1997 Pontiac Bonneville

Based on 313 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Second car, first favorite

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Excellent price, fast, comfortable, cool looking"

Cons: "Low MPG, poor cupholders,"

"Bought this car about a year and a half ago at about 94k. I absolutely love this car. It has real get-up, and I can get to 60+ in no time at all. I rated the interior/exterior low because when I purchased it, there were interior components missing (over head compartment), the vinyl was ripped and clearly mis-treated in some places, and it smells like BO sometimes on hot days. Plus, small insignificant parts have lately been snapping off (the casing around the driver side control panel, the light covers on the doors). Also, my paint job must also be defective, or the previous owner had it stored in a strange place, because the paint job has large blemishes mainly covering the hood, roof and trunk. Besides that, the dark GM green and my gold web-like rims make this beast real original looking. Also, my dashboard is a dark blood-orange when my lights are on and it just looks awesome. I've so far replaced the ignition, battery, two tires, brakes and I'm in the process of replacing my power-steering pump, a third wheel, and my left wheel-bearing. I've also had to replace my driver side mirror (some scumbag hit it off and just left) and it was a PAIN to get the new one installed. Granted it's quite a few things needing to be replaced, but nothing major has let me down. Plus, my brother is a mechanic with many mechanic friends and I trade computer work for car work. My exhaust system must have a hole or something, as it's a bit loud inside the car (although strangely you can barely hear my car from outside unless you're virtually right beside it). This car has ABS, although it can be a bit irritating at times, especially when I put the car in a giant pile of snow because I hit a small slick and no matter what I did, my car drifted right. I've been told by friends, family, mechanics, etc. that my car is solid and I've yet to meet someone who hasn't liked my car. I did some research into GM recalls regarding Bonnevilles and it seems virtually every 90's model was recalled for something, save for the '94. My car was built on a Cadillac chastise. All-in-all, you'll find defects in a car, or something to make it look bad. Regardless of the problems with my car, I love it. I named her Marilyn. I will run this car into the ground, although I know that'll be a while from now as these cars run for a long time. If you can find a '94, especially one with low miles and is relatively cheap, snatch it up. They will NOT let you down."

Owned the car for over 12 years. great car!

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

"This Bonneville has been a wonderful car! Very reliable with normal repairs for a 225000 mile car."

not too good

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "decent engine and ride"

Cons: "unreliable, to many repairs"

"I've owned this vehicle for three years and it has been a money pit. 've has to replace the power steering, the entire A/C unit, alternator, water pump. Today something broke in the steering The wheel turns but nothing happens. Something broke in the linkage. Thank goodness it happened while I was pulling out of my driveway. Several other minor things were wrong like the power antenna, rear window defroster, headliner was coming down, The one good thing was the basic engine. After 195,000 miles it only burned a little oil. I bought a Nissan Sentra today. This one is going to the junk yard."

A black bonneville

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

"I had the car for 4 years. I recently put a new windshield on it and rebuilt the transmission this summer of 2013. I am a student and I need another car ASAP"

this car rocks

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "never leaves me stranded"

"I am the 2nd owner, inlaws gave it to me, 220k miles on it and going strong. never had to do anything to it, except front brakes!!!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Bonneville near Honolulu. See local deals