1996 Oldsmobile 88

8.4

Based on 236 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

Fantastic Car

By on Friday, January 25, 2008

"I've owned this car for almost a year now, and love it very much. It's a very strong, well built, styling luxury car great for a family. It drives and handles excellent in the snow and rain better than any car I've ever owned. Plus, this car has never leaked a drop of oil or any type of fluid ever since I've owned it. I like this car better than my Pontiac Transport Mini Van. I would encourage anyone to own a Oldsmobile Delta 88. Parts are also still available and for the price and dependability, it can't be beat."

Best GM Production Car

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pros: "Great Handling"

Cons: "NONE"

"I have a Bright White 88 with 168000 miles and it runs like new. I bought this car used in 2000 and the only thing I had to change was the radiator and some cylinder head gaskets. Great Car. Love the mileage and engine. This car's a BOSS."

Be careful of 3800 Engine

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"Think twice about buying this vehicle with the 3800 engine in it. There is a problem with the upper intake manifold at the EGR valve "burning" through. This causes coolant to leak into the engine. It has happened 3 times on the one we own -@ 42K miles and again at 90K & 125K. Dealer could not explain this. Repair will cost $500+."

this IS my father's Oldsmobile

By on Friday, May 09, 2008

"This full-size sedan matches many compacts for mileage at 26 MPG mixed (city / hwy). 138,000 miles with minimal maintenance surprises. GM got the 4-speed auto trans right on this model - no issues. Good power to pass on highways, acceptable handling with a comfortable ride, quiet and comfortable on long trips. Six seatbelts and yes, you can carry six people (as long as they get along real well!) Huge trunk. Unexciting styling."

Very reliable car

By on Friday, July 17, 2015

Pros: "Very reliable, safe, cheap"

Cons: "sucks a lot of gas"

"Thanks to the Oldsmobile 88, I can always got where I was supposed to go. I parked outside in the below zero weather and it always started. There was a little mishap with the battery cable, but it was never a huge deal, since it was fixable on the spot when it came loose. It had some cosmetic issues such as no AC or radio, but I think that comes with age. Unfortunately, it sucks a lot of gas due to age and the fact that the engine is a V6. But, it is a reliable car for a teenager and is safe. Highly recommend!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Oldsmobile 88 near Honolulu. See local deals