2011 Nissan Xterra

Based on 442 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Great/ 2006 Xterra XTE 2WD, Tan/Gold, Reliable

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "Great price, Fun to drive, Will be sad to sell"

Cons: "One cupholder in the back needs repair"

Tires basically brand new

"Xterra XTE 2006 2WD Very Good/ Excellent New Tires less than a year ago Most service records Recent oil change Never needs work/ Runs Great/ Always reliable Mileage 165,539 (all highway miles, owner #1 and #2 were both Sales Reps.) Since both owners were sales reps. all oil changes and services were always maintained promptly Sony Stereo Am/ FM/ CD/ Bluetooth/ Auxillary/ USB Port AC/ Heater/ EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT! Never been wrecked Extra heavy duty rubber mat for back 3 cigarette/ power Hydrolic Jack/ Work Light Xterra Net Safety Kit"

Tires basically brand new

My Next Vehicle Will Definitely Be Another Xterra

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, excellent pep, very reliable"

Cons: "bit of a gas guzzler"

"I have a 2006 Xterra S with some added features (tow package, side rails, cargo cover, cargo grocery organizer, and cross rails) and still love my Xterra like I did when I first brought her home. She's reliable! In her life, I've only ever had to standard maintanence. No reason to have had to take her in to "The Shop". I love this SUV! It's a huge blessing when you need to haul stuff! Fold the rear seats down, take out the cargo extras (if you have 'em) and you have more room than the bed of a small truck! This truck is rugged, yet sexy and sofistocated, and the interior is so quiet, you hear very little road noise, especially in comparison to other SUVs I've ridden in. (Kia, Saturn, & Dodge. As quiet as Chevy/GMC and Lexus!) While this year doesn't have the rear-seat air conditioning (not sure if the new ones do yet) but I've never had a complaint from the back seat about air flow. And Texas Summers can get crazy hot! Even though my sound system is the standard one, it's really pretty good for being a factory radio. I love how it thumps. Although, being an avid music lover, I would prefer a sound system upgrade. Did I mention she still captures my eye? I love how this SUV doesn't look like the others. It doesn't read soccer mom at all! The only issues I have is the front left tire pressure gauge quit working 3 years ago and she can be a bit of a gas guzzler, which can make long commutes more expensive. (53 miles round trip 5 days/wk) I made a vow that I would keep my Xterra for at least 10 years and she's well on her way to meeting and exceeding that goal! If for any reason I decided to buy a different vehicle, my next vehicle will still be the Nissan Xterra. Love it!!!!!"

Powerful When Needed

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Competitive price, fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "Seat comfort, excessive speed in 1 Low"

"The Xterra S series had the hauling capacity we needed to build a home, the power needed to get up mountains weekly for skiing and hiking, and the lower price we wanted to pay compared to similar SUVs. While building our home in another town, I was returning to our current home alone late on a winter night. I was almost to the top of a mountain pass at 10,000' or so and had to pull off to relieve myself. Because there was 3' of new snow I could not see the deep ditch I pulled into until it was too late. The Xterra was banked at quite an angle. I attempted to pull forward a few times but the off-road front tire could not jump the embankment. After a moment of panic and review of my options, I threw the Xterra into 4 Low, gunned it in reverse and spun the steering wheel so the back tires could jump the embankment. This was risky because if it didn't work my front tires would now be in the ditch. But it worked! Strangely enough the front and rear tires had enough power to push me out but not pull me out. Being a female by myself in this remote area under these conditions late at night was scary, buy my Xterra got me out of this bind for which I'll be forever grateful. There are lots of useful gadgets on the S model that help with hauling, tying down, getting in, reorganizing, etc. Highly recommend Yokihama Geolander ATS tires for this car for all season/all terrain use. Items I've noticed that need improvement: 1) The seats, as usual like in 99% of cars, are very uncomfortable on both seat and back. The only car seats I've ever thought were comfortable in both front and back seats were my 1998 Aurora and 2005 Cadillac. I don't understand why manufacturers cheat on the comfort of seats and backs considering they are used 100% of the time. We are now looking for replacement seats by another manufacturer to improve comfort after using seat cushions and lumbar inserts for eight years. 2) While the Xterra has great traction, control, and clearance, when descending steep grades and using 1 Low to reduce speed and use of brakes, the Xterra still wants to speed up to about 20mph-too fast on steep grades and curves. The engine should slow the car down to 12mph max so the driver can control the Xterra without brakes."

Fun to drive but few options available

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, power, 4WD system, fun to drive."

Cons: "Few options, liftgate doesn't split"

"Pretty much a bare bones car. Has good power and excellent 4WD. But luxury options are few. No sunroof available for example. Very reliable though. Nissans are known to last. The fact that the liftgate doesn't split can be annoying. There are plenty of cubby holes for storage. 6 cup holders in all is very helpful. 2 glove boxes also comes in handy. Not the best mileage however."

Great get up and go power for all terrains!

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great handling on all terrains."

Cons: "More durable upholstery."

"Great handling SUV but not friendly at the gas pump when driving the hills and mountains of VA. It has a recall for radiator to transmission mixing r/i transmission failure. We had that problem fixed. Nissan needs to put more durable upholstery in this SUV as the seats wear too quickly. Overall a good car."