2000 Oldsmobile Alero

7.1

Based on 827 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

7.5/10
    7.4/10

Best Car I've ever owned

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "Engine is near perfect!"

Cons: "Only con is the placement of the drink holder!"

"I bought this car is 2004 with 12000 miles already on it. Since, in 8 years, I have added 125000 of my own miles. I have done almost NO work on the car! I had to recently replace the rack and pinion in the front axle, but besides that I have only done maintenance on the car (battery, tires, oil, etc). GM really hit it out of the park with the final installment of the Oldsmobile!"

2nd Alero

By on Saturday, October 27, 2007

"The '04 is the second we purchased. It is truly a different car than the '02---faster, more "sporty" but harsher ride, fewer MPG and features---4 speakers rather than 6 on the '02 and a totally differnt feel--more "sporty" and fun to drive. It was purchased used in Feb, '05 w/19,000 miles on it---currently has just turned 42,000. It was a GM Certified Used Car and that added miles and time to the standard warranty. Problems have been consistant---three radio/cd player replacements, all four window regulators have been replaced, windshield side moulding have been replaced at least twice and there have been a few other problems including interior trim tabs breaking, radio not turning off as it should when the ignition is off and the door opened, etc. At least we're on-record as having these problems and the dealership where it was purchased has been relatively easy to work with---so far. Now out of warranty (I did not buy the over-priced dealer-pushed extended warranty and wonder now if I should have), I'm willing to put in some $ but if it develops additional problems that are not cheap to fix, away it goes. I bought it as a "throw-away" paying under $10K knowing Olds was closing down and it wouldn't be worth much in trade. We liked the looks of the Alero over that of the Grand Am GT. Still, my son loves it, feels comfortable and safe in it and plans on keeping it for all four years of college...we'll see if it lasts that long. If Olds were still in business, I doubt I'd buy another but for now, our '04 V-6 GL is working for us."

Good car

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

"Got this car after i wrecked a truck. I heard bad things about it but they were wrong. Only things that have gone bad are the blower motor resister and the door speakers. Got the blinker switch replaced under warranty and I did some basic things myself. In think that this is all in all a good car that considering how hard I am on cars shouldn't be running, but still is. If you want a car that will run forever with no problem then buy something else. But this car is cheaap to maintain and very little has broken after 110,000 miles. The 4 cylinder is good on gas and runs strong. An average car that can last as long as you need it to."

A great Car

By on Saturday, May 17, 2008

"Purchased my 02 Alero GL1 New in Sept of 01. Currently have 92000 miles. It has been the most dependable car I've ever owned. Took to dealer ONCE during 5 year 60000 mile warranty to replace a plastic Cap on the drivers seatbelt (after I slammed the door on it!) Replaced front brake pads at 67000 miles, original tires at 75000 miles ( they still had 30 + % tread left, But I was worried they were getting too old), Battery at 82000 miles (0ver 6 years old) and recently had the problem with the defective emergency flasher switch causing the turn signals to operate erratically (fixed under warranty in 30 minutes). Over then oil and fluid changes thats it. Have the 2.2 ecotec four cylinder and average 28MPG with best of 32 and worst of 24. Exterior and interior still look new, no problems whatsoever. Am a neatnik (wife says obsessive-compulsive) and maintain the car. Still a great driver I would highly recommend."

owner

By on Monday, November 12, 2007

"bought alero new. second alero new purchase very dependable, pleasure to drive, handles great, lots of power, all wheel traction means no slipping or sliding on wet streets. mpg 22 city 26 hwy. great car!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Oldsmobile Alero near Honolulu. See local deals