2010 Nissan Xterra

Based on 463 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Solid, powerful, fun, reliable

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Cons: "gas mileage in this tough economy..18-20 mpg"

"We LOVE this car; always feel safe in here! It gets us where we want to go in all weather-in the mountains, gravel driveways mucky or snowy- shift into the 4-wheel drive mode and we get where we want to go! We even pulled a mail truck out of a ditch in the winter! Cargo space is outstanding! Short on cup holders in the back seat w/3 people back there; height from the ground makes it difficult for some of our older friends/relatives to get in and out, but ground clearance makes this car one of the best for rough terrain."

Off-road Ninja Hauler

By on Thursday, February 10, 2011

"The 2006 model Xterra won Car and Driver's SUV of the year, and for a reason! In stock form this is a very capable Off-road SUV. Get the Off-road package with rear locker, and 4X4 and it's near impossible to get stuck. What really sets the Xterra apart is it's overall versatility. The Wranger is better off-road, but not by a large amount. The Xterra is probably the 2nd best off-road vehicle (in stock form). Now let's compare them on-road. Both vehicles are more utilitarian in nature, but the Xterra is a much more civilized and comfortable on pavement. I've put over 60k miles on mine, and do not regret my decision. So that you know I'm not blind fan boy, here are the cons: 1. Cheap plastic interior (can stratch easy) 2. Rear seats entry/exit is tight. 3. Ride is trucklike 4. Gas milage suffers with 4X4 and big tires Pros: 1. Impressive turning radius 2. Plenty of power 3. Plenty of technology (Traction Control, HIll descent assist, incline brake release, active braking limited slip, electronic rear locker) 4. Off-road capability, civilized in town."

I Love This Car

By on Sunday, October 31, 2010

"I have an 05 with almost 100K miles and it still looks and drive likes new. No major repairs needed minus 30K, 60K, 90K scheduled stuff. I pretty much plan on owning this car forever. Would recommend to anyone. Only complaint, the back seat is hard to get in and out of due to the rear wheel well."

Xterra # 2

By on Sunday, September 19, 2010

"Drove my 2004 110,000 miles without any problems. Purchased the 2008 and 93,000 miles later It's still the best vehicle that i have ever purchased."

Great Adventure vehicle

By on Saturday, August 28, 2010

"Our 2010 Nissan Xterra Off road 6speed MT is our second Xterra. We used to have a 2002 4x2 and used it to go everywhere going semi-off road when traction allowed. Now that we have a 4x4 Off Road trim, We've already taken it to Hollister Off road park, The Lost Coast USAL beach, and other adventures. Ive had no complaints with this vehicle. I guess the people who buy this vehicle should expect what they are buying. Its a Truck Chassis 4X4 that has no frills interior and awsome off road capability right out of the box. It is what it is. Nothing more nothing less. Real SUV 4x4's started this way and they just got more and more bloat and fat. Just what I wanted in a adventure vehicle."