2000 Oldsmobile Alero

7.1

Based on 819 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

7.6/10
    7.4/10

Decent little car...

By on Monday, July 09, 2012

Pros: "easy to work on, good price, looks great, no leaks"

Cons: "power window problems!"

"Im being lenient giving this car an 8, but Ive owned some really bad cars. Still own the car, have had it for over 7 years. Based on my experiences, This is a decent car in my opinion. However unlike TONS of other people, I take very good care of my vehicle. The good •Locked the brakes up and slammed sideways into a guard rail going 60 on the highway. Airbags didnt deploy, changed a tire and it drove home like a champ. Had to replace the inner and outer tire rod, control arm, and the right front fender. Somehow the door was not damaged? Working great. •Easy to work on •ZERO Engine/Transmission Problems •ZERO leaks, zero oil spots •For a little 4banger automatic, the acceleration is great. •Internal oil filter makes changing the oil a snap •No interior leakage[rain,ect] The Bad •Have had to replace the entire regulator assembly that operates power windows over FIVE TIMES(2 on passenger side 3 driver) •The black coating that outlines the buttons in the interior(radio,power locks,ect] is chipping off, making the car look pretty ugly when the lights are turned on. •Minor vibration in the steering wheel, resulting for a messed up engine mount, I do not have the means to fix this or the money to have it fixed. •Id expect better gas mileage from a 4 cylinder •My wipers came loose from the attachments that connect them to the wipermotor, have fixed this myself many times and once by a mechanic. To this day they still pop loose on their own if I accidentally hit the lever when the window isnt wet."

Owned for over 9 yrs

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

"I baught my 2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS in 2003 and have had it now for over 9 years. This car has been very reliable and has needed little up keep. Only recently have I needed to replace anything. The power windows went out in the front and I had to replace the motors for those. Coolant hose had to be replaced. Most recent several of my shocks/struts went out, but it is still drivable just a little bumpier ride. For an older car it has done very well and I am bummed that oldsmobiles are no longer made. Now Alero's make excellent first cars for the high-school or college kid. They get good gas mileage and are excellent quality for the price. So find one that someone has taken care of and scoop it up!"

Best Car I've ever owned

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "Engine is near perfect!"

Cons: "Only con is the placement of the drink holder!"

"I bought this car is 2004 with 12000 miles already on it. Since, in 8 years, I have added 125000 of my own miles. I have done almost NO work on the car! I had to recently replace the rack and pinion in the front axle, but besides that I have only done maintenance on the car (battery, tires, oil, etc). GM really hit it out of the park with the final installment of the Oldsmobile!"

Alero

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "Good price, shiny exterior, drives fast and smooth"

Cons: "The blinkers sometimes don't work"

"I have had this alero for 5 years, runs good, not many problems at all, always starts up, I would buy another Oldsmobile in the future, overall this car is a great value for the money!"

Very reliable, but a few nagging issues

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "Pretty reliable, economical vehicle that is sporty"

Cons: "Coupes rust; rattles and cup holders stink"

"Bought this used with 65k miles in 2008. Two door coupe. Base Eco-Tech 4 cyl. is very economical. At 110K, still on my original brakes both front and rear and hoses. Had to replace the drivers power window switch, broken passenger window regulator clips (plastic), fix rear defogger (easy fix is on the internet), serpentine drive belt and clean the turn signal contacts to stop a nagging, random "click click" while driving. I have only three major complaints: my rear lower quarters (behind the doors at the bottom) are rusting out, the car squeaks from the front sometimes on turns, and there is an intermittent rattle in the passenger side dash area, which I need to investigate and fix; lack of cup-holders is a bit of a nuisance. Overall, these are good cars and very, very easy to maintain. These make good daily commuter cars...have a friend who has over 200K on his ,99 Alero sedan and he's had few problems."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Oldsmobile Alero near Honolulu. See local deals