2011 Nissan Xterra

Based on 421 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Reliable and practical; mileage could be better

By on Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Pros: "Tough, trouble free and does it all"

Cons: "By today's standards gass mileage is low (16-21)"

"My Xterra 4x4 has been one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. For reliability and do-anything capability I doubt it can be beat. I've done serious off-roading with it in Moab (with a 2" lift and off-road tires) and towed trailers (max weight about 4K lbs) for hundreds of miles. It's always done the job with power and comfort to spare. Never had a repair other than the radiator fan clutch went out at about 95K (replaced it with electric and get about 1/2 mpg better). With 104K I'm selling it while it's still worth a bit since I drive so little now and don't need off-road capability. It still looks and drives like new."

Great car

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "Look, functionality, price, endurance, reliability"

Cons: "Gas mileage (closer to the lower end of the range)"

"I had a 2004 Xterra SE for four years before purchasing my new 2011 Pro-4x Xterra. This car is unbelievable. My 2004 lasted 40k+ miles with little more than 3-5k mile oil changes, and was still in good condition when I traded it in. Loved the car, and was dead set on another one because of the reliability, look, and functionality. The Pro-4x carries a higher price tag than the S and X models, and while off-road functionality (yet to be seen) is said to improve with this model, the Pro-4x add-ons are mostly only noticed by the most avid of off-roaders (save the leather, and sound system). While the other models are cheaper, the fully loaded Pro-4x is cheaper or comparable with lesser models of the Jeep, FJ Cruiser, or 4 Runner. Maine winters are very rough, and being a skier/snowboarder, I tend to push my car to the limit in the winter. The Xterra handled every situation in mud, snow, sleet, rain, without issue. In the softening world of crossovers, the Xterra and Wrangler stand alone in look, feel, and performance. The market may be shrinking for these types, but if you are looking for an athletic SUV ready to handle any situation and priced fairly, look no further."

Won't buy another

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "Versatile car"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage , Faulty parts, no Nissan support"

"Original owner of a 2006. I bought this as my first Nissan based on a recommendation of a family member who use to own a Sentra. I really like the SUV, style, truck frame, all the different uses I get out of it and it's my only vehicle. My biggest issue is the fact the engine light is on more than off in the lifetime of the vehicle. Right after the warranty expired the fuel sensor went out and Nissan wouldn't help me replace it. Ok, warranty I get it. But then I saw lots of other Xterras with the same problem. After I spent $500 to fix that the engine light came back on and all 4 catalytic converters went out at 82,000 miles. I can't smog my car in California with out replacing and the quotes I got are around $4000 for all 4. That's a California thing since they are very expensive in this state. Then the transmission started acting funny and about that time I got a class action notice in the mail about some replacement money to help, but you can't have more than 100,000 miles and again I was just past that at 102,000. So I spent $800 fixing the leaky radiator which cause the damage to the transmission. After arguing with Nissan telling them they have put faulty parts in the Xterras and won't help out money wise with the bad parts I give up and will never buy a Nissan again. It's too bad because I really like the vehicle just not worth putting lots of extra money into fixing it all the time. My old Toyota went 300,000 with very little repairs and expense. Humm. Maybe my next one again. I don't feel Nissan backs up their cars in a reasonable mount of time to support car failures! Great car if you just want to park it most of the time."

Love this SUV

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Great price, easy ride, decent gas mileage"

Cons: "None that come to mind"

"Love my Xterra - so much so that I let my brother drive it while I was away for a month. I came back and he had bought one of his very own!"

Great offroad and snow traveling truck.

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "No place this vehicle will not take you."

Cons: "The gas mileage is low."

"The Xterra Offroad edition is the best all round offroad and adverse weather vehicle. With traction control, descent control and on the fly 4x4 this truck has taken me through the most demanding offroad environment. the engine has a timing chain (not a belt) which means no expensive timing belt repairs or service. I feel this truck will have a service life of 20 years with out any major financial expenditures."

I LOVE this vehicle!

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, very capable"

Cons: "no auxillary port, lumbar support lacking"

"I bought my Xterra new and I have loved it since then. I got the base model....all I wanted was something with 4WD that didn't cost a ton. I had a minor electrical issue (door wouldn't lock with the clicker) a few months after purchase but Nissan fixed it, hassle free. I haven't had a single issue since then! This vehicle has held it's value and is great! I've taken it snowboarding, hiking, you name it. I love the outdoors and I love knowing that my car can handle it. The few downfalls are that the seats don't have great lumbar support, there isn't a mirror in the passenger visor, and there isn't an auxillary port. The first two were easy fixes (I bought a vehicle lumbar attachment and also a clip in mirror for under $20) but the auxillary port is just ANNOYING. Why would a new car not have that? Anyway, this car is great!"

The Xterra Life- All else is second best

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, roomy, practical!"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"As a tour manager and producer I am on the road 50% of my year - living out of the vehicle at various concerts and festivals. This vehicle has been my lifeline to comfort and safe travel. Completely reliable for a girl on the road, able to haul small loads as I need (asmall trailers and the like), and the volume of cargo room has always been more than enough for my needs. By taking it to the dealership for service I have had complete confidence in its reliability and longevity. When I had one issue concerning the transmission / radiator warranty, Nissan and my dealership worked with me to get the repairs I needed covered. I am sold on this vehicle and this company- and it looks awesome too!"

Good Value

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "Good value for the price."

Cons: "Need a little more interior space for the driver."

"Overall I am very satisfied with this SUV. It has been very reliable, has a strong engine and smooth shifting transmission. The interior is not very attractive, a great deal of plastic but the upside is that it is easy to clean and maintain. I personally find the seating to be just a little cramped for someone who is 6'2" tall but with the seat all the way back space is adequate. A very solid, reliable SUV."

Fun but gas hungry

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "Off road capability, space, power."

Cons: "Fuel consumption, multiple minor mechanical issues"

"Fun to drive. It's been back to the dealer a few times for various little problems. I've got just under 25,000 miles on it and there's an occasional tapping sound in the front suspension when turning. The rear suspension is making a creaking noise after the vehicle is warmed up. My biggest complaint is the amount of fuel it uses. I average 14MPG city. With that type of fuel "economy" you might as well be driving an Escalade. I do enjoy the amount of power and acceleration available. Would have been nice if an aux in port for mp3 players were included as standard equipment but an after market stereo fixed that fairly easily."

The mud puppy!!

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Alot of vehicle for the price...and it's a beast!!"

Cons: "mpg and no mp3 jack"

"The main reason I bought my 2011 xterra was to get me thru the central florida mud, i live 4 miles of the the nearest paved road and have to get thru several mud holes to get in and out of my property. I wanted a jeep but the were around $10,000 more than what a paid for my xterra. Well i think i made a wise choice, i absolutely love it. It rides like a dream on the paved roads and gets thru the mud hole in 2WD i havn,t needed 4WD yet, but if a hurricane blows thru here i'm sure i will. It's real comfortable for me as i'm not a big guy. I can't comment on reliability yet as i've only owned it a few months...but so far so good. I think it's a good lookin SUV and one of only a few options if you want a REAL 4x4 suv. My big con besides the MPG, which is well documented here is the lack of an mp3 jack in the base model, but thats real minor."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25