1994 Pontiac Firebird

Based on 713 Ratings for the 1994 - 2002 models.

great car

By on Monday, December 01, 2014

Pros: "good power , great handling"

"Wish they were still making these cars had it for 15 yrs never been disappointed"

Straight up serious muscle car for serious drivers

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

Pros: "Best on the planet"

Cons: "...really?...are you kidding me? ......."

"I have a 6 speed manual and T-tops. I have owned and driven this car for 14 years now, still own it, and even now this car flat out rocks. Legendary V8, rear wheel drive live axle, serious styling and aerodynamics with WORKING Rear AND FRONT spoilers (front is hidden)Big front and rear disc brakes. This is a properly built muscle car and perhaps the last muscle car built like this. This is a serious performance car for serious drivers. If you want flashy luxury go somewhere else. Inexperienced drivers will get themselves or others killed, and/ or find themselves tumbling down a ditch quicker than you can say this sentence, yet it is very mild, relaxed, and civil with a careful hand. In top gear, this car will idle along at 60 mph. Go below that and the engine will bog down. You will need to find a good certified GM mechanic that you will always go to because you will be taking this car into the shop on a regular basis. Parts on this car will go bad usually well after the parts designed life span and this car has left me stranded a couple times. I have replaced countless parts,and all of the parts are very expensive but that comes with the territory with this type of car. I have modified this car with a bunch of aftermarket performance parts, and this car is off the charts incredible. There is nothing else on the road quite like it. Just look around, see for yourself. This car is also made to be modified. If you own a Trans Am and you do not modify it (let the engine breathe freely/ stiffen the chassis) you will never see how this car can really work. If you are not used to spinning tires on a regular basis, do not get this car. The handling is off the charts rediculous for this type and weight of street car. From time to time, I find myself making 90 degree turns at 35 mph while pressing down the accelerator at the same time. I have been in track meets and driven this car all over Europe and the US. And its downright sick how this 15 year old car can more than hold its own against an exotic supercar costing 2-300 thousand dollars, making those drivers take serious notice of how they just wasted all that money just for a little higher performance, that is of absolutely of no use on the street. I purchased this car in 2001 for 14 thousand.Thats it. 14 grand. 14 grand vs. 300 grand. The math does not add up. I have a love-hate relationship with this car but after 14 years I remain joined at the hip with it, and it looks like I will never give this car up. The driver needs to have some mechanical knowledge and an understanding of how this car works to drive it properly. In Europe I have seen the far side of 160 mph and a friend with a Firehawk (GM upgraded Trans Am) got his to 175. This is a niche car for niche people, made back when GM had more money, and that is also why this car is not made anymore. Comparing this car with a corvette is like comparing an angel to a demon. Both have the same engine, but there is simply no comparison. If you are this niche type of person, this is the most fulfilling car on the planet....period. If you are not this type of person, and you are just looking for a "fun" car to drive...run for the hills...and be afraid...be very afraid..."

Bang for the buck!

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pros: "Lots of speed and dash and reliability 4 the $$$"

Cons: "Seat position for tall guy tight!"

"Look around and see if you can find a fast sporty car of any brand like the Trans Am.... especially for the money! If you want your jollies then this car should be on your short List. I have been trying to find a newer sports car that I might like better but the newer model cars from Mercedes Benz to Corvette are having boatloads of $ervice troubles for 4 times the money!"

best vehical ever , sharp ride

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "great car,fun to drive , fast , sounds incredible"

Cons: "small scratch on hood"

"This car is fantastic. So fun to drive . Sharp lookin. Cool black."

I still love my car!!

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful, manual is fun to drive, dependable"

Cons: "none to date"

"I have to say I will drive this car as long as it lets me. I am very happy with it. Considering it is over 13 years old I have had little issues with it. Nothing major and I still drive it today. It has 170,000 miles on it as of now."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Firebird near Honolulu. See local deals