2011 Nissan Xterra

Based on 438 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

A good 4x4, especially on slick roads, we like it

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "great handling on slick roads, spunky"

Cons: "poor storage in front:pens, sunglasses, tablet,etc"

"We have a 2007,drive it in 4x4 for months at a time, in snow/ice, and average almost 20,000 miles/year. Can't understand others' mileage numbers: we consistently get 20 mpg. It is a manual, so maybe that's the difference. Don't like the lack of storage in the front seat. room for coffee cups and that's it. Took out the back seats long ago, have hauled lots of cargo in it, even 8' lumber. Very few mechanical problems; but the gas gauge went bad.Very irritating. Back to dealer only once in 7 years for work."

Never Again

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Looks, ruggedness"

Cons: "Really poor quality"

"My Xterra has been a money drain since I purchased it new in 2006. I am a 40+ year old mother with a husband and two young boys - we're not hard on a vehicle. I've replaced several serpentine belts, the heat/ac switch, the alternator, radiator, drivers window motor, in-tank fuel filter, rear hatch lock, U-bolts and one and on. Of late, I replaced a cracked radiator and am currently trying to save the transmission which has radiator fluid running through it (a very common Xterra issue). I love it's looks both inside and out and the gas mileage is pretty good for its class, but I'll absolutely never ever purchase another Nissan. It's too unreliable and costly."

Sturdy, inexpensive SUV that may need some upkeep.

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

Pros: "Sturdy, drives like a truck."

Cons: "Bumpy, expensive repairs inevitable"

"There's no frills when it comes to an Xterra. It's a sturdy, fairly reliable SUV that can get you where you need to go. Throw your EPA mileage out the window. I average 15-16 driving conservatively. Pre-2008 autos have a serious problem with the trans cooler that can blow your transmission, and Nissan only warranties it to 70k, leaving repair costs to the vehicle owner."

awesome fun to drive

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "Great Price- great looks- fun to drive"

"Second xterra that I have owned! Love the size and the way it handles. Very dependable and just what I needed. Controls are basic but I did not want a BMW that is why I went back to my 4WD Xterra. If you want a dependable suv with good looks and all the power you need. I highly recommend !!"

Great OffRoad Vehicle Plus Daily Driver-05 6spS4x4

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "Affordable, Great Off-Road Capabilities."

Cons: "Gas Mileage, Back seat space room"

"Please know, this SUV/Truck is very basic. One review I read said, "everything you need, nothing you don't." This is very true. Simple in necessities which is great for me. I don't need anything fancy. Great hauling ability and great trunk and over head space. I have had this 2005 Nissan Xterra S, 6SPD, 4x4 for a year now. I bought it with 103k in miles. I now have 114k in miles. We had a rough winter and this vehicle helped move me and my family around with no issues. The 4WD really helps get through some tough thick snow with ZERO problem. Having this vehicle in 6spd stick is great because you can move in and out of problem situations and is actually pretty peppy for a V6 265hp vehicle. This Xterra will move when you want it too. I did have to replace the rotors/brake pads but this is normal. I didn't have the service records but since then everything has been great. I also replaced tires with what was recommended, BF Goodrich Radials T/A. Ride is smooth and clean. I did get cloth seats which on long road trips are not very comfortable, I would suggest a seat cushion. Other than that, the X-Terra has exceeded my expectations. I believe this can go to 240k in miles. You just must keep up the regular preventative maintenance and it should be fine. One Con that I wish I could change, for the size of this vehicle, the backseat space could be larger. I would allow for a little less trunk space for more backseat legroom. Maybe similar to the pathfinder in space size."