2009 Nissan Xterra

Based on 474 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Great Truck

By on Friday, June 04, 2010

"This is a Great Truck and Great Value. It's a truck not a tall station wagon. I like the solid truck ride. I averaged 21.8 MPG on a 400 mile trip (90% highway). Great cargo room. Lots of storage space."

Great SUV for a 20 Something

By on Friday, December 28, 2007

"I love this truck. I get about 16 MPG in the city, and 21 MPG on the interstate and it has all the power you'll ever need on the highway. I took the truck off-road once and in 4WD low, there was plenty of torque to get through the mud. The rear seat is not passenger friendly ( and per some other reviews) doesn't accomodate a child safetly seat, but there's plenty of cargo space. In short, great truck for one or two."

Sweet Ride

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I got this vehicle because I liked the old Xterra but didn't like the engine choices and the rear drums amongst other things. When this one came out they had fixed everything that I saw wrong with the old model so I just had to get one. So far I have had it for a year and a half and nothing has gone wrong with it and it does great off-road and on. My only complaint is with the BFG Rugged Trail tires. I upgraded to BFG All-Terrain tires and have never looked back. Great stopping power and acceleration, along with decent gas mileage for the size of the car. I would recommend that anyone buy this car as I couldn't have picked a better car to suit me."

The Unapologetically Utilitarian SUV

By on Thursday, January 28, 2016

Pros: "ENGINE (power), rugged, simple, reliable, utility"

Cons: "ENGINE (economy), int. plastic scratches easily"

2015 Pro-4X with 6-spd manual. One of my all-time favorite vehicles owned.

"No, it isn't a Chrysler Wrangler; trust me, that's a good thing. No, it isn't a Rogue, either. Or an Outlander. Or anything else that uses electronic proxies to replicate actual 4WD capabilities so soccer moms can gum up the left lane when it snows. Look, it's hard (tough), angular (distinct), unyielding (solid), and even dated (proven). The engine sucks down fuel like a riding lawn mower, but it also shoves all 4,300 lbs down the pavement faster than some "sporty" cars manage (to 60 in 7 seconds), hauls 5,000 lbs, and sounds pretty sweet under acceleration. And it's available (like mine) in a 6-spd manual. Did you hear that? AN SUV WITH A MANUAL TRANSMISSION. Gotta love that. We've taken it on vacation with lots of highway miles, and while comfortable enough, it never lets you forget it's a body-on-frame SUV. I have the 2015 Pro-4X so it has JUST enough creature comforts to keep me happy, but it's honestly what I call "my analog SUV in a digital world." And that's why I like it so much. Instead of trying to please the lowest common denominator of focus groups, the Xterra is meant for a narrow audience that DOES things, GOES places, and NEEDS a more rugged vehicle than most. My dog vomited in the back of mine Week 1, and I drug a hose into the back seat and sprayed out the cargo area. Done and done. I like the Ford Explorer just fine, but I'd have been looking at a $75 detailing to clean that same mess up. So if you want a REAL SUV--and all that means--definitely look at the Xterra. If you want a road-focused crossover with a traction-control dial, this ain't it."

2015 Pro-4X with 6-spd manual. One of my all-time favorite vehicles owned.

Reliability defined!

By on Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pros: "Dependable, reliable, smooth ride, handles well"

Cons: "mpg sucks"

"Great, dependable car. 17 mpg is the only reason it is a 9 instead of a 10 across the board."