine is so smooth and quiet, it is hard to tell it is running at traffic light stops. I like the fusion orange color, Pioneer sound, sun roof, smooth shifting auto trans, remote starter, cruise, and the computer information display. Power steering is not mushy. Disc+Drum Brakes are quite adequate. With cruise control engaged, the computer said I was getting 40 mpg at 65-70 mph. In all combined driving I am getting 30.8 mpg. Zero problems in 2 months of driving. The trunk is huge but the opening is small. But I can get my pull cart and golf bag thru the opening with no problem. Larger items can be placed in the trunk from inside the car by folding the rear seats down, which could be a hassle if you need to haul them frequently. The one complaint I have is length of seats is short which provides less thigh support. Seats are also on the firm side. I bought a seat cushion which helps with the seating comfort on longer drives. I bought this car new but it was last years (2007) model and has the 36,000 mile/3 years total plus 5 years/100,000 miles power train warranty. After all the rebates, out of the door price was under $9000 which was absolute steal for a car of this quality & looks."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G5 near Honolulu. See local deals