2011 Nissan Xterra

Based on 421 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

It does what it is meant to do very well!

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Great Offroad and easy to clean, Nice unique look"

Cons: "Bad Fuel Economy"

"I've had my Xterra for two years now. So far the only issues I've had have been a window regulator and I needed a new 4wheel drive switch. All covered under warranty The vehicle is what it is. It is a utilitarian off-roader. It does great off road and in the snow(with proper tires). The inside is basic and easy to clean. The leather seat are comfortable enough. The Rockford fosgate stereo sounds great. Overall the gas milage has ranged from high 15 to low 17 average although I did get a average of 20 on a long drive out of Vermont. I hope this helps. If you have looking for an Off road SUV in the price range there is nothing better."

Solid SUV, fun to drive

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Sporty and agile, fun to drive"

Cons: "Arm rests would be nice"

"I bought this new in 2008. I just got back from a 6000 mile cross country drive. It handled dirt, ice, snow, slush and cruised comfortably across 17 states. A good off roader in its stock form. Its a bit small to sleep in comfortably for me. Heading east I got a high of 24 mpg thanks to a pretty constant tail wind. Usually get about 20 on the freeway. It now has about 45,000 miles and hasn't had any recalls or problems. The Vehicle Dynamic Control saved me a couple times. Once when I had to swerve around a parked truck on the freeway doing 60mph. Another time when I was hit on the rear passenger door doing about 50. The only thing my S model lacks is outdoor temp gauge and a compass built into the review mirror and a 6 CD changer. All things that could be added but my previous Ford SUVs had those features and I do like them. They are probably available on the SE and offroad model. I never thought I would keep her this long but I still like the body style, the power and handling. I've only done oil changes, tire rotations and had the coolant system flushed. Brakes are still good. This is my first Nissan or import for what its worth, it was built in Tennessee."

Best kept secret in SUV's, best value hands down.

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "Price, Ride, Power, Capability, Value, features"

Cons: "Zero luxury options to choose from"

"Ride is firm, responsive, and super quiet. Interior is comfortable with necessary accessories like power windows, locks, cruise control, great sound system, 4WD shift on the fly, power locks, tilt steering. Nothing fancy. Engine power is great, exhaust note is really sweet, handling is quick and responsive and it corners very well (with the understanding this is a 4000lb tall SUV not a sports car). I love it, and where else can you get into a mid sized SUV with a 260hp V6 for less than 35,000? A couple of things I wish were standard equipment: Auto mirror with compass would have been nice, and how about some delay off on the headlights or even automatic headlights, not a lot of electronics to add that. If you're into heated leather seats this isn't your vehicle, in fact not even available, but if you want a very capable vehicle for the best price on the market with a great ride and comfortable cabin this is for you. If they would actually advertise these things I'm sure they could sell a heck of a lot more than they do!"

Not quite what I was looking for

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "Looks good."

Cons: "over 100,000 not reliable. At all."

"I bought this vehicle used with 98,000 miles. At 101,000 the catalytic converter failed 600$). at 107,000 the radiator failed (250$). at 110,000 the transmission failed (2,900$). at 116,000, camshaft positioning sensor failed (160$). All that in the first 2 years I owned the vehicle."

Fun & easy vehicle to drive.

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

"Bought new. Love, love it. Has off road pkg. & I have gone off road many times. Never let me down. Love hill holder & hill decent control. Plenty of power & rides ok for short wheelbase vehicle. Not an economy car. Gas mileage 12 - 19. Fit & finish are excellent. Interior is plastic but very easy to maintain. Styling needs refreshing. Overall the best car I have ever owned."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25