2010 Nissan Xterra

Based on 477 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Off-road Ninja Hauler

By on Thursday, February 10, 2011

"The 2006 model Xterra won Car and Driver's SUV of the year, and for a reason! In stock form this is a very capable Off-road SUV. Get the Off-road package with rear locker, and 4X4 and it's near impossible to get stuck. What really sets the Xterra apart is it's overall versatility. The Wranger is better off-road, but not by a large amount. The Xterra is probably the 2nd best off-road vehicle (in stock form). Now let's compare them on-road. Both vehicles are more utilitarian in nature, but the Xterra is a much more civilized and comfortable on pavement. I've put over 60k miles on mine, and do not regret my decision. So that you know I'm not blind fan boy, here are the cons: 1. Cheap plastic interior (can stratch easy) 2. Rear seats entry/exit is tight. 3. Ride is trucklike 4. Gas milage suffers with 4X4 and big tires Pros: 1. Impressive turning radius 2. Plenty of power 3. Plenty of technology (Traction Control, HIll descent assist, incline brake release, active braking limited slip, electronic rear locker) 4. Off-road capability, civilized in town."

I Love This Car

By on Sunday, October 31, 2010

"I have an 05 with almost 100K miles and it still looks and drive likes new. No major repairs needed minus 30K, 60K, 90K scheduled stuff. I pretty much plan on owning this car forever. Would recommend to anyone. Only complaint, the back seat is hard to get in and out of due to the rear wheel well."

Best Vehicle of Choice

By on Saturday, June 26, 2010

"I bought a 2007 X, S new off the lot with no miles. For the most part i have enjoyed this suv, lets be real it has power, its sharp looking and even though i replaced the factory tires with toyo's almost a month after i bought it, it rides great the MPG went from 19 to 24 on the hiway after i changed tires and stayed with the 100% gas and no eth. i have pulled our 22ft ski b. with no prob. its has yet to fail me when i needed it . I have took it all over, it has enough room for all my gear and then a little more with the roof rack. I now have just over 80,000 and no major repairs not even brake pads. I like to keep it maint. My two year old has smeared and colored all over the seats, windows, plastics, arm rest, and they clean up easy, but a little hard to stay in after a long trip( stretch your legs every time u get the chance if u have to stay in the back seat) the city ride is not bad compared to other suv's with the same off road capabilities... its stiff for a reason try towing and breaking with a large trailer behind a jeep...good luck, the x has held up so far everything i put it through i have yet to find a reason to trade up yet, but a note to the readers if u CAN stay with 100% gas it makes a huge dif. in MPG and its makes the fuel sender work. Drive on Friends because u can in a x"

Xterra # 2

By on Sunday, September 19, 2010

"Drove my 2004 110,000 miles without any problems. Purchased the 2008 and 93,000 miles later It's still the best vehicle that i have ever purchased."

Solid SUV, fun to drive

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Sporty and agile, fun to drive"

Cons: "Arm rests would be nice"

"I bought this new in 2008. I just got back from a 6000 mile cross country drive. It handled dirt, ice, snow, slush and cruised comfortably across 17 states. A good off roader in its stock form. Its a bit small to sleep in comfortably for me. Heading east I got a high of 24 mpg thanks to a pretty constant tail wind. Usually get about 20 on the freeway. It now has about 45,000 miles and hasn't had any recalls or problems. The Vehicle Dynamic Control saved me a couple times. Once when I had to swerve around a parked truck on the freeway doing 60mph. Another time when I was hit on the rear passenger door doing about 50. The only thing my S model lacks is outdoor temp gauge and a compass built into the review mirror and a 6 CD changer. All things that could be added but my previous Ford SUVs had those features and I do like them. They are probably available on the SE and offroad model. I never thought I would keep her this long but I still like the body style, the power and handling. I've only done oil changes, tire rotations and had the coolant system flushed. Brakes are still good. This is my first Nissan or import for what its worth, it was built in Tennessee."