2001 Oldsmobile Bravada

7.5

Based on 194 Ratings for the 1996 - 2001 models.

BEst SUV ever!

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "Excellent in winter, safe, good mpg for suv"

Cons: "needs seat warmer"

"My Bravada is a total driving experience. It is excellent in winter, surpassing "winter" vehicles with chains and all. WE were in an accident where a woman hit us at 50mph and no one was hurt!!! Repaired the Bravada and it still runs and rides like a dream. Gas mileage in it is better than most cars on the road. Love my Bravada!! Hoping to get 300,000 miles out of it. Cheaper to repair than to buy new and parts are reasonable! So sad they stopped manufacturing this vehicle as there is no other that can compare!"

Taking the good with the Bad?

By on Saturday, December 06, 2008

"Overall I find my Oldsmobile, Bravada to be great on some aspects, and quite poor in other areas. On the "Plus-Side" I live in the north, and I will say that this SUV is great in the snow, with the 4x4, and presumed weight of the automobile. Also, I enjoy having some of the luxuries you'd find in a luxury automobile such as my Cadillac DeVille. I'm able to enjoy heated leather seats in the Bravada, I have a towing Package which is nice, power everything, and for the most part comfortable to travel in, etc... However; I've noticed as the SUV is getting older, it sure seems to be making more noices, and is just a bit louder on the road now compared to when I first purchased this Bravada. Also, that new "SmartTrak" they're using, has broken twice since I've had it. I'd much prefer being able to engage the 4x4 manually, rather than relying on a computer to do this. One more thing...I do realize it is an SUV, but I've got to say, the gas mileage is just awful!! It seems I've got to fill the gas tank all the time. In actuallity I honestly get better gas mileage in my Cadillac than I do the Bravada!! Hope this helps...!! Frank"

Great Runner

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"Has been a great runner, usual maintainence issues. best when driven on the freeway. exterior still looks pretty good for over 200,000 miles on. only pinstripping. suggest to use ceremic for the brakes even though parts are expensive. tranny is still kicking, trailed many times."

Good little SUV

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"Have owned our 2000 Bravada for 4 years, bought it used with 61,000 on it. Loved the handling and the comforts of the higher end details in comparison with the Blazer. We initially had to have the Trans. worked on, (previous owner must have been hard on it...thank goodness we did opt for the extended warrenty) and had little repaired since. We drive long heavy loads with it and it keeps on going. Wish it would have had the third seat option back then...we are looking to replace it for more seating options now."

workhorse

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"This is my second Bravada (99). The first I traded had 250k miles. I bought this one with 36k and now have 167k. Have driven it everywhere in all conditions. Hauled lots of stuff and pulled a fully loaded trailer. Pretty much replaced only tires and brakes. The 4.3 V6 is indistructable. I'd still have no concerns driving anywhere in the U.S. Too bad the model was discontinuted."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Oldsmobile Bravada near Honolulu. See local deals