2011 Nissan Xterra

Based on 421 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

My favorite SUV of all I've owned

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Size, handling, feels very solid, looks"

Cons: "Only 18 mpg, key fob alarm too sensitive"

"Bought new in Dec 2009 and have put a lot of miles on it. Currently has 114,500 and I have yet to put brakes on it - which is unbelievable. Get regular maintenance done every 5,000 and I'm coming to the end of my second set of tires. Plan to get 200,000 on it before I trade it in for another one. I really like it."

Like this model body style.

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "High enough to see ahead of the car in front."

Cons: "Driver seat uncomfortable long distance."

"The Xterra was exactly what I expected and wanted."

Good suv, great powerful engine, poor gas mileage

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Power, styling, cofortable, roomy"

Cons: "poor mpg, cheaply made, bad brakes, common probems"

"Not the same Nissan since Renault bought them out. Very nice suv, but cheaply made, alot of common problems, fuel gauge sensor, blower motor resistor, terrible brakes, paint chips easily, rusts quickly. Would take a 95 pathfinder over this xterra anyday, pathfinder has way better 4wd. Rear lower door seals fall off poor design, antenna in bad location for cleaning snow off of windshield, rear bumper poor design, too close to tailgate, freezes up in winter. VDC not good for offroad."

Versitile, roomy, very reliable, poor gas mileage.

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Reliability; Versatility; Comfort"

Cons: "MPG"

"Being 6'2" and a physical therapist I like that I can easily sit with good posture, comfortably in the xterra. Bought the car new over 5 years ago. The reliability and versatility are what stand out to me. I feel as though I have driven it pretty hard for 85k miles and have only had one strut fixed (under warranty), one set of new tires put on, and routine oil changes. In my mind, the truck still feels new. Carrying my road bike around in the back with the seats down was a plus and the truck has been very convenient for multiple road trips, even if the gas mileage isn't the best. Avg 18 miles combined, driving about 75/25 city/highway. Haven't really gotten over 20 highway. I have since bought a civic for business purposes but find it hard to sell this truck as I think it will be tough to find a more reliable vehicle out there."

perfect for active living with kids, dog, gear!

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "powerful, compact, simple, practical, super fun!"

Cons: "stiff ride, no extra space inside (not roomy)"

"Just upgraded my older Xterra (2002) to a 2014 Pro-4x. I can't think of anything that is missing in this model! The upgrades are perfect down to the last detail. The engine is much more powerful and is super spunky on the HWY. I love the heated leather seats and the plastic vs carpet in the back storage area. The matts in the back seat area cover the middle hump which keeps the carpet from wearing. This vehicle will be easy to keep clean! It has every 'techy' convenience but doesn't look busy and cluttered. The back seats fold down perfectly flat so we can sleep in the vehicle on road trips if needed. There are more storage compartments in this model for 'stuff' and they are really well designed. The vehicle is wider and feels much roomier. The driver and passenger seats also have more leg room. I have always loved the Xterra for it's rugged design and sporty look. We live out in a rural area and deal with lots of snow and crazy road conditions. I've never had a problem. I also drive logging roads a fair bit in the pursuit of adventure...This vehicle handles well and can literally go places that no other vehicle can. It's pretty amazing! I would have liked to get the built in DVD players for the back seats...that's still to come :) It is for sure a 'stiffer' ride than many of the SUV/crossover vehicles that offer a smoother highway drive but you quickly get used to the feel of it and it's worth it when you look at the trade offs. It's truly the best vehicle for family adventuring in alap seasons with kids, the dog and lots of gear!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25