1994 Pontiac Firebird

Based on 714 Ratings for the 1994 - 2002 models.

'97 Firebird Formula 5.7L V8 - A Phoenix

By on Friday, June 22, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, v8 5.7L engine, heavy-duty"

Cons: "back seats a bit confined"

Took this pic after a fresh wash!

"Value: 9/10 because it is a bit dated, but still runs like a monster. Driving Dynamics: 10/10 everything is to-par. excellent on maneuvering at fast speeds. Reliability: 10/10 excellent cars, if they are kept in good condition and maintained well, i.e. taken care of. Design: 9.5/10 very sleek and appealing. a bit confined in the back two bucket seats, but you can fit people back there if need be. Quality: 10/10 excellent workmanship. engine is good. car parts are made with higher-grade materials meant for lasting. Interior is comfortable. Comfort: 9/10 only because the back two bucket seats are a bit confined with less space, but they are there if you need them."

My video

Took this pic after a fresh wash!

My fiancee Burning a lil tire around the corner

Still Gets 25mpg with 258,000 miles DOAH!

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun Drive, Dependable, Powerful High Mileage Car"

Cons: "Tight fit for people over ~5ft 9in tall"

"Other than a replaced transmission at 180,000 miles and new gaskets around 200,000 miles, this car runs clean with NO smoke no oil leaks. And did I mention 25mpg at 258,000 miles?!"

Put more money into it than I got out of it!

By on Friday, October 17, 2008

"2 weeks after the warranty ran out, the fuel pump went, had to replace numerous headlamps due to poor design - rain ran into the sockets and continually shorted out the lamps until I applied sealant, after 5th yr, the lights would not pop up had to spend $1,000 to get the mechanism replaced-dealer said headlights were corroded from rust, yah think?! Went through 4 sets of brakes, replaced rotors and drums, had to have 4 way flashers replaced twice along with numerous rear bulbs due to poor design which allowed moisture to creep into back tail lights, tee top leaks slightly when rain is heavy, only good thing is its appearance, good gas mileage, design and has good pickup"

Outstanding car

By on Sunday, December 09, 2007

"I have a 1998 Trans Am with the 5.7 liter + 6-speed. I purchased it new and now have 142,000 miles on it. The engine has fantastic torque, and is VERY quick yet still gets better mileage than the 6 cylinder Dodge, Chrysler, and Acura that my wife has had since I bought the TA. I can get 28-29 MPG on the highway. I hear people bad mouth the quality of these cars but my experience has been excellent. No recalls, no major problems at all. The drivetrain is nearlty bulletproof. After having worked on this car and the wife's Acura, I think the TA is better built (the Acura had brake problems, one recall, a blown transmission, and the paint is pealing from the hood). The hatchback design of the Trans Am makes the car very practical too. I've used it to carry furniture, 12 ft. x 20 ft. sections of carpet, lumber, and even an assembled large gas grill."

This car is ADDICTIVE

By on Sunday, October 28, 2007

"I've owned 26 cars/trucks before buying my 95 Firebird convertible. I get about 30 MPG on the highway with the 3.4 litre V6. Although it has the smallest engine offered I rarely am embarrassed and be forewarned... if you buy one, people will want to race you, formally or informally. The car's looks are killer, even by today's standards. Handling is like a carnival ride, capable of .8 G's in cornering and believe me, I've been there. Driving has never been as enjoyable as with this car and the convertible roof is just icing on the cake. I have no desire to let this car go, that is unless I sell it to buy a faster Firebird or my dream car... a Corvette. The '95 Firebird, if kept in beautiful condition is more than just a head-turner. It's Eye Glue. Imports have nothing on this car unless you're talking about pasta rockets, german performance offerings or a couple high-end asian performance rides, but few cars look better, no matter what the price tag. Best of all, for sports cars Firebirds are VERY AFFORDABLE. Parts are generally affordable, although some repairs can be a little more expensive because the engine compartment is a bit cramped, however suspension and many repairs/upgrades are comparitively easy to do. I know, I'm a mechanic by hobby and a mechanical designer by trade."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Firebird near Honolulu. See local deals