1996 Pontiac Firebird

Based on 730 Ratings for the 1994 - 2002 models.

A lot of fun! Very fast! Attracts allot of attenti

By on Thursday, May 26, 2016

Pros: "Great performance, sounds great, handles great!"

Cons: "Bad in the snow. But I don’t care."

"I’ve had this car about 8 years. I bought it with 30,000 miles on it. I have enjoyed it immensely! It’s very fast, has gobs of torque, and handles great. On the highway in 6th, gear at 80mph, the rpm is just slightly above idle. About 1200rpm. I’m not sure if the H.P. figure is correct in the specs for this car because it feels like it has a lot more. When you go through the gears (punching it) it rockets up to 100 so fast you don’t even realize it. I have had it up to 145MPH and it still had plenty left. I think top speed for this car is 160MPH and I have no doubt that it can achieve that rather easily. Anyone I have taken for ride in this car was blown away by its performance. I have owned a 1997 Mustang GT, and while I liked that car, this one will blow it away! Totally! If you like muscle cars you will love this car. Every time I drive it someone comes up to me and says nice car. They go out of their way to tell me that. I am 50 years. The younger crowd really loves this car. Most of them have never seen one. They are pretty rare now a day. At least where I live. The car has been very reliable. I put a water pump and a new battery, in 8 years. Not bad for a 20 year old car. The only other thing I would mention is that it is loud. Even with stock exhaust. I love that, but that might be a turn off for some people. Great car for the money!!"

Fun car to own and drive

By on Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Pros: "Great price and fun to drive."

"Up in age so decided I needed to experience driving a fun car once more. Glad I purchased this car. It is fun to drive and handles really good. Had dual exhausts installed and it sound really awesome. Car has remained in good condition thanks to my love and care for it. The car was not really taken care of before I purchased it. Several people have approached me and offered to take it off of my hands. Refuse to sell my fun toy. If you can find one, buy it. It is a beautiful car and fun to drive."

Best there is!

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"Bought mine new in 01. Fantastic is the only way to describe it. Great mileage for a sportscar. Turns heads everywhere. Still looks like new. Seats are so comfortable you just settle in and go for a great ride!!! The manual 6 speed makes you feel like you are really driving a race car. Come on Pontiac... bring back a winner!"

ls1, 325 horses.. nothing more needed!

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "awesome, pure awesome!"

Cons: "too fun"

"wow! where do i start on the late 4th gen. trans am ram air ws6. this car is equipt with the tire spinning monster motor known as the "ls1" which stock is rated as 325 horses. moving from the motor you have the BEST looking front end of any car i have ever seen. when you pass a ws6 on the road you know what it is. these cars are very stylish and have the roar to back them up. weather its the front view of the hood or the low aggressive stance from behind, this car is bound to give you goose bumps! also, if your in the market for these cars no need to look at the kbb bc these are sold above due to the fact that pontiac is out of the market. however, even with all the pros of the last of bread there are a few cons. 1st of all the interior still shows the early 90's look, the window motors get slow after awhile, and the cool looking pop up head lights go bad too. all and all, this is one the best looking and funnest cars gm has ever put out. and for those out there who think that the stock 325 horses arent enough, there are tons upon tons of bolt ons you can purchase. a new slp air lid, a few things here and there and your pushing 500! rip pontac!"

My baby!

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, whicked fast, old school muscle car"

Cons: "slightly uncomfortable on really long drives."

"When I was in highschool, I remember seeing this new body style in HotRod Magazine. I wanted this car...About 4 years later I purchased one, my first ever loan, with the help of my parents and a college graduation gift. I have driven and loved this car ever since. It has never let me down, even being stored and not driven for months at a time. It has awesome power, drives and handles so great and actually rides like a muscle car. It is the most fun I have ever had driving any car or truck I have ever driven. It is a true driving experience."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Firebird near Honolulu. See local deals