2010 Nissan Xterra

Based on 476 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Excellent! Fun to drive

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "Go anywhere through anything. Fun to drive. Good s"

Cons: "Gas mileage..."

"A fun personality! We are having an awful winter-bitter cold and then feet of snow. This truck goes through it all. My only issue is that MPG is bad... I love it and would buy a second one."

We got a steal!

By on Monday, May 14, 2012

Pros: "comfort, style, cargo, and flexiblity to lifestyle"

Cons: "Sound system, no power mirrors on "X". I have "S""

"Value is a higher rating then most since we got well under the invoice price on the Xterra S model. Nissan has always been a reliable brand for the last three vehicle my family has owned. The qulaity of the vehicle exceeds my standards. I do not want a fancy SUV, I want one I can get dirty on the weekend and be nice during the week. Driving dynamics, great pick up and handling, the highway driving is impressive, you can hear everyone speak inside the car while on the highway. Interior, the sounds system could be better, but no problem here since my last sound system was really bad. Exterior, the compartment on the roof is nice and so is the space under the trunk. It is very comforable, I could take it on a long road trip and hitting bumps in the road are barely felt. IT IS A GREAT NEW VECHICLE!"

I love my Xterra!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

"My Xterra is tough enough for back woods adventures, and slick enough for the city. It plows through mud holes and slides in easily at parallel parking. It has storage everywhere, so no matter what my adventure is, I know I'm covered. I could go on...this thing rocks. I used to name my cars...but this one is unable to be named. ...it is the most interesting SUV in the world. :)"

capable 4x4 gas hog

By on Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"Purchased a used 2007 S model, 6 months ago. Put 15k miles on it in that time. This vehicle is a truck, not a car, so handles like a truck. I purchased this at a bargain price of $14500, compared to a brand new one, it was a steal. Great time to buy a 4x4 gas guzzler because everyone is buying subaru's and other small AWD cars. Handling: even for a truck, is poor. My Mechanic can't determine why, but it wonders on the road a lot. Just the nature of the X, be prepared for it. It can be tiring to drive on long trips. Quality: Nissan saved a lot of money by building the interior of this car out of cheap plastic components that break, crack, and scratch easily. Seat material is poor. Wear was very apparent when I purchased this used X. Engine is also noisy, and there is some moderate wind noise. I had a 04 X and it seemed to have better quality interior than this new design. Capability: This is where the X shines, very powerful V6, excellent 4x4 capability and tows a 3000 pound boat with ease. Nissan clearly put an emphasis on the capability rather than the interior quality. With all that power comes a price, and it's paid when you fill up. With gas at $3.20+ per gallon, a fill up will cost you $60. That will move you about 350 miles, if you're lucky. Don't buy this car for the mpg! Bottom line: for the 4 to 5 months of snowy driving in the northeast, the X is ideal. You're much safer in this SUV than you are in a small AWD car, and I won't put a price on my family's safety. This is an excellent vehicle. I will buy a new one when this one hits 150K miles."

Reliable vehicle

By on Sunday, October 10, 2010

"This is a very dependable car and is wonderful in the snow. However, it is not very comfortable for long trips. The drivers seat is not very comfortable and it rides rough on the highway at times"