1996 Pontiac Bonneville

Based on 316 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

Good vehicle for starters

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable drive, affordable, roomy, safe"

Cons: "Gas mpg, old age, unappealing"

"I would recommend this vehicle for high school students or first time car buyers. It's not very luxurious, not the best gas mileage etc. Not a very appealing car especially for younger people. Pros about the vehicle: Very comfortable ride (non-bumpy), safe, very roomy, good for families etc."

good comfortable transportation

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "comfy ride,dependabile,good on gas for a full size"

Cons: "harmonic balancer and upper plenum problems"

"I bought this car from original owner and it had 120,000 mi on it and now i have 126,000 and it needs an upper plenum and gaskets which is the norm for these pontiacs at this mileage.I hope to go 200,00 mi after getting this done because the 3800 engines are well known for going this distance plus."

Great when it worked

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Reason: Transmission Failure

Pros: "Great HP/MPG for a full size car in 1995"

Cons: "Poor quality components"

"Bought the SE car second hand with 25k and got it to 85k. The 205 HP engine was deceptively powerful and provided an amazing ride, but the components around the engine began to fail. Would have said 9/10 when I first own the car. At 40k, the head light rheostat overheated and melted. At 55k, the plastic manifold over the engine cracked and dumped coolant in to the cylinders. At 65k, the plastic clips holding the door interiors on cracked and required creative fastening to keep them attached. Headliner started to drop. At 70k, the AC compressor failed. Finally, at 85k, the transmission failed and the estimate for the repair exceeded the value of the car."

Second car, first favorite

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Excellent price, fast, comfortable, cool looking"

Cons: "Low MPG, poor cupholders,"

"Bought this car about a year and a half ago at about 94k. I absolutely love this car. It has real get-up, and I can get to 60+ in no time at all. I rated the interior/exterior low because when I purchased it, there were interior components missing (over head compartment), the vinyl was ripped and clearly mis-treated in some places, and it smells like BO sometimes on hot days. Plus, small insignificant parts have lately been snapping off (the casing around the driver side control panel, the light covers on the doors). Also, my paint job must also be defective, or the previous owner had it stored in a strange place, because the paint job has large blemishes mainly covering the hood, roof and trunk. Besides that, the dark GM green and my gold web-like rims make this beast real original looking. Also, my dashboard is a dark blood-orange when my lights are on and it just looks awesome. I've so far replaced the ignition, battery, two tires, brakes and I'm in the process of replacing my power-steering pump, a third wheel, and my left wheel-bearing. I've also had to replace my driver side mirror (some scumbag hit it off and just left) and it was a PAIN to get the new one installed. Granted it's quite a few things needing to be replaced, but nothing major has let me down. Plus, my brother is a mechanic with many mechanic friends and I trade computer work for car work. My exhaust system must have a hole or something, as it's a bit loud inside the car (although strangely you can barely hear my car from outside unless you're virtually right beside it). This car has ABS, although it can be a bit irritating at times, especially when I put the car in a giant pile of snow because I hit a small slick and no matter what I did, my car drifted right. I've been told by friends, family, mechanics, etc. that my car is solid and I've yet to meet someone who hasn't liked my car. I did some research into GM recalls regarding Bonnevilles and it seems virtually every 90's model was recalled for something, save for the '94. My car was built on a Cadillac chastise. All-in-all, you'll find defects in a car, or something to make it look bad. Regardless of the problems with my car, I love it. I named her Marilyn. I will run this car into the ground, although I know that'll be a while from now as these cars run for a long time. If you can find a '94, especially one with low miles and is relatively cheap, snatch it up. They will NOT let you down."

Owned the car for over 12 years. great car!

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

"This Bonneville has been a wonderful car! Very reliable with normal repairs for a 225000 mile car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Bonneville near Honolulu. See local deals