1997 Oldsmobile Regency

Based on 15 Ratings for the 1997 - 1998 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Great engine

By on Thursday, September 20, 2007

"This is a classic GM car from the 90's. It has the very dependable 3.8L that is still running strong with 160k on it. Nothing has broken on this car outside of normal maintenance. Replaced ball joints at 120k, and cooler tube at 140k. Brakes have lasted 60k and are affordable. Interior is very comfortable and has a great sound system. The styling is very bland but with a car 10 years old, reliability is far more important. I've had this one 2 years and has been a wonderful car. While styled for "older" people, the performance and power is quite young. I'd recommend this or any car from GM with the 3.8L engine."

I really enjoy this car

By on Friday, February 27, 2009

"I was looking for a good used reliable vehicle for a long (47 mile one-way) commute. It had 98000 miles when I purchased, now at 198000. Never failed to start, no breakdowns, very little maintenance required. Lots of nice touches and features. Just wish it had better mileage."

Great car! Would buy another in a heartbeat.

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "Great to drive"

Cons: "Minor things..."

"I've owned this car for 6 years, and would love to be able to buy another just like it when this one is done. It has just over 200,000 miles, and has been super in every way. the only complaint I have is that a couple of the window buttons have broken off, but still work. Also, the heater vents don't function as well as they used to. With this many miles, I have no major complaints. It uses no oil yet, either. Love this car!"

Nice smooth ride

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

"this vehicle is very comfortable to drive, very smooth ride. Has lots of room for all 3 kids in the back...only thing I can complain about is the paint started to peel off but that's a GM issue...other than that it's been a great car."

Love it.

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"I've had my Olds for about 5 years now. Bought it at around 75k miles and have nearly doubled that. Mostly highway miles doing a 70 mile commute one way for a few months. A joy to drive. I've had very minor problems with it -- engine belt gave on the Schuylkill a few years ago; brake pads suffered from daily wear on the PA Turnpike. And I also had to call AAA once out of my own stupidity of letting my fuel go to E. That's about it. It drives incredibly well, super quiet... and all of the interior electronics (this car has A TON of those) function as if they were just installed. This is my third car, I owned a tiny little Chevy prior to this and another tiny little Chevy before that. Trans cut out on my Chevy and then I came across this Olds and instantly fell in love with it. My very Greek father haggled the price down over 4k from the asking price as well. It was an interesting adjustment in parking from my Chevys, as it is a fairly beastly vehicle, but I could never own a smaller or newer car. The backseat is also incredibly comfortable. I fell asleep back there once. I'm 5'11'' and it was comfortable for me. Overall, a solid vehicle!"

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Oldsmobile Regency near Honolulu. See local deals