1998 Pontiac Firebird

Based on 719 Ratings for the 1994 - 2002 models.

Best Car I Have Ever Owned

By on Friday, June 13, 2008

"Partial? No. I would have bought the V8 version without ever considering this V6 car had I not gotten this car because it was too good of a deal to pass up. First when I took it on a trip the 32 MPG over the highway shocked me. Secondly the power that it did have blew me away. Then of course the handling, the Monsoon system, and the overall clean looks of this car that you never see any more. Sure there are drawbacks... trunkspace is minimal but if carefully packed will handle a pretty big suitcase. The four seats come in handy although a little cramped for adults.. it's better than nothing! It's a sports car that 4 people CAN get into... I am suprised that the car is as sophisticated as it is and this is the last of the Firebirds. Don't make them anymore! I am really satisfied with everything about the car. Also low maintenance and completely dependable."

i love it

By on Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pros: "nice looking, fun to drive, easy to handle"

Cons: "room and storage space"

"i bought my 00 firebird with 211,000 miles on it and have not had any problems at all with it. it runs almost as smooth as my husbands 2011 camero. my only issue is room, it's really a 2 person car, anymore than 2 and everyone is uncomfortable."

2002 Firebird Trans Am

By on Thursday, January 03, 2008

"I bought the Firebird "Trans AM" I like the looks handling and power. This was the last year 2002 that they made this car. I have look at other cars, but I still like mine. The body has a sporty race car look and the performance is "WOW". I plan to keep this car for a long time. I have had people ask me what year the car is and I tell them. People have said to me, good looking car, fast car, cool car, hot rod car. My answer to the above questions is "Yes, and I like the way it moves. I have had many fast cars, but this car is unbelievable, and the way it handles is "Great"."

fun but only as a 2nd car

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "Tons of torque, awesome sound, looks mean"

Cons: "New Mustangs"

"In its day this was one of the fastest cars detroit produced. Handles like its on rails but a little harsh for long trips (over 200 miles). Looks great, sounds great, runs great. The power seats are not as comfortable as the base ones. I get well over 25mpg on the highway. Dont even think of driving a TA in the snow. Even if you have traction control, you wont get far. If you want a fun muscle car that wont cost you a fortune, look for one of these, 2001 or 2002 with WS6."

Nothing Compares

By on Saturday, October 27, 2007

"Bought mine new in 2000, I wouldn't have any other car and will never sell this one. Never had a problem with it mechanically or any other way. Very reliable. This is my second Trans Am, sold the first one after having a baby, and I always regretted it and HAD to have another Trans Am. I have owned a Mustang, Vette, and a Camero and none of them gave me as much pleasure as the Trans Am."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Firebird near Honolulu. See local deals