2011 Nissan Xterra

Based on 476 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Fun and Reliable

By on Monday, August 2, 2010

"I bought my 2006 in 2008 and haven't had a a single problem with it. After having it for 2 years, I can only think of a few minor things I would change about the truck and they are quite petty in my opinion. 1) the driver side a/c vent air flow is blocked by the steering wheel (or maybe my height is the problem). 2) The rear seats cant be folded down flat without adjusting the incline of the front seats. Going back and fourth between all 4 doors to put the seats down is inconvenient. Other than that, the truck is super comfy, rides great, does really well off road, and looks sporty while being a functional SUV. It hauls my great dane and german shepherd wonderfully as well. I get about 17 mpg and I drive A LOT and typically over the speed limit so 17mpg seems acceptable to me. It cleans up easily and I never worry about having a mechanical malfunction, even at 90K miles. Go get one!"

Great Truck

By on Friday, June 4, 2010

"This is a Great Truck and Great Value. It's a truck not a tall station wagon. I like the solid truck ride. I averaged 21.8 MPG on a 400 mile trip (90% highway). Great cargo room. Lots of storage space."

2006 Xterra 4X4 review

By on Sunday, March 29, 2009

"Great beast for off-road duties. I patiently waited to sell off my 1996 Isuzu Trooper 4wd for the Nissan. It was worth the wait. I couldn't afford a new one at $27+K. Now I've acquired an '06 for $13K out the door, with 46K miles on it and plenty to go. It has a simple yet durable interior that is suited to me just fine. The off-road package wasn't equipped on this one, so I purchased the skid plates and installed them myself (easy bolt-on job). I've lifted it 4" (3" suspension/1" body) to clear 33" BFG K/O Mud tires. Fantastic off-road ability and the 4" of increased track from the BFG's has provided a very stable ride. The aftermarket suspension/body lift really made all the difference off-road, along with those great BFG's. My next mods will be front and rear air lockers and rocker panel sliders. She's been a good beast to me, with apx. 16mpg. Heck, my '96 Trooper got 16mpg with a 190HP engine and similar off-road abilities, so I'm not disappointed at all with the mpg's. Now's the time to buy the Xterra, and save yourself $17K over new. No need to buy new unless money is no object."

USED BEST BET

By on Sunday, October 12, 2008

"I purchased this 2006 Xterra S used in June 06 after my pickup was involved in a crash. I needed something to tow my 3500lb boat and also give me a safe feeling on the road. This was my 3rd generation Xterra but first used(prior rental). The drivetrain is better than ever, fuel mileage with synthetic oil runs around 22-23 mpg. Towing my boat uphill is never a problem, the vehicle seats due give a little back ache on long trips, we are in late 50's. Would buy a fourth Xterra! Only repair in over 40000miles has been battery."

Never Felt Safer!

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "safe,comfortable,roomy,good on all terrains"

Cons: "city miles per gallon aren't awesome"

"I have driven MANY cars and I have never felt more safe in a car then when I drive my 2007 Xterra. I have never had any major issues with this this car. I can drive in the snow/rain/ice and never feel like the roads are too dangerous. The truck is stable in all conditions and I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for an SUV. It doesn't have the best gas mileage for city/suburban drivers..but if that is the only down fall on this truck(and i think it is) then it is absolutely worth buying!!!<3 this truck!"