1995 Pontiac Bonneville

Based on 324 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

Buying cars since 1974. 2nd best car I ever owned

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "Look at complete review, below."

Cons: "Did you read below, didn't see any didja?"

"An amazing car. Plenty of power, yet 32 mpg on the interstate with a 3.8L v6. Leather interior and still smells good. Handles, steers like a lighter vehicle but still beefy enough to not get blown around by semis. Quiet interior. Very good suspension and smooooooothe ride. Good 360 visibility. One of the biggest mistakes GM ever did was to discontinue the Pontiac line. Don't believe me? Just look at how many Bonnevilles and Grand Prixs are still on the road and look good, too. What were they thinking? Bad GM. Naughty GM."

By on Friday, November 09, 2007

"Own a 1997 that I bought in 2001 with 38,000 miles, now has 100,000 miles. Major parts that I had to replace were transmission, ignition coils, intake manifold twice!, gas tank level transmitter."

Bought new in 1999, loaded

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pros: "Great 1st, 2nd, or 3rd car, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Interior is breaking down"

"I've kept my Bonnie maintained and she hasn't let me down. Just replaced the radiator and the thermostat. Otherwise, typical maintenance costs. I had my mechanic replace my spark plugs and harness as part of a 5 year maintenance last month, and he told me that the engine is in excellent shape, and it still has great pick-up and go. It has started to hesitate or slip a bit when under load going up a hill, so Bonnie is going to AAMCO for a diagnostic. Even so, I got 25+ mpg when I drove to Panama City Beach in January this year! The only issues I have is with the interior. This car cost over $27000 when I bought it; it was considered the luxe model. Thirteen years later, the headliner needs to be replaced, the cosmetic cover on the button on the column (that you press to get out of P) came off (but the button still works), some of the door lights lens have fallen off, the auto-lock on the doors via key fob and interior switches and the interior lights work sporadically (really, no rhyme or reason to it), the trunk release only works via the driver side door button (not on the fob, and not with the key), and the key fob cannot lock/unlock the doors. I suspect that there is an issue in the computer circuit board and possibly the fob. Since I feel it is a safety issue, the computer issues will be next on my list to fix. The interior has been in decline for the past few years. first my cup holder's clips broke, but I could get it to stay on as long as the console was latched, then the console latch broke, so no cup holder. HA -- I stuck the cup holder in the open console. TA DAH! Cup holder! Still, Bonnie needs to have some dignity in her middle age, so I'm going to get the cosmetic/safety issues fixed after the transmission. When will I let Bonnie retire? If I ever have to drive it more distance in traffic every day. I currently work at home, and at most, I get out for lunch or appts maybe twice a week, so I can't see having a car payment setting in the driveway, rarely driven. But even so, if I have addressed any issues, and if I continue to keep her maintained, who knows how long the Bonnie will last?"

Best car I've ever owned

By on Sunday, February 01, 2015

Pros: "Cheap while they last, look great awesome power"

Cons: "Kinda heavy, exterior could have been nicer"

"I've had this car for 6 years and it has been nothing but great big car for a family looks and sounds great and has great power with even better potential. I'll never sell mine but I'm always looking for move of them."

best car ever

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "ride, acceleration, seats, room, style..everything"

Cons: "nothing at all"

"my 93 ssei is the best car i own. i bought it for only $500 and had to put about 1,000 into it, but in one summer i drove it 9,000 miles and averaged 28mpg. this car rides like a dream, handles great, and has way more than enough power to get you up to speed thanks to the supercharger. the seats are 18 way adjustable which makes it extremely comfortable, i had room for 5 adults and their luggage for a 4 day trip with no problem at all. gm should of never got rid of pontiac"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Bonneville near Honolulu. See local deals