1995 Oldsmobile 98

Based on 75 Ratings for the 1991 - 1996 models.

Best Car Ever Purchased

By on Saturday, April 18, 2009

"I have a 95 supercharged model and love it. This is the best car I have ever owned. My first 98 was t-boned at 65 mph and my three kids and wife were able to walk away from the accident. Because of that, I bought my second one and have had it 7 years now and have only replaced the water pump, alternator and two fuel pumps. I currently have 267,000 miles on it and still use it as my commuter car 50 miles a day. EVERYTHING still works on it. Change the oil regularly is a big factor. IF this one wears out, I will replace it with another one. (I shouldn't say that they will be harder to find)"

best yet!

By on Saturday, May 09, 2009

"Best ALL around car I ever had! After 15 years, it's maintaining 20 mpg ..."

Love This Car!!

By on Sunday, March 22, 2009

"I bought this car off of Craigslist for 1000 and it was money well spent I have had it for a few months now with no problems. It drives like a dream. The only thing that needs to be replaced on this car is the rear struts because it bottoms out when I go over bumps other than that. It was money well spent. The car is worth 3000 and I only paid a grand so I am soo freaking happy. When I bought my first car which was a Chevy Cavalier I had problems almost as soon as I rode it off the lot. I see myself having my 98 Regency for many years to come. If you come across one of these cars BUY IT because I am told they last forever!!!!!"

Wonderful Motor Car

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"Bought this 98 four years ago with 37,000 miles on it (one owner - furnished me with complete history. Car now has 90,000 miles. With the exception of a water pump, no problems whatsever. Front brake pads at 65K, rear linings are still good for another 30K. Consistently get 30 - 32 MPG when traveling from York, Pennsylvania to St. Louis or Florida. My only cmplaint is the soft suspension. Car was built with the FE1 suspension, and should have had the FE2. Someday I'll replace the front struts for better handling. To be candid, I'll drive the car until either the transmission or engine blows up. The 3.8 liter engine will last forever (I think), but who knows about the transmission. When it is detailed, it still looks new - no rust, etc. Without a doubt the most wonderful (comfortable, economical and dependable) automobile I have ever owned. And, I say that as a retired Cadillac salesman (who incidentally could well afford a new Lucerne)."

Buy one if you find one available

By on Sunday, January 30, 2011

"Best car I have driven. Bought it from a dealer for $3,000 in 2006 and it has run like a dream. Good gas mileage, almost 400 miles on a tank of gas & do regular oil changes every 2,500 to 3,000 miles, & is now starting to burn a quart betweew oil changes. It is now almost 16 years old and has aproximately 158,000 miles. Great on short trips and long highway miles. With plenty of room for getting in and out of the car, especially for the elderly. My trouble light is on constantly since 2006, had it checked by my mechanic -could find nothing wrong, it's still on and no problems. The leather seats are hot in the summer, I use a cushion to sit on. My mechanic said it's a good car and should go well over 200,000 mile. One thing I do not like is the windshield washers sit low in from of the car and fill with leaves, and ice, so cleaning out the area by the wipers is essential for have the windshield wipers work properly. During the winter they freeze up with ice, as my care in outside, so must warm up quite a while. I still recommend this vehicle, even in the used state, since they no longer make them."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Oldsmobile 98 near Honolulu. See local deals