2000 Pontiac Bonneville

8.4

Based on 441 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

By on Sunday, April 12, 2009

"Bought this car new and have enjoyed the extreme reliability of GM's flagship 3800 V6 engine and great transmission combination. It has lived up to the EPA's published MPG estimates of 19City 30Hwy, and in fact on one stretch of a long road trip, made 31MPG. That's phenomenal for a full-size car. Creature comfort is 2nd to none, and leather seating material and workmanship is flawless. Maintenance has been easy too. The only complaint we had is on the inferior material used to manufacture the power window lifts, which caused premature failure. Fatiguing caused a nylon component to snap off, binding the cable take-up spool. You can only buy as an assembly ($234.00), which we found excessive. This problem is not unique to Pontiac, as GM uses this same generic part in all of their sedans, so we chalked it up to a widespread deign defect across the board for all of GM's line of cars. We're still enjoying this great car, and we take excellent care of it."

I love my car!

By on Saturday, April 18, 2009

"I have a 2000 Bonneville that I bought in 2001 with 13,000 miles on it. It now has 212,000 and still running like it's new! It has every option that was offered in 2000 and I felt like a queen when I first drove it! The mileage isn't as good as it was 8 years ago, but I still get 25 city, 30 highway!"

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, fuel economy, comfortable"

Cons: "Annoying mechanical problems"

"Great car, though it does have its fair share of mechanical problems as it ages. Window regulator(s), fuel level sender, intake manifold gaskets just to name a handful. These will need to be replaced eventually on all Bonnevilles of this vintage. Since I'm a skilled backyard mechanic, I don't mind fixing things. The car is sporty, easy to maintain, and a blast to drive. Parts are plentiful and cheap. The 3800 engine is bulletproof, used in tons of GM vehicles, and will outlast the car. For such a large heavy car, interior room isn't as roomy as one would think. Being 6'2, when either front seat is all the way back, the rear seat is almost useless except for very small children. Still it is very comfortable and controls are well laid out. Fuel economy is very good for a large car, I average around 24mpg. Supercharged engine accelerates effortlessly, very wide torque curve distributes good power at practically any RPM. I'm going to drive this car till it falls apart, and the way it's going, that's going to take awhile!"

Been driving Bonnevilles since 1996 - Love them

By on Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pros: "great car to drive. You look like a sedan but have power and style"

Cons: "always down a quart of oil at change time."

"This is my second Bonneville. my first was a 1996 that I drove for 9 years and only sold it because it was promised to a friend when his daughter turned 16. Bought another one a week later in 2003 and it is even better. Just turned 100k. Did trany maintenance as recommended. no problems, regular oil changes. No engine problems. Never replaced window motors. Power seat still works great. Huge trunk. Plenty of leg room. Have nice pass thru to trunk. Has great power and stiff like an european sedan. Only now at 100k is a/c motor starting to make noise. Just starting to think about the next car and think the Pontiac G8 (Bonneville) will be my next car. Why did GM have to shut down Pontiac?"

Good Car!

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"I have own 3 Bonnevilles in 3 years and they have proven themselves time and time again. My first one was a '92 SE i bought with 260,000 miles for $200 as my first school car. As a mechanic, the necessary repairs were minor (exhaust work and tune-up). I put 20,000 miles on it and sold it running like it had 50k miles on it! (i just got bored with it) When i got to college i bought an '03 and it ran great after the manditory change of intake gaskets for the 3800II. Two months after i had bought it, i t-boned an SUV at 40mph that pulled out in front of me. Me and my two friends walked away, only one having whiplash. A week later i didn't think twice about owning another one. i have been driving it one care free year!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Bonneville near Honolulu. See local deals