2003 Pontiac Bonneville

8.4

Based on 443 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

By on Sunday, April 12, 2009

"Bought this car new and have enjoyed the extreme reliability of GM's flagship 3800 V6 engine and great transmission combination. It has lived up to the EPA's published MPG estimates of 19City 30Hwy, and in fact on one stretch of a long road trip, made 31MPG. That's phenomenal for a full-size car. Creature comfort is 2nd to none, and leather seating material and workmanship is flawless. Maintenance has been easy too. The only complaint we had is on the inferior material used to manufacture the power window lifts, which caused premature failure. Fatiguing caused a nylon component to snap off, binding the cable take-up spool. You can only buy as an assembly ($234.00), which we found excessive. This problem is not unique to Pontiac, as GM uses this same generic part in all of their sedans, so we chalked it up to a widespread deign defect across the board for all of GM's line of cars. We're still enjoying this great car, and we take excellent care of it."

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, fuel economy, comfortable"

Cons: "Annoying mechanical problems"

"Great car, though it does have its fair share of mechanical problems as it ages. Window regulator(s), fuel level sender, intake manifold gaskets just to name a handful. These will need to be replaced eventually on all Bonnevilles of this vintage. Since I'm a skilled backyard mechanic, I don't mind fixing things. The car is sporty, easy to maintain, and a blast to drive. Parts are plentiful and cheap. The 3800 engine is bulletproof, used in tons of GM vehicles, and will outlast the car. For such a large heavy car, interior room isn't as roomy as one would think. Being 6'2, when either front seat is all the way back, the rear seat is almost useless except for very small children. Still it is very comfortable and controls are well laid out. Fuel economy is very good for a large car, I average around 24mpg. Supercharged engine accelerates effortlessly, very wide torque curve distributes good power at practically any RPM. I'm going to drive this car till it falls apart, and the way it's going, that's going to take awhile!"

My Dream Car

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "Great Price! FUN TO DRIVE GETS UP AND GOES, LoAdED"

Cons: "V8 is fast, but not fuel efficient"

"I purchased my dream car a year ago, my favorite feature is heads up displace which puts my speed and radio on the windshield, love this car and hate to sell it but i got medical bills and need to be driving a cheaper more fuel efficient vehicle. This car was well taken care of when i purchased it and i still have a case of oil filters and some censors that come with the car for anyone who would wanna work on the car them selves."

2000 Poniac Bonnyville SLE

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

"bought car with 60,000 miles now have 301,000 had trans rebuilt at 260,000 .upper intake 290,00 . a great car . when pontiac was alive they canceled the Bonnyville ( very big mistake ) I will run this car till it dies, can't tell you all how much i like this car"

Sport luxury at it's best

By on Sunday, September 02, 2012

Pros: "best spot/luxury car for the family"

Cons: "no longer made"

"This car is the best all around car I have owned. The a/c went out at 100,000 but other than that, no issues!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Bonneville near Honolulu. See local deals