2011 Nissan Xterra

Based on 477 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Love my XTerra!

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Great price, smooth ride"

"Have not had any problems with this vehicle. Drives very smooth and I have had sooo many compliments on it!"

just what I expected from Nissan

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "Much more ready muscle than I expected"

Cons: "MPG would be a dissapointment if I was a worker B"

"I've been driving an Infinity I-30 for 10 years and decided that since I am now retired I wanted to have some fun. I live on a canal near the beach, have a boat, own some other goodies which this model is very adaptive to. We have been "buying and holding" Nissans, Infinity, and Datsuns since the early 70s. With few exceptions I have never had a negative experience with these machines. They deliver what you expect for the money and more with dependability as my highest priority. They keep getting better looking year by year too."

Love my truck!

By on Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pros: "All around perfect SUV."

"I purchased new in 08', Xterra S. 2WD, and 6 speed manual. I average 22mpg running the ac or not, this truck will go through the winters in NC with ease. No mechanical problems, only servicing and the stock tires went over 60,000 ! I have been more satisfied with this vehicle than any other I've owned in over 25 years of driving. It appears to hold its residual value very well, only $4500 less value than the purchase price after 3 years of ownership!"

I Love This Truck

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "Tons of fun to drive."

Cons: "The famous "milkshake of death""

"I have owned my Xterra for over a year and I love it. The truck rides smooth, and handles great both on road and off road. We put over 20,000 miles on it in the first year vacation and family trips. And heading up north for Christmas with no worries because the 4 wheel drive on this truck will get you there. There are some minor problems with the design, but with a little research and elbow grease you can remedy these problems and have an eXcellent truck. The first problem is the auto transmission/radiator "milkshake of death" where the auto trany fluid eats the bottom of the rad out mixing the fluid and blowing the transmission. This can be fixed by doing a radiator by-pass. There is a extra stock trany cooler on the truck so there are no ill effects. The second problem is if you tow a lot the rear springs can wear out. All you have to do is get some after market springs bolt them on and you are good to go. Still with it's flaws I will buy another Xterra, even looking for one for my wife."

Better than Advertised!!

By on Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"Yes, it's not the best on gas, but still better than others. I have a 2007 Off Road. I get 18.2mpg highway and City I get 17.1 mpg, even when on the farm putting it through the ringer I average 15.4 mpg. This vehicle is exactly as advertised, rugged, drives like a truck, takes a beating, haul your kids, dogs, mud covered bikes and cleans up ready for the highway or a nice day on the mountain. If you buy this vehicle expecting something other then a rugged SUV built to get you there, no matter what situation, than go buy something else. It's not luxury, nor is it advertised as such, so the reviews talking about quality and looking at an X5 or MDX, please, look at the what vehicle is made for and compare it to it's equals. This vehicle is the best vehicle I have owned, hands down, not a bad list: 2010 BMW 135i, 2009 C350, 2004 350ZR, 2007 Nissan Maxima, 2001 Toyota Echo, 1995 Ford F150. Looking to buying a replacement 2011 or 2012 in 10 months...:)"

Puts the SPORT back in SUV

By on Thursday, January 27, 2011

"2005 Xterra Off Road 4x4 is quite possibly the most capable SUV that really means business no matter where the road leads you. Comfortable and quiet on the road, unstoppable when the pavement ends, and makes even part time off-roaders look like they know what they're doing. 90k miles on it and still running as well as the day it was new. Gets 20+ mpg on the highway and 17-18 in the city or on the trails. It's definitely tough, but comfortable... a rare combination. Not long on frills... it's like the ads used to say... everything you need... nothing you don't. When this needs to be replaced it will be with another X for sure... I just hope they still make them when that time comes!"

Reliable

By on Saturday, January 15, 2011

"This is a very reliable car! I have owned it for 3 years. I bought it used. I have only done the normal matenience, oil changes, and brakes. It is a great ride on the interstate, but bumpy on rough roads. A truck ride. A little difficult to get in back seat. Not a great family car for that reason only. I would recommend this car!"

Great Value,Little Comfort

By on Monday, June 7, 2010

"I have owned the O/R Xterra for going on 3 years now and have many great things and not soo great things about this SUV. Great powertrain for on and off road, during the east coast winter storms of 09 I tried to get stuck and never did. I have taken about 4 road trips of over 600 miles and I can tell you it can pack a lot a gear but after a couple hours the very non-supportive seats start to hurt the lower back. Great for gear hauling and fun for offroading but if you want some comfort look elsewhere."

Best off-road I've owned

By on Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"I have shipped it to Greece(early 20060), and used it there for serious off-roading. It takes me to places where roads and goats are non-existent and brings me back safely, in style and securely. It does make heads turn and not only because the Xterra is not produced in Europe; in Greece, aside from mine(a 2005 SE model)I only met another one(2003 model) and it was like a long lost-relative reunion. On the highway, I take it up to 110 mi/hr(yes!)and it feels as if I'm doing only(!)85 mi/hr. Great for long hauls, or about town[not the Greek towns where streets/roads are suitable only for small(er)cars],with or without the family! Go get yourselves one!!!You won't be disappointed...on the contrary. Ans as for maintenance:I have 29,000 miles on it and only oil changes,air filter and some windshield wipers have been changed; and the windshield, broken by falling rocks on a mountain. P.S. My daughter owns a 2002 SE and she is just as happy with hers as I am with mine."

Awesome bang for the buck!

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"I love my 2009 Xterra Off- Road. It was between this and the FJ but the FJ had too many blind spots, low drivers seating, felt flimsy and less power than the Xterra. I took my 09 Xtera to Oregon last year and it plowed over some deep snowed on roads in Portland like nothing. I love the power, interior styling and simplicity of only what you need. The Fosgate sound system is great and the bang for the buck factor can't be beat. Fyi, it rides like a truck...because it is so don't expect a Cadillac ride if you expect to off road it. With that said, it has good road manners and crisp steering. It's great and I love it. Only complaint; where is the outside temp. gauge???"